PDA

View Full Version : A New Citizen Of The World

frisco-kid
05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
I would like to introduce all of you to FINN[egan] THOMAS ADAMS. He decided to take his place in the world at 3:34 PM today. He weighed in at 7lbs., 13oz and is 20in. long. His mother [my daughter] and her husband are doing fine. He takes his place in the family as my first grandson, behind his cousins Kati [8yrs.], and Amanda [6yrs.]. He is also the first grandson of his paternal grandparents. Finn, welcome. My prediction for you is that you are going to grow to be a decent, stand-up man because you will be nurtured by lots of love, surrounded by several good role models.

A VERY PROUD GRANDFATHER,
Tom:D

JPWatson
05-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Cogratulations !

A grandfather three times Blessed.

S/F Jimmy:D

David
05-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Happy days! Congratulations :)

sn-e3
05-29-2002, 09:23 PM
way to go man. we will expect him at our next campout dressed in camo congratulations my friend

Hoyin
05-29-2002, 09:55 PM
How wonderful a new life..new grandson!! Congratulations!!!

Keith_Hixson
05-29-2002, 11:22 PM
I don't have a grandson yet. Just one 8 yr old granddaughter.

How do you those kids to produce a grandson? I need a grandson before I get too old.

Keith:confused:

catena
05-30-2002, 01:08 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is some great news.. Time to start spoiling him :)
Mom and dad have to grandsons and three granddaughters
one of each is bye marriage (brothers wife has a boy and a girl)
the ones who liv here are spoiled and its been the best part of thier lives...
my dads favorit thing to say is "If I new grandkids were this much fun i would have had them first" hahaha
:) Congrats again Tom
have fun with them all :)
love ya all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

Arrow
05-30-2002, 04:14 AM
And congratulations to you Tom, what a blessing the Lord has sent your way! May the sun be always upon his face and the wind always at his back all the days of his life...sis

Packo
05-30-2002, 06:18 AM
Do I see a tiny little set of Corcorans hanging from your rear-view mirror?

Best of all to you, your family, and the latest little Paratrooper to drop in!

Packo

DMZ-LT
05-30-2002, 06:31 AM
Congrats Tom. New life renews our vision of the future. I am jealous, but proud for you and your family. Isn't Finn a German name ?

thedrifter
05-30-2002, 06:48 AM
A new little baby
to cuddle and love
To spoil just a little
and think the world of,
A bundle from Heaven
to simply adore,
Now who in the world
could ask for more!

Congradulations....

Sempers,

Roger

SgtBlake
05-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Congradulations Tom :) :) :)

Drywall
05-30-2002, 08:34 AM
From a brand new (4-30-02) grandpa to a veteran grandpa. All the best to little Finn and everyone else.

P.S. I might have to get some grandpa lessons from you.

Cwilkens
05-30-2002, 09:39 AM
From one new grandfather to another - peace, long life and propsper. Enjoy. He will bring joy and light into your heart. Spoil him with love and attention him and he will love you.

My grand-daughter is 15 month and is the joy of my heart next to my best friend, lover and wife. our 'empty nest' is now full again.

best wishes

cwilkens/ 716 MP BN/ Saigon/ 1967 - 1968:D

1CAVCCO15MED
05-30-2002, 10:01 AM
Just remember he should be walking before paratroop training. One thing for sure, he already has a hero.

Seascamp
05-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Good news and thanks for the update on Finn. Ya got him all set up to be a Paratroop yet Tom? LOL
Fair seas, Bill

SEATJERKER
05-30-2002, 10:33 AM
... and have a cigar....
.. keep him away from the pillow cases, and the ledge to the roof, feed him well, tell him lots of stories about his parents, even if you have to make them up...
... to get even with them for all the kid stuff they did to you, spoil them, and buy them lots of annoying loud toys, and messy snacks, teach them to pull your finger( that always sets "mom" off), or better off, teach him to give it...
... And the #1 offense "GRANDPA SAID I COULD"...
... #2...WHISPER, so mom can't hear what your telling them...
...#3....keep adding up all mom or dads mistakes with subtle reminders...
...etc..........

Beau
05-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Bless his life. May he be a good boy and man.

Beau

ArtySgt
05-30-2002, 03:31 PM
Spoil him rotten, it's your right as a GrandFather...:D

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-30-2002, 03:47 PM
and, oh yeah!, ARTYSGT is right- spoil him rotten but don't forget to make sure he knows how to fish.
Catena, like that quote from Dad - got 6 boys here and still waiting for the next gen. to show but when he/she does....

sfc_darrel
05-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Love those grandchildren
Spoil them rotten and send them home.:D

39mto39g
05-30-2002, 07:31 PM
always have a place in the heart of anyone that ever used the letters FTA.
Good luck Pau Pau.
Ron

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-30-2002, 08:00 PM
FTA? Gee! Tha anything like FILMO?

Advisor
05-30-2002, 08:23 PM
As a newbie awaiting his 1st grandchild (a girl!!), I'll need lots of advice on how to perform my role as Pop Pop. Congrats bro!!!!!
I can't wait til my first (little Emily) joins the family in August.

Timothy R. Kuhr
05-30-2002, 08:37 PM
No problem! I'm sure you know how to change a diaper and warm a bottle. The secret is to hold her close, talk to her and when she thinks you're God, give her back - it's payback time! Just don't forget - she thinks you're God so don't slack off on the holding and talking and start stockpiling your dollar bills for "Grandpa, can I have....

Andy
05-31-2002, 09:27 AM
Why is everyone giving you a pat on the back? It's not like you had anything to do with it.
Really wish I was you. Sure hope I get to be grandpa one of these days.

Stay healthy, (too bad you can't legally light a cigar in your town),
Andy

Packo
05-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Maybe I can find some of those pink bubble gum cigars to send him in the land of Fruits and Nuts!

Hey Tom, we can still enjoy ta bacca products here in the South!

(we also still enjoy bronchitus, asthma, emphysima, lung cancer, but hey, it's our right!)

From the land of G.R.I.T.S (Girls Raised In The South) and fluffy Biscuits!

Airborne!

Packo

phuloi
05-31-2002, 01:16 PM
His daughter did all the work!Seriously Tom,Congratulations.With my daughter being only eight,I doubt if this old Irishman will ever see a grandchild...but one never knows,do one?:D

frisco-kid
05-31-2002, 11:16 PM
for all the "Congrats." Well, except for Andy and Packo:D . Yeah, pretty happy around here. Of course, he gets beaucoup points with me, having my name for a middle name. What about you Uncle Andy and Uncle Packo?

DOC: I figure to have him "touching" the ceiling in a month, or so. Just to get him used to heights and decents. I promise not to have him doing PLFs until he can walk.

LT: Around the turn of the century there was a local sculptor named Finn Frolich, who was originally from Germany. A couple of days ago, a Danish lady that we know told us that "Finn" was a fairly common name in Scandinavia. However, "Finnegan" is purely Irish. He will be called "Finn", after the legendary Irish giant, Fionn MacComhaill [Finn MacCool].

RON: Good eye, Bro. It didn't register until you pointed it out.

TIMOTHY: It's an Army thing, Gyrene. FTA= Fuck The Army!:D

Timothy R. Kuhr
06-01-2002, 12:33 AM
Not even walking yet and you're talking about shoving him out the door of that perfectly good plane - wait! who's driving!
FILMO - It's a gyrene thing from long ago - Fuck It, Let Me Out! FTA was pretty obvious.