PDA

View Full Version : Viet nam vet slain by atlanta Swat

DMZ-LT
05-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Ronald Jenkins ,54 ,was shot and killed in his house by Atlanta SWAT team members Friday night, He had been shooting a shotgun in his house, Friends said he was always upset around Memorial day and this year he was distraught because he couldn't visit his friends gravesight. Rest in peace brother. Today at the store a young man came up to me ( because of the tattos ) and shook my hand and said thank you, Ying and yang. As James said - life will unfold as it should- but I can't make much sense of it today - all I can do is keep movin, very tough weekend for me, doin my best to stay out of the bunker. Welcome home to ALL THE BROTHERS !

Deadmanwalking
05-25-2002, 06:11 PM
They did the same thing to my friend Mario on a cold Wisconsin backroad. Went to the Nam, won a Silver Star as a Navy Corpman with the Marines , came home and got killed by "Barney Fife". Life just gets twisted sometimes LT, but you are right on about stayin' out of that bunker and just keep movin'...Deadmanwalking

blues clues
05-26-2002, 04:17 AM
but with the help of a good woman it can be done yesterday got to see my seventh grandson he looks like a good linebacker at 3month he weighs 16 lb.was the high light of my day. god bless all my bother that have servered and those who are servering.
razz:D :D

DMZ-LT
05-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Had his sister on the news today. Said he was a casualty of Viet Nam , but may be now his nightmares would stop - said he wouldn't hurt a fly. Sat in my little garden and pulled weeds and cried most of the day. God bless us one and all - lot of unborn daughters out there. Welcome home.

Arrow
05-26-2002, 02:32 PM
~ LT recently in a small community near by a Vietnam Vet was stabbed to death by his teenage (14 or 15) son. The single dad came home from work and knocked on the son's door and ask him to close his window as he noticed it open as he pulled into the drive. It was hot and the air conditioning unit was running so there was no need to have the window open...

The kid was smokin pot and had a twenty year old girlfriend in the room...he got smart with his dad...and the Dad busted the door down...

There was a little pushin and shovin and the kid got mad went to the kitchen looked for a knife with a good blade and came back down the hallway and took his Dad out...

I was in the court house the day they brought the kid up for a pretrial hearing. He walked out of the court room laughing and joking with the jailers. No remorse what so ever.

Knowing one of the family members of the Vet I know he was a hardworking man, loved by his friends and the extended family, very active in the VFW. The defense team has declared that they will get the kid off just by bringing up the fact that the Dad was a Vietnam Vet...

No matter what his accomplishments and love and concern for his family had been...

if there is any justice in this world that kid needs to go to jail for a very long time..if not forever..

I watched this killer child and I am telling you it chilled me to the bone not to see one ounce of remorse in this child...

And now the dead Father is indited for the second time..once when he came home from Vietnam and the second time for owning the name Vietnam Vet...

Yup it is stuff like this that makes me want to stay in the bunker too LT...

But I think I will keep movin if for no other reason than to make sure the truth is told about those millions and millions of good men that served in that old crazy Asian War.... ~

DMZ-LT
05-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Lot of unborn daughters . sis. Thank you .

1CAVCCO15MED
05-26-2002, 07:27 PM
This thread is just too hard. God be with all the fallen. there will be a day of reckoning.

SEATJERKER
05-26-2002, 07:49 PM
...up your lips, and curled your tinted hair...

Ruby are you contenplating going out some where...
The shadow on the wall, tells me the sun is going down...

Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town...

It wasn't me that started that ol' crazy Asian war,
But I was proud to do my patriotic chore...

Kenny Rodgers, and the first edition,

Sis, can you finish this...

...Your all in my thoughts for tomorrow as with those that have fallen...

... My children will know, and their children's children will know, as the sacrifices made by the soldier, are to held in the highest esteem on this day...
Welcome Home Brothers, and Sisters, Welcome Home...

Arrow
05-26-2002, 08:05 PM
~ You've painted up your lips
And rolled and curled your tinted hair,
Ruby are you contemplating
Going out somewhere?
The shadow on the wall tells me
The sun is going down,
Oh, Ruby, don't take your love to town.

It wasn't me that started
That old crazy Asian war,
But I was proud to go and do
My patriotic chore.
Yes it's true that I'm not
The man I used to be,
Oh, Ruby, I still need some company.

