PDA

View Full Version : The Real Truth about Vietnam....Yea..Right....

navynam
05-29-2002, 09:22 AM
I was over visiting veterans.com the old site.
Saw a posting entitled "The real truth about Vietnam" the guy who wrote it says he is vietnamese.
Sure glad to find out there was really no war, and that you all were teenagers paid to keep your mouth shut. boy what a whacko this dude is....will put the entire text below so you can see (but won't believe) what he said.

Here it is....
"There was really no war just a bunch of young propaganda for the United States to live of off so they didnt seem to powerful. The people that supposedly "survived" were just teenagers who were payed to keep there mouth shut, but it didnt really matter because they all got stoned and died anyway so they US government didnt have to worry about paying them anymore.I should know this because i am Vietnamese and was 12 years old during the time. All those pictures you saw were just movies directed by someonend out "

The above is to sad to be funny, but guess it is just rantings of an unbalanced peson.
Edgar
:mad

sn-e3
05-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Thanks I needed a good laugh this morning so he was 12 years old for 11 years thats something kind of like denise the menise he never grows up. but the rantings continue sort of like our mr one five over hear I see a pattern and they all look like ronnie, kule I do pity him or her because they need help and just don't know it thanks again for the laugh

Packo
05-29-2002, 12:16 PM
The jigs up fellows. The truth has surficed. We're all busted. Well, think I'll go make up a crack & heroin cocktail. Ahhh, that's good, wow man, I mean, Ach, Ack, help, I'm ODing, A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-

"Livin' on reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine. All his friends can say is "aint it a shame"."

Poor deceased Packo

Keith_Hixson
05-29-2002, 12:19 PM
Don't know whether to cry or laugh!

Someone not based in reality or making his own reality.

Just like some of those idiots that say there was no holocast with the Jews in Europe.

Just a dumb stupid post by someone trying to stir up controversy or someone not wanting to face reality.

Keith:confused:

Seascamp
05-30-2002, 10:20 AM
Obviously the Vietnamese author has fallen out of his frigging tree some where along the line or perhaps he is/was in an area of limited US participation. Either way, he?s rolling his own and is probably blowing dope from the alleged ?Golden Triangle?. He missed the whole show and is spouting nonsense for one reason or another and being stoned seems like a probable cause.
Fair seas, Bill

1CAVCCO15MED
05-30-2002, 11:32 AM
I can no longer live this lie. It's true, everything he said was true. I have lived with this shame for too long. I'm going to send my medals back, send the VA it's money back and wear a hair shirt and beat myself with a whip. Those that refuse to believe the truth are sad. As for someone being 11 years old for 10 years, it can happen. My father has been 18 for 70 years now.

Hoyin
05-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Speaking of this ...in my generation in history class the Vietnam war was so casually skimmed over that I wouldnt have known really that it *had* happenned or what/when/where/how except for my life experience and that I just happen to be a history buff.
I had hoped that now things had changed in our classrooms but apparently not.
AND
This "author" has got more than a few screws loose.

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-30-2002, 04:14 PM
You let the cat out of the bag! Now they'll stop sending me those bags of oregano every month!
Just stopped in after checking out the THC site and glad to see noone is taking this moron seriously (really think this is Kule?).
If you stop at that site, I think Theoddz has his number.

thedrifter
05-30-2002, 04:17 PM
MANY HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT VIET NAM AND NEVER SET FOOT THERE. IF YOU WEREN'T THERE KINDLY KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED.
ALL I ASK WHERE WERE YOU???????????

Sempers,

Roger

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-30-2002, 04:46 PM
9th Engineer Battalion, 1st Mardiv. Chulai from late March '67 'til June '68. Extended my time for three months but some Lt. juggled papers so he could go home early (that's what the Top told me.) Spent a few weeks on the USNS Upshur going over - don't remember how many days but we lost St. Pat's day when we crossed the Int. Date Line.

thedrifter
05-30-2002, 05:18 PM
JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A BIG WELCOME HOME.

I was with FLSG-B/FLC at Dong Ha 68/69

Sempers,

Roger

navynam
05-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Maybe I should not have put his ravings on this forum. But just irks hell out of me to hear crap like that. Laughing at him is probably the best answer. Sounds like some of you may have ideas who he is.
In 1967 my ship was in a dry dock for repairs near San Francisco
We were not allowed to have civies aboard ship so I was always in uniform when leaving ship, to get to town I had to ride a bus through haight ashbury. I can not tell you how many times I was spit on and called baby burner (and worse) on those trips. I went to Vietnam a short time there after and those words and actions were still in my craw. I guess they still are.
If this guy is the Ron you suspect, I wonder what his motives are??
I was and still am proud of serving my country, I have dedicated my entire adult life to serving it in one form or the other, but will never understand our treatment by the American public back then.
We were the enemy, or at least it would seem that way from the hatered they showed when cursing me.
Sorry my friends, sometimes the memories just rush back on me. Enough of my pity party..
I know I never had it even remotely as hard as you grunts, you have my admiration and gratitude till the day I die. So lets all laugh at this crud some more.
Like the man says, welcome home to you all....
Edgar
:D

Andy
05-31-2002, 07:07 AM
Anyone remember the old saying, "The only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead."? We are talking about the same government that runs the INS, the VA and controls the Post Office. Conspiracy buffs crack me up.

I wonder if WWII happened? Or was is a ruse set up by those liberal film makers in Hollywood who wanted everyone to feel sorry for Jewish people?
Oh yeah, and the death of JFK, it was just an elaborate suicide.

Stay healthy, stay sane,
Andy

Keith_Hixson
05-31-2002, 08:04 AM
When St. Helens blew it was some communists using Mt.St. Helens an atomic bomb target. There is no such thing as a volcanic explosion. My fears have all come true thanks to you Andy. I knew it was a conspiracy.

Keith:D :p :D

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-31-2002, 07:39 PM
Of course there was no WWII - our parents and grandparents were all rich and took world tours. 'Course they were all lousy drivers and there were a heck of alot of traffic accidents - did you hear about the one in Normandy?
So a-holes like this are gonna be running around and should best be ignored. Y'gotta wonder what goes through their minds, tho' - wait, better not go there!

frisco-kid
05-31-2002, 10:12 PM
The only dry dock in San Francisco was at the Hunter's Point Shipyards, on the bay-side of the City south of the Downtown. Downtown San Francisco is also on the bay-side of the City. Haight-Ashbury is in the center of the City, west of Downtown. A bus wouldn't have taken you there from Hunter's Point to Downtown. Not to say that you weren't confronted by some assholes.

I was in uniform several times in my hometown of San Francisco. When I first got home from VN in JUN67 and while home on leave from Ft. Bragg. I was never once spat on [lucky for them], or even harrassed for being in the Army. Once had a bartender give me free beers all afternoon, even though I was underage. Even got layed by a hippie chick down in Haight-Ashbury, even though I told her the truth about why my hair was so short.

San Francisco has a very old military history. There was always a big military presence because of the San Francisco Presidio [Army], Treasure Island Naval Base [Navy and Marines], and always a ship or two in port. The anti-war movement, and it's sheep-mentality followers, NEVER represented the vast majority of San Franciscans. 166 San Franciscans died in Vietnam.