PDA

View Full Version : I Won!

phuloi
05-31-2002, 01:23 PM
After a four and a half year battle with Social Security,and a very trying and emotional hearing yesterday before the same judge that denied my claim a year ago-I prevailed! Perseverance furthers.

DMZ-LT
05-31-2002, 01:31 PM
Way to go , bro

Arrow
05-31-2002, 01:46 PM
It took a whole lot of Guts to follow through. Lesser men would have quit a long time ago. I am in absolute awe of what Griz did yesterday inspite of all the emotional pain he was in. And in awe of the Father for all the very specific prayers that were answered to prove His love for me and for Griz. I'm just proud to know the two of them. And I love them both with all my heart...sis

sn-e3
05-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Griz You are my Hero way to go man don't go spending it all at once but taking time out to take kati to disneyland might be of help to both of you congratulations my friend

Keith_Hixson
05-31-2002, 03:23 PM
Hey Griz,

Now you can afford to move to the beautiful dry side of the state.
:D
Congratulations!!!

Keith

Andy
05-31-2002, 03:39 PM
Next time you visit your sister I'll let you take me out for lobster. I'll even wear that slinky black number if you'd like. Come back to your roots big guy.

Really glad you won.

Stay healthy, I mean that,
Andy

SuperScout
05-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Congrats on tilting with The Windmill, and more importantly, WINNING!! There are some fights worth fighting, and your perseverance, courage and diligence will be an inspiration for us all.
Scouts Out!!

Arrow
05-31-2002, 03:50 PM
Andy,

Go on with your bad self all dressed up in slinky black, but I am putting you on notice: "your not woman enough to take my man"...;)

Andy
05-31-2002, 04:24 PM
At 6'0, 240 and refusing to shave my legs, there was never a question that your more a woman than me. Besides, I do have "outdoor plumbing". However I may PMS as often as any. OK, you win but I'd still like someone to buy me a lobster, with a quart of steamers on the side and perhaps a cocktail or twelve. If anyone's interested, I'll tell you what beautiful eyes you have.

Stay healthy,
Andy

Keith_Hixson
05-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Does this mean that Andy isn't a threat to your relationship?

Andy in drag, now that is an ugly thought. Hairy legs, yuk.

No threat there!

Keith:D

Arrow
05-31-2002, 04:44 PM
Oh now don't take it so hard, big women might come back into fashion....

the other stuff well...yeah..that can be a problem...

ok ok, since you sound like you are in need of a night out I will try not to be so jealous of you..(did you know there is a country western song titled "I shaved my legs for this?"

I got to warn you though Griz is not just another pretty face..

he reminded me of that fact when he so skillfully tracked down Chris and Joan's place...

SEATJERKER
05-31-2002, 05:45 PM
...takes too much time, and too much effort sometimes, but it's even better to laugh last, and love more...
...congratulations, and you take your little wonder anywhere you want, and have as much fun as you possibly can
...although even thinking of Andy dressed in anything above knee in black in Mass. no less, would bring shudders , and goose bumps, I banish that thought from my mind...come to think of it, I did win a hairy legs competition once...
...You earned it...B.O.L. "C"

sn-e3
05-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Andy since keith got on me for my fashion statement. I did some studying and found out that hairy arm pits and un shaved legs is the european style so andy you go ahead and dress up in black and if anyone ask tell them your starting a new craze the euro look besides that last time i looked poland was still in europe your just going back to your roots. and hey just blame the side effects on your chemo BTW did that penis every go away that started sprouting out on your chest?

Arrow
05-31-2002, 07:15 PM
C and Chris you are both nuts. Hey you better be careful have you read Andy's profile? Your messin' with one bad dude...:)

Arrow
05-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Switchin' gears...

This is for all of us that have tried so hard to do the right thing for our children but esp it is for Griz...

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
(Written by a former child)

A message every adult should read, because children
are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator,
and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my
favorite cake for me and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk
to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
feel good and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come
from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you
cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of
life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and
wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw when
you thought I wasn't looking."

Andy
05-31-2002, 07:24 PM
I told you not to tell anyone about the side effect the gene therapy is having. It's supposed to be a surprise. Besides I'm still trying to figure out how not to walk around half cocked.