It's hard to love
A man whose legs
Are bent and paralyzed
And the wants and needs
Of a woman your age
Ruby, I realize
But it won't be long
I've heard them say
Until I'm not around
Oh, Ruby, don't take your love to town.

She's leaving now
Cause I just heard
The slamming of the door
The way I know
I've heard it slam
One hundred times before
And if I could move
I'd get my gun
And put her in the ground,
Oh, Ruby, don't take your love ~

TVZ
05-27-2002, 05:48 PM
http://www.manchu.org/sounds/driveon.ram

Gimpy
05-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Been a rough few days.

God bless them all.

Packo
05-28-2002, 08:04 AM
Using the Vietnam Vet scape goat in trials has been going on for years. Murderers of Vets use it cause' "they feared him", and governments use it to convict the innocent. It's tragic.

I don't think it will ever end until we're all in the ground.

I have been in situations like the Vet killed by the SWAT team. Each time we just waited them out and talked with them when there were no hostages involved. Shooting him, without a hostage in danger, sounds like murder to me. I won't 2nd guess the team, I wasn't there.....but why weren't Vet Center Counselors brought in to assist, if they weren't. I had 5 Police Agencies in NC who would contact me immediately if a situation like this came up and in each case they were settled peacefully.

LT, can you post the newpaper article?

Packo

DMZ-LT
05-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Sorry don't know how to do that. You can probably pull up the paper at AJC.COM. Going to a funeral tomorrow of a friend - feel like I am in the 14th round of a twelve round fight. Welcome home.

SEATJERKER
05-28-2002, 08:47 AM
...You guys will forever pulling over time, and paying someone elses tab...
... a mindless excuse to rubber stamp the lives of thousands after being called upon to defend the masses of this chosin nation for others...
...what Paco said should be made into a nationwide process of having a crisis intervention team ready to respond to any mention of veterans status in a "stand-off" situation...
...any such program in the works ?????
...how would such a program be "spider webed" by "local enforcement to be effective...sugestions...

xgrunt
05-28-2002, 09:16 AM
that the victim had called police earlier that morning to state he was going to kill himself. He lived with his parents, his wife having died in his mid-thirties. He had been hit by a van while on his motorcycle which necessiated pain killers. He was being treated by the local VA for "mental" problems. They don't state whether it was PTSD although his friends said his problems were caused by his service in Viet Nam. The paper reported that after his parents left the house he continued to fire his shotgun out of the windows at police. The city Psych service and his VA Doctor were consulted throughout the incident. When SWAT stormed the house after all negotiations had failed[they did not state how long they tried defusing the situation before going in] Police claim he left the bedroom and pointed his shotgun at an officer and was then shot. That's the paper's basic story. I'm torn between two thoughts-was it police overreaction to a "freaked out Nam vet" or was it "Suicide by Police"? For complete story go to www.ajc.com and type in SWAT in the search engine. Either way another brother has died in that DAMNED WAR.:(

Andy
05-28-2002, 09:37 AM
This is sad but there are vets and probably always have been who decide to commit suicide by means of cop. I have 3 such incidents and none of the ?suicides? were successful. Usually starting the conversation with something like, ?OK, I told the FNG?s to give it a break. My name?s Tom and was an eleven bravo in RVN, what?s you name man?? That seemed to work pretty well.

?My dad was mean to me, I was abused?, seems to be a VERY popular defense. Luckily some judges still understand a person is responsible for their own actions. The presiding judge in this country did 1967 with the 101st, that seems to make quite a difference.

Arrow: as far at that 14-15 year old goes, in lots of jurisdictions, unless he has a history of violent behavior, he?ll be released by the 21st birthday. Around here some gangs use 16 year olds as hit men, knowing they?ll only get five years. The kids do it, in part, because they know they?ll have ?status? in the gang. As far as killing one?s father while smoking weed; there might be more to that story.

On the up side, Sunday we went to church in York PA. At one point in the service the pastor asked for all veterans to stand up. The congregation gave a round of applause. The service ended with the singing of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Hope there weren?t any vets from Virginia there. It was well intentioned.

Lt: Keep on truckin, Don?t give the bastards the satisfaction.

Stay healthy, in all ways,
Andy