PDA

View Full Version : Andy needs our help! NOW!

Gimpy
06-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Alright guys & gals. It's time to "circle the wagons" for Andy. Go check out his post on the "veterans benefits" forum and see what the VA has done "for" him!

I've asked him to give me (us) his local newspapers & TV stations name(s) and addresses so we can start a writing and telephone "campaign" to reinstate his disability compensation that those SOB's have so wrongly disallowed him.

It's damn well time to get off our collective and individual a$$e$ and do SOMETHING besides just "bitching" about how the VA treats ALL our brothers & sisters---in this case ESPECIALLY.

They have SCREWED with us long enough!

Get EVERYONE you can to start CALLING & WRITING!

Wives, sons, daughters, all your relatives all the friends and associates you can get to have this injustice corrected! If you have to---YOU write their letters and just have THEM sign and date it and YOU pay for the postage!

Andy,

Tell all them "Yankee" reporters to watch out for a "REBEL RAIDING PARTY" heading your way.

The "SOUTHS GONNA RISE AGAIN"!!!!!!!!!

Arrow
06-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Well Gimpy I see you're out here walkin' point again..I guess the rest of them must be hung up in "wait a minute" vines. CPU fired up and the keyboard is hot but no place to go without more info and permission to fire from the man in charge. Andy where are you? sis

JPWatson
06-18-2002, 11:31 PM
HELP !!!!! ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!!!

SEMPER FI !!! Jimmy:mad:

Packo
06-19-2002, 05:38 AM
I'm ready, willin', and able........just waitin' on them addressess!

Like I said in my interview, we need to unlease the Gimp on these perverts when your off your meds! I still want to wait on that self-immulation thing.

LET'S ROLL!

Come on Andy, addresses!

Packy

SuperScout
06-19-2002, 05:43 AM
Andy 6, this is Romeo 6:
Send needed info now.
We're locked and loaded, Mod 50's double cocked.
Scouts Out!!

DMZ-LT
06-19-2002, 07:33 AM
... and if you are wounded I will come for you.

xgrunt
06-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Bro. You know I have alot of time on my hands and I'll damn well use it to flood anyone I can with mail that could help you in any way . Give up the addresses and let's get to work.:D :D :cool:

Keith_Hixson
06-19-2002, 08:15 AM
If you could organize:

All the data for a mail in campaign.
New Media: TV, Papers, etc.

Politicial: Senators Addresses, Congressman's Address,
Various VA authority Addresses.

If we all send a letter it will get someone's attention. The
government doesn't like negative attention.
Elected officials like to intervene and look like heroes.

Keith

SEATJERKER
06-19-2002, 08:39 AM
...,not one case at a time...
...we've all known each other now for 3 odd years or better for some, and this is how to start the ball rolling on something special....
...by banding together across the Nation here in cyberworld, we have formed a group that when letters start flying in, they will take notice...
...A lot of you helped me through my situation, and now it's time to use our flying fingers where it counts...
... the letters will have to be formatted together for being "correct" in declaration of supporting statements of "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING"( JUST KIDDING)...
......Do we nominate anyone to put it together like "petition on line", or individual letters "approved" by Tom, just throwing out ideas....?

Stick
06-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Trying to find it in any of his profiles but all he list is a home state of Mass. both here and at Vets.com. If we knew a home town and address it would be a simple matter of finding out who his Congressmen are and we have a whole bunch of combat vets. ready to go back to combat for one of our brothers.

Packo
06-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Springfield, Mass.

Hope that helps.

Packo

Andy
06-19-2002, 01:37 PM
I just made a long post on the Vets Benefits thread with the addresses of the two news papers I'm dealing with now.

Have not hear back from Kennedy (in a twisted way I'm almost not disappointed).
Sen. Kerry's office gave me the names of two heavy hitters who deal with problems at the VA.
Member of the House John Olver's assistant told me she would call the VA today and get back to me by Friday.
I got their e-mails and phone numbers off the internet, Senators/House of Rep's.

The newspaper interview went well. The report's dad was with the 4th Division in RVN. He's very interested in calling the VA to ask if there is a statute or policy for revoking benefits for people with incurable diseases which the VA admits responsibility for. It does seem a fire is being lit.

Thanks for your concern. I started that post on another thread just to get some ideas, wasn't looking for any action. Wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't damn mad about being lied to. After a previous good experience with the VA, I just didn't expect this.