BTW: In these parts a person who is large and has hairy legs but wears a dress is called a dyke. We got lots of them around. Guess their European and didn't even know it.

Seatjerker: I'll send you a photo.

Stay healthy, a better life thru science,
Andy

Keith_Hixson
05-31-2002, 07:44 PM
I told her to send Andy to me for counseling. Now look what its come to. Such a shame, such a shame, poor Annette what's a theropist to do but shake his head and weep.

Keith:D

phuloi
05-31-2002, 08:30 PM
Did you ever consider that maybe,just maybe I like Andy in the black silky outfit?Andy,You got yourself a date.;)

Arrow
05-31-2002, 08:39 PM
Griz you are way to fickle for me...this is the end..I mean really..first it is V I C T O R I A down at the so called legitimate massage parlour then it is Diana Krall and now it's Andy!!!

The competition is killin' me...;)

Friends in Low Places
Written by: Dewayne Blackwell, Bud Lee

Blame it all on my roots
I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair
The last one to know
The last one to show
I was the last one
You thought you'd see there
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said, honey, we may be through
But you'll never hear me complain

'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places

Well, I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then, I've been there before
Everything's all right
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door
Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high
As that ivory tower
That you're livin' in

'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places ;)

phuloi
05-31-2002, 08:53 PM
I told you I was fickled..:D

Arrow
05-31-2002, 09:06 PM
you are!!! Hey I could handle Diana but Andy is just way to cute!! :)

frisco-kid
06-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Congratulations, Bro. Anyone that gets over on these people has my respect. I went round and round with them years ago. What a lesson in futility. They try to wear you down, and hope you'll go away. I'm sure most people do. Glad you hung in there, Bud. By the way, I finally prevailed, also.

P.S. Don't you owe me money :D ?

Packo
06-01-2002, 04:40 AM
What a great feeling to know that they couldn't keep you from what you earned. This was no gift! Funny, the system will give Alcoholics and Drug Addicts SS with minimal problems, but Vets with PTSD or other combat related ailments.......4 years of pain and suffering.

I will never understand it.....well, maybe I don't want to. Way to go buddy!!!!

Packo

1CAVCCO15MED
06-01-2002, 04:52 AM
I'm going to change my complaint to Pepsi and chewing tobacco addict. BTW, congradulations, Griz.

Arrow
06-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Hey Doc I am going to try to make it to TN before the summer is out to see my niece and her kids. Maybe for a few days in August. Are you going to be around this summer? LT said maybe him and Frank could come up on their bikes. Let me know and we can make some plans. I hate to see another year get away from us before we all see each other. I would like to drive but I don't know if I will have the time. I wanted to stop in Memphis and see Larry and his wife. If I remember right he just lives a few miles from the Cracker Barrel on the east side of Memphis. You know what I would like to do is sell all this stuff that is collecting dust and get an RV and truck. I could spend winters in the South and summers in the NW. What a life that would be! There I go again day dreamin...

Gimpy
06-01-2002, 10:50 AM
I'm very happy for you and Katie.

phuloi
06-01-2002, 11:47 AM
Gimpy had it right...Kati.This,along with the VA will see her through a fine education.It`s all for her

DMZ-LT
06-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Right on sis, . Thank you

1CAVCCO15MED
06-03-2002, 11:47 AM
I think I am going to be gone the first week in August but should be home or around here somewhere the rest of the month.

Andy
06-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Remember, you got some place to be on the weekend of July 12th. Right???????

Stay healthy,
Andy

MORTARDUDE
06-03-2002, 07:46 PM
We would love to see you in August if you come by this way. Email me at LarryN1121@aol.com when you know your plans. My wife and I would like to take you down to Beale Street for some BBQ'ed Ribs ( wet or dry ), some real down home blues, and an adult beverage(s) of your choice. Take care !

Larry

MORTARDUDE
06-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Good for you !! May the Lord Bless you and your family real good !

Arrow
06-04-2002, 04:08 AM
I guess we better not plan on August I made a doc appt which is in that first week. I need some test ran so guess we will just wait and see...God Bless you guys..