PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Tom

sn-e3
06-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Paco congratulations on being selected VOM for June it is a great Honor to have you with us on the site. Your wit and humor gets us past some pretty bad stuff. I liked the way you kept your answers light but at the same time you told us alot about yourself. Its amazing how one can compress a whole life into a few brief statements. above all else you my friend are a friend of the veterans thank you your friend chris

phuloi
06-02-2002, 04:22 PM
One question that has been a constant with me since hooking up with VA,and more importantly DVA for treatment of PTSD,has been "How do these guys do this day after day?" After serving in combat and enduring all that you did,to devote your life to helping pehaps less fortunate veterans is,my friend,the nobelist of endeavors.I,and many others stand deeply in gratitude,and say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.God will continue to bless you

Gimpy
06-02-2002, 05:35 PM
A true Southern Patriot and Son of the Confederacy gets the recognition he so richly deserves!

Damn boy, you orta take that show on the road with all them thare "one-liners" you got.

Korngratulations!

Oh BTW, I'll-a be takin "donations" fer tha "SGTWFTKAITHOCATWH" Fund (that's shorthand for--Send Gimpy To Washington Fer Ta Kick A$$ In Tha Halls Of Congress And Tha White House) and sincest YOU have started this "grass-roots" movement, I'll be X-spectin a LARGE donation frum you. S'pecially sincest you are now a "famous" celebrity with yo name in "lights" an all!

PS---What Griz said too! He "talks" a little better than I do.

DMZ-LT
06-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Thank you. Welcome home , brother.

DMZ-LT
06-02-2002, 06:52 PM
I AM AN AMERICAN !! THANK YOU,

Keith_Hixson
06-02-2002, 07:29 PM
A good man to be honored! I have appreciated your thoughts and wisdom over the past several years. Got a little emotion with Ronnie at times but a good guy in spite of it..

Keith

P.S. Can you trust a guy with dark sun glasses.?

MARINEVET
06-02-2002, 08:07 PM
snowed the folks running this "new" site...they must not know about the other three ya been chased from!!!! ;o)

Could NOT have made a better selection for Grand Pubahh of the Month, Tom...very proud of you for all that you've done and all you continue to do for all your Brothers and Sisters!

Haven't had much time to come up on this or other sites as of late...heck, what with my bid for Sheriff of Onslow County, I'm even somewhat remiss in my duties w/re to keeping the MilVet/MilRet List going...but life IS good, and I'm sure lookin' forward to the next time we get together for some golf...sooooo...keep gettin' better'n'better, and let's get out there so I can win back some of my hard-earned jing...!!!

Best to you and Deb...and...Semper Fi you ol' Airborne Sojer, you!!!

SEATJERKER
06-03-2002, 06:47 AM
...Ops...
...took a look aver the weekend, and what pops up , but another one that jumps out of airplanes again...
...how many of you guys are out there,...
...and out of respect, i mentioned it a while back, maybe on the other site, I recaption it...
...The only time when I was growing up that I ever saw my Father punch some one was back in 69, i guess,...
... we had this airplane meet at the old Troy airport, and we were all standing around watching, my father, and this guy were "jawing" when out of the blue, my Father turns, and cold cocks this guy, and down he goes...
... my father comes back, and grumbles something to my mother, and I took a few seconds to ask what was going on, and my mother says "He said a bad words to your dad", and after pestering her for another few seconds of "?what did he say?".,. she replied "What falls from the sky", and I couldn't make heads or tails of it...
...The rest of the truth came out later as she finished off the statement with...
..."?What falls from the sky?",,,"birdshit, and Airborne" she whispered...
...Only time I ever saw him get that mad, ...

So Tom,...
...Congratulations on VTM...,
...We know you earned it,...

... and I'll always hold you idiots in the highest regard
...:D :D :D...
..."C"...

Seascamp
06-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Congratulations Packo. Good recognition to a good man.

Fair seas, Bill

1CAVCCO15MED
06-03-2002, 09:46 AM
Great choice in selecting Tom. Tom, you have been one of my main pillars getting through this retirement and disability through the VA. I don't know where I would be without you. Besides, I won't have to get new tires this fall thanks to that great tip on, what do you call it, rotating tires?

Andy
06-03-2002, 07:45 PM
Tonight I notice you are the VMO. Tonight the Red Sox loose to Detroit, Coincidence? Right now the Packies and Indians are about to make us all duck and cover, Coincidence? Mrs. Jankowski from Grant St. has a black lab. Today it gave birth to 4 puppies and a kitten, Coincidence? Today my wife had a drink and I didn't, COINCIDENCE?

Keith is this one of the seven signs in the Book of Revelation? Are we in the End Time? Is there time to rotate all four tires? I've got to listen to the Doors singing, This Is The End.

Congras Tommie, I'll buy you a drink.

Stay healthy,
Andy

MORTARDUDE
06-03-2002, 07:58 PM
From one 'ol Southern boy to another Congratulations for an honor well deserved !! Take care.

Larry

catena
06-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Congrats.. Your are one of the best... I have talked to you alot..
When i first came to the old site you are one of first ones to welcome me with open arms..
You helped me throw alot of rough times in my life..You mean alot to me and I think of you as a good friend someone i can always talk to... Thanks again..
Love Ya,
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

Packo
06-05-2002, 05:21 AM
to thank all who have so kindly responded. It is truly a pleasure and an honor just to be one of the "guys" on this site. It is a double honor to have been picked as VOM.

As Groucho Marx once said, "Why would I want to be a member of any club that would take me as a member."

Guess ya'll are really just as crazy as I am.

Thanks so much!

Packo

Drywall
06-05-2002, 08:17 AM
on your selection as VOM. I have one question though. When I rotate should I replace the winter air with summer air?:)

frisco-kid
06-05-2002, 08:48 PM
I was kinda hangin' back for afew days, just in case they changed their mind:D . I guess it's safe now, so CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm guessing that no one found out that you worked at Al Gore's campaign headquarters :D :D .

Tom and I go back a couple years now, to the old site. He was already there when I showed up. I took an immediate liking to him, based on his quick wit and obvious concern for other vets' well being. We "talked" often on the forum, and had a mutual respect common between paratroopers, and for where each other had been as vets and in life. Tom and I talk often by phone, and I always come away feeling like I had a good time with a good friend. He is as good a listener as he is a talker, and has helped me out with a couple issues that were bothering me. I value his opinions. I also greatly value his friendship. You made a great choice in your decision for this months VOM. Congrats again, my friend.

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY, BRO!!!