PDA

View Full Version : Cold War Certificates...

11echo
06-05-2002, 03:41 PM
I've heard about the certificated you were talking about. I got this site from the 3rd Armored Div. wed site, you might try it and see what you come up with. GOOD LUCK!

http://coldwar.army.mil/

Tamaroa
07-05-2002, 09:52 PM
If you want it apply now. It is a 6 month to one year wait. It took 10 months for mine to arrive.

BillD.

delta1/28
07-18-2002, 06:59 PM
I received mine several months ago & had it framed along with some patches, photographs, decorations, and a chunk of the Berlin Wall. It looks pretty nice hanging on the wall in my study.

Tamaroa
07-19-2002, 05:15 AM
What happened to the NDSM thread?

There is a Cold War commerative medal as well. It is not recognized by the military, but you can wear it on military patriotic occasions. I bought one because I thought it would go well with the Cold War certificate. When I finally get around to framing the certificate, I may include the medal in it some how. Though I must admit to not having any artistic abilities vis-avis arrangements of these sort of things. Beside which I don't have a whole lot of stuff to display in a shadow box arrangement.

Putting my stuff in a shadow box would be kind of silly. Lets see, an NDSM, a CG good conduct medal, a 3rd Class DC crow a third class pin, an honor guard patch. My three unit patches. a shrunken version of my boot camp grad photo (which is in the membership gallery, I'm the guy with the cool hat).

Thats about it. Plus a lot of blood and sweat, mostly sweat. :-)

Bill