Paco, I love you dude but I don't live in Springfield or Southampton or South anywhere. It's Easthampton Mass.
On the banks of the Connecticut River, where all the colleges are.
Remember, this is where waist band was invented. All you people wearing underwear that doesn't have a draw string, you can thank us. Any of you guys who visit Easthampton, remind me to show you the three houses that were used as part of the "underground railroad" and the large Civil War exhibit at the library. We also have 3 private all women's colleges within 10 miles, now that should be easy to remember.
Stay healthy, thanks again,
Andy
PS: Also contacted Sen Hutchinson from Texas. She's the Chair of the senate Vet Affairs committee. Told her I wasn't from Texas, but would be if necessary.

phuloi
06-19-2002, 01:39 PM
The town is Easthampton.I`m composing a letter to Sen.Patty Murray,D(ouch)Wa.,who is a member of the Senate Veterans Arrairs Comittee.She has been responsive in past engagements.I will post it with her mailing and e-mail address if anyone would care to send a copy.

phuloi
06-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Sorry the letter head broke up a bit,but all the numbers are there.I e-mailed,faxed,and snail mailed.Snail mail takes a couple weeks now cause of the asshole that sent the anthrax after 9/11,but I think it`s more effective.Hang tough,Andy.Bros,Griz

June 19, 2002

Senator Patty Murray 173 Russell Senate Office Building Washington,D.C.20510 Phone:(202)224-2621 Fax:(202)224-0238 e-mail:senator-murray@murray.senate.gov

Dear Senator Murray

It has recently come to my attention that a fellow disabled Vietnam Veteran,Tom Andryczyk of Easthampton,Massachusetts,has received some very alarming and disturbing news from the Veterans Administration (VA) regarding his disability. A rating of 100% disabled had been awarded Mr.Andryczyk for service-connected Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma,which VA has been treating.Suddenly,with one swipe of the unseemly,beaurocratic pen, Mr.Andryczyk`s benefits have been cut to a mere 30%.This,Senator Murray,is simply not acceptable.Please assure me,as I am well aware of your advocacy for veteran`s concerns,that this travesty will be halted forthwith.As the daughter of a disabled veteran seated on the Veteran's Affairs Committee hope that you will not allow this matter to go unchallenged.Please be also mindful of the fact that as this injustice carries forth,the stress generated on my friend and brother,Tom,will likely vault his cancer out of remission.Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,

Keith_Hixson
06-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Isn't Easthampton a northern suburb of Springfield?

Keith:D :p :D

Gimpy
06-19-2002, 08:39 PM
The letter below will be sent by "snail-mail" to this newspaper and the Daily Hampshire Gazette in the A.M. 20 June, 2002.

Also, same/same (with some slight changes) to Senators Kerry & Kennedy along with Congressman Olver AND my Congressman here in Florida, Mike Biliarakus.

I still think you should get your local TV stations involved as well.

God Bless & God speed your reinstatement my friend!

***START***

The Springfield Union
PO: Box 2350
Springfield, Ma. 01102

I am writing this letter with the hopes that you will see fit to help correct an injustice currently being committed against a good friend of mine and a former police officer and military veteran who has had the misfortune of contracting a life-threatening disease, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma while in the service of his country. Tom Andryczyk of Easthampton, Massachusetts was exposed to the defoliating herbicide known as Agent Orange while serving with the 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam during his tour of duty in 1967. He has been awarded a 100% permanent & total disability rating for this disease and is currently still receiving medical treatment and medications from a Department of Veterans Affairs medical facillity in your area. He recently became aware that his disability compensation will be "reduced" to a rating of only 30% disabling. I simply cannot understand HOW this could be considered an appropriate determination for someone who is STILL BEING TREATED for a life-threatening illness? Tom has contacted both Senator Kennedy and Senator Kerry as well as his Congressman, John W. Olver for assistance in this matter. (As yet nothing has been done to rectify the matter). I have also contacted these gentlemen to offer my complete disgust and total condemnation of a Federal system (the Department of Veterans Affairs) that shows nothing but disdain and disregard for the very people who have shed blood and endured undue pain & suffering so that THEY may continue their employment!! If not for Tom and untold thousands like him, these folks would not be afforded the Liberty and Freedom they enjoy while making these decisions!

In early May 1989, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in Nehmer, et al. v. U.S. Veterans Administration, et. al. invalidated a portion of VA regulations concerning the handling of Agent Orange disability compensation claims.
The Court concluded that in the process of deciding which diseases would be recognized as being caused by Agent Orange, VA used a too demanding standard. Rather than using the cause-and-effect standard, the Court indicated that VA should have recognized any disease for which the scientific evidence shows there is a "significant statistical association" with exposure to dioxin.
The Court also ruled that, in determining whether particular diseases should be recognized, VA should have applied the "reasonable doubt" standard used when weighing evidence in individual claims. This long-standing VA rule of claims adjudication provides that if the weight of evidence tending to support a claim is in approximate balance with that tending to oppose it, the benefit of doubt goes to the claimant (that is, the veteran or dependent).
Shortly after the Court ruling was issued, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Derwinski announced that VA would not seek appeal of the decision and ordered a prompt revision of the regulations. This involved establishing criteria for determining when a significant statistical association exists and review of scientific and medical studies using the new criteria.
The proposed regulation changes establishing criteria were published in the Federal Register for public comment. (See 54 Fed. Reg. 30099, July 18, 1989). The proposed changes were modified in response to comments received. In October 1989, the final regulation changes were published in the Federal Register. (See 54 Fed. Reg. 40389, October 2, 1989). Final changes concerning determinations as to particular diseases have also been published. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is one of these diseases!
It remains to me completely unbelievable that a system designed to HELP sick & disabled veterans can be so ruthlessly cruel and uncaring for those that have served their country honorably. God help the military men and women now in "harms way" while serving our country in this latest conflict. If they were to become aware of what awaits them after "Operation Enduring Freedom" they may NOT be so gung-ho to offer up THEIR blood and suffering, huh??

Respectfully,

Thomas S.(Steve) Johnson
Tampa, Fl.

***END***

sfc_darrel
06-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Your letter was great and Patty Murray is from Washington State so I emailed using yours as a base.

The email got returned for a minor problem. Correct address is

senator_murray@murray.senate.gov

that's an underline between senator and murray

Andy
06-20-2002, 05:16 AM
Just woke up to go to a Chemo treatment and I'm a little late but I have to do some corrections.
My last name is ANDRZEJCZYK - spelled just like it's pronounced - if you live in Warsaw.
They knocked me me down to 40% not 30%. If I said 30%, I'm sorry, a type-o.
I received received 100% in 1999, retroactive for two years but it was not "permanent". I called the DAV and ask why. They told me it wasn't important because I was getting the 100% cancer, so it was a no brainer. I was a babe in the woods and believed the people I spoke to.

My wife is upset because I'll be late for my "soup".

Stay healthy guys,
Andy
PS: Gimp I will get back to you but I am late.

Gimpy
06-20-2002, 06:05 AM
I made the changes before mailing. ANDRZEJCZYK, 40% instead of 30%, and 100% totally disabled instead of "permanent & total"----lookee heanh, dang-nab-it---I have a hard time with just TWO syllable words much less something that's spelled like your name!

Why cain't you yankee fellers change yo names ta sumthing like BUBBA GUMP---or LEROY JONES or ALVIN SMITH or sumthin EASY anyways!

No damn wonder y'all has such a hard time gettin thangs dun through tha mail! Evabody must thank y'all ere sum kinda aliens ere sumthin.

HAR--HAR!

Anyway, I'm-a mailing these letters in a few minutes.

Shore hope it helps old friend.

PS---there'll be MORE coming from a lot of other folks on my "list". we gonna "flood" them rascally, devils with so much ta read they ain't gonna know whut hittum.

Good luck!

Packo
06-20-2002, 06:09 AM
I know your in Easthampton, just didn't know that every suburb in Mass has their own newspaper. I am going to contact some of my SC reps, yep even Fritz, and Rockafella from West (by God) Virginia. He is big on Vets affairs. I would contact Sen. Byrd, but all he would do for you is to move some Federal Agency to Easthampton, Mass. He wouldn't understand that you can't work, but at least there would be jobs for everyone else. Of course you'd have to name a bridge over the Conn river after him.

Will get rollin' with letters to editors and reps. Hang in there, and away we go!

Airborne!

Packo

PS Damn Gimpy can you write a letter! Way to go my web footed bro!

Seascamp
06-20-2002, 06:50 AM
Main battery salvo out. Provide additional coordinates, over.

Panama out.

Dear Senator Murray,

Apparently there has been an oversight that needs your attention. Your Constituent, Mr. Tom Andryczyk, has had his VA compensated disability cut from 100% to 30% and this is both unfortunate and places your constituent at unnecessary risk. An examination of the record will indicate that a mistake has been made that needs to be corrected. The highlights of the record include decorated and honorable service with the 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam and career service as a Police Officer to his community. With this as background, and an examination of the medical issues at hand you will find the situation very compelling and in need of positive action on your part. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

SEATJERKER
06-20-2002, 08:42 AM
The Springfield Union
PO Box 2350
Springfield Ma. 01102

As a secondary enclosure,

I would like to add my own personal comments to the one of the many letters you, and many others of the media will be receiving regarding Tom Andrzejczyk.,

In these trying times in our Nation, the finest Nation in the world, It is abominable that a man with such a history of serving our country should be treated in this manner. The fact that Mr. Andrzejczyk put his life on the line many years ago in a far distant land by the calling our of Nation to serve honorably only, to be struck with the malady of CANCER DUE TO THE SPRAYING OF AGENT ORANGE, AND NOW TO BE SHUNNED BY THOSE WHO SHOULD HAVE STOOD BY HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE IS UNACCEPTABLE?

I as a representative of a NY Chapter #38 of the DAV, your western sister state take great pride in being able to call this man my friend, and will support him, and the actions of many, in this quest to correct this injustice, and to further protect the constitutional rights of this fine citizen, and former police officer.

I will be contacting every state leader in the NY DAV, and every one of our elected political leaders in the state from the Governor on down regarding this matter at the statewide convention on June 23rd. through the 26th here in NY, and the voices of the Veterans will be heard loud , and clear?

I expect nothing less from the people, and the state of Massachusetts to fully support this man for he has supported you in his service to his country, and his service to his community.

I will be e-mailing my State leaders to review the practices of the Veterans Administration of the Bosten area to make sure this is only an isolated incident, and that this mistake is corrected in a very timely manner.

Let it be known that Mr. Andrzejczyk has many friends, and relatives that stretch beyond the borders of Massachusetts into New York, and the voting constituents in New York have reaching power into
your state, and should we not see action from the political leaders of Massachusetts, and the Boston Veterans Administration in clearing up this injustice, you will see action in the upcoming elections that reach from our side to yours.

William C. Giles
Service Officer.
Chapter # 38 Troy N.Y. 12180

Keith_Hixson
06-20-2002, 08:51 AM
The Washington Group is behind you Andy. We are pumping it out.

We are bound to get some action.

Keith

Gimpy
06-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Addresses and E-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. to send letters out for Andys' reinstatement of his 100% disability rating.

John W. Olver
Massachusetts-1st, Democrat
1027 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515-2101
Phone:(202)225-5335

Senator Edward M. Kennedy
315 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
202/224-4543

2400 JFK Building
Boston, MA 02203
617/565-3170
E-mail site= http://kennedy.senate.gov/contact.html
Senator John Kerry
304 Russell Bldg.
Third Floor
Washington, D.C, 20510
Phone= (202)224-2742
FAX = (202) 224-8525
E-mail = john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov
Senator John Rockefeller
Chairman/Senate Veterans Affairs Comm.
Washington, D.C.
531 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-6472
(202) 224-7665 (fax)
E-mail = senator@rockefeller.senate.gov
Congressman Christopher H. Smith--New Jersey
Chairman,
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
335 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

or call:

(202) 225-3527
Daily Hampshire Gazette
PO. Box 277
Northampton, MA. 01061

The Springfield Union
PO. Box 2350
Springfield, MA. 01102

If any of you have Senators or Congressman on either the Senate or House veterans affairs committes from your home state MAKE SURE you send them a letter and an E-mail about Andys' situation.

Get the word out folks---Thanks,

sn-e3
06-20-2002, 04:53 PM
As a polock myself i must appoligize because i miss spelled your name in my letter to senator murray who is our senator from washington state she is also on the veteran commitee so i wrote the whole story for her told her to jump on teddy too. I hope all the letters help pal you don't need the extra stress at this time in treatment. hope you feel better soon your friend chris

DMZ-LT
06-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Wow , Gimp thanks, even my old a$$ can move on that info, . Sounds like what we used to call a pile on operation - how ever many platoons it takes to kick ass . Keep movin , bro's. Welcome home.

Andy
06-20-2002, 06:29 PM
I had no idea one angry post would generate this kind of response. I thank all of you straight from my heart.

When I was coming out of the daze from today's treatments I had an idea. Sent a letter to the regional director of the VA asking 10 questions, such as, "What writen policy does your office have with regard to reducing a veteran from 100% to 0% when the claim at issue is incurable cancer?" "Exactly who determines that a terminal illness isn't serious enough to provide benefits to a veteran?" Then sent a copy off to the Senators and a few congressmen. Ended the letter to the VA dude with, "I've notify Sen. X, Rep. Y regarding my situation. As soon as I receive your response, I'll pass the news on to them". Don't know if it will work but what the hell.

Gimp: Your amazing, thank you a whole lot. I do have to mention one thing. I've got a Polish cousin named Lis. So there are some short Polish names. Of course at family gatherings We call him Brain, as in Brain Lis. Maybe it's just a Northern thing.

One last thing. We like to think Springfield is a suburb of Easthampton, not the other way around.

Stay healthy, thanks,
Andy

sfc_darrel
06-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Excellent form for that letter.

Used to be when I got serious about climbing authority I'd write a list bottom person on the top. When I got a meeting with that person I'd open the notebook and draw a line through their name making sure that they saw the entire chain. Usually didn't have to go far down (up) when they knew where the next stop was and how far I was willing to go.

You are very welcome.

We take care of each other. No one else will.

Joy

SeaSoldier
06-21-2002, 06:14 AM
I fought these low life?s for thirty years trying to make them understand that gunshot wounds received in Vietnam are service connected.

You've got a great buch of friends working for you.

My letters are in the mail and email is on the way.

Hang in there Bro,

Semper Fi,
Steve

ArtySgt
06-21-2002, 03:35 PM
Got off one letter and working on another.

SEATJERKER
06-21-2002, 08:06 PM
...with the new, and improved formula designed by none other then the Gimpster, Champean of the fightin men, even I is able to cut, and paste with the greatest of ease to all those nice e-mail addresses he put up... so on with the show...
...Round 2 to us....ding... ding

1CAVCCO15MED
06-23-2002, 10:47 PM
I have been out of town and am late to the fray. I will send letters. Those sorry SOB's can't get away with this.

Packo
06-24-2002, 05:35 AM
to Sen. Jay Rockefellar who is the head of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. Got a reply back that he only answer's constituents due to him being so busy. I replied that since my mother lives in WVa, and she is the wife of a deceased WWII vet and the mother of 2 Vietnam Vets, she has a direct interest in this case. I asked him to respond to me, care of her and gave her WVa address. Lets see if this works.

Will be fireing off to Linsey Grahm, Fritz" Foghorn Leghorn" Hollings, and Strom's office today.

If any of this works, I would love to see the look on those VARO bastards faces when they start getting inquires from Congress people from all over America.

Forward Men! (and ladies)

Packo

Andy
06-24-2002, 09:20 AM
Got a phone call from an aid to Sen. Kerry. He said this had to be a screw up, I agreed. He gave me the phone numbers of two heavy hitters inside the system and suggested I call. They're both at a seminar in Marblehead, a lovely little town on the coast with great hotel bars - been there for seminars myslef. I'll contact them when their back in their offices and sober.

My Rep a guy named Olver has a sweet sounding young lady who called. She said this situation was insane and would get on it. Told her about the newspaper intervew and said I'd make a point of telling the paper how caring Olver and his staff are When things were cleared up.

Still waiting on a whole lot of other e-mails.
Hope no one things I'm all depressed about this. I know I'm going to win. This whole thing just makes me mad as hell and made me really want to fight. If I was healthier I'd be in Boston with my hands on someone neck. (No not in the Combat Zone. Hands might be a little lower, if I were there.)

Stay healthy and thanks again everyone,
Andy

Packo
06-24-2002, 12:15 PM
That's the thing, anger and frustration. I think all of us are confident that you are going to easily get back your rating, it's just the shit they put you through, and the hoops they make you jump through, just to get what you have earned back. It's frigging disgusting. I just hope you get it back before Doc, Shirley, Deb and I get there so we can help you spend all that back money!

Been to the Combat Zone, interesting place. Same same "the Block" in Baltimore.

Packo

Keith_Hixson
06-24-2002, 04:58 PM
Did you say money.
I thought all this was done for justice. If money is involved I demand a report on the party.
Andy,
Just a little quote, "Vengenance is mine thus saith the Lord." No violence:D

Keith

Jawga Boy
06-25-2002, 04:57 PM
It's me, the Gimp.

I'm up in Atlanta visiting with my Sons' family cause my grandson had to undergo eye surgery. I had to sign up using a "new" handle because I forgot my password and all that other crap you're suposed to remember to log from different locations. What-tha-hell, I got a serious case of CRS anyway, ya know? Just checkin on your progress with Senator Kerry and Congressman Olver---sounds like they've got things working in the right direction. I'm with Packo on this one though, seems like those jerks at the VA go OUT OF THEIR WAY to make our lives as miserable as they can and it makes ME mad as hell because it takes them FOREVER to straighten out a screw up. Keep us posted on how they handle your situation cause we can STILL come up there and KICK some Federal BUTTS if that's what it takes!

Later,

Gimp

fnaWife2AFVV
06-25-2002, 06:51 PM
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=823000#post823000

It's in an existing thread inquiring what Glocktalk members are V-Vets. RKBA people are frequent letter writers, and every little bit helps, right?
m

Andy
07-03-2002, 01:34 PM
First, I'd like to thank all of you again for your words and thoughts both written and spoken.

It appears that my case has been resolved kind of, sort of, probably. I'm a little confused.

A very thick letter from a very thick person at the VA arrived today. My cancer is listed as 100% disabling but temporary. They will want to have me examined again 6 months after the current treatments are done.

HOWEVER, because I have incurable cancer, I will always have the residual effects which means (to them) that I'm unemployable thus, permanently and totally disabled. Temporary 100% for cancer should normally be 40% but because of the cancer permanent 100%. Hello?

Doesn't this sound the begining of a skit by George Carlin? Guess I'm happy and matters have been cleared up? But I sure hope someone(s) at the VA cuts back on their medications.
Thanks again to everyone.

Stay healthy,
Andy

1CAVCCO15MED
07-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I know exactly what they are talking about. Vietnam messed up my brain but the VA finished it. Congrats.

phuloi
07-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Got the VA whipped,now lets get after that damn cancer!Kati and I will continue to pray.

Gimpy
07-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Now you can understand WHY some of us need treatment for "anger management" due to our dealings with the VA, huh?

They've even got a whole new clinical distinction (name) for one of the "diseases" created by these JERKS---It's called VAIPTSD! (Veterans Administration Induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).

Like Griz said----one down---and ONE to go! We'll all be prayin for ya mah "Yankee" frand!

DMZ-LT
07-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Sad we gotta fight the folks that are supossed to help us.

frisco-kid
07-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Will give you a call this weekend, Bud. Don't they owe you, some backpay? Don't you owe me money:D ?

sn-e3
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
the Guinness stout will be flowing tonight send all your bar tabs to my wealty friend Andy. I only took the V.A. three days to relize they can't mess with the V.O.M. way to go Tom I'll send my thanks for help message to senator murray who know which skream was heard but someone got the message well done by all:rolleyes:

Arrow
07-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Andy: Take T&P no matter how they give it to you. Take it and run like hell, but don't forget to have the letter put on microfiche, hole punched, and put on the chain with your St Chris medal. This is your insurance against "Gee we lost the file." Perseverances pays off and God Answers Prayers. Now go to work and get that Social Security!

Doc: I must be as sick as you are I understood the letter too. Course I have almost gone blind readin' the VA mumbo jumbo over the years.

1CAVCCO15MED
07-04-2002, 08:25 AM
I am actually still 70% disabled for PTSD. Unemployability is what makes me total and permanent. Total and premanent is total and permanent, the rest of the gibberish doesn't mean anything. If you are total and permanent you automaticly qualify for Social Security and Medicare. I got my Medicare codger card last week. You are also considered retired military for all practical purposes. I now have a military ID and have PX and Commisary privileges as does your wife. She gets ChampVa health insurance as well. The trick is once you get T&P just lay low and don't try to change the percentages. If you do it opens your application to complete review. You know what that means. There are quite a few more benefits to T&P than I have stated here. Hope you get it. Stout is much cheaper at the Commissary. Heh Heh.

QuangTri-FO
07-06-2002, 08:47 AM
JULY2002

Hello Gimpy,

Name here is Carl. I'm just now gettimg to check my
mail... My inboxes(12) are maxed out ! so it will be a bit
befor I get caught up....

My son Lee as to be home for the 4th of July so he
had sent his son Devin on up here to Indiana....( am a Reb
living in the middle of them yankees) But Lee's leave was
cancelled for orders for Kashmir... So we (Amy, Devin and
me) made a trip to Savannah...HAAF(Hunter Army Air Field