PDA

View Full Version : Marines Memorial Hotel/Club

David
04-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Beau

Registered to :Aug 29, 2001
Posted 29-10-2001 at 21:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if other big cities have similar hotels/clubs but in the city where I commute to work (San Francisco) they have a refurbished Marines Hotel (open to the public) that is very nice: nice wood paneling and historical memorabelia (paintings, flags, uniforms and so on). It is an old building that is squeezed into a very cramped city street but it is amazingly memorable on the inside.

Almost wished I had been a Marine --- nope, two years as a "doggie" was enough !!!! --- memorabilia.

Beau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
MARINEVET

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 30-10-2001 at 21:46
Yeah Beau, the MMC&H is known far and wide around the Corps. Just got a new boss there...MajGen Mike Myatt USMC (Ret)...fine Marine w/whom I share some emails. He's already bringing about some needed changes...same great old place but being run more like a viable business.

S/F,

WVM
Marine

Profile Qoute
Beau

Registered to :Aug 29, 2001
Posted 31-10-2001 at 00:36
Please tell the General that he did a good job.

nuff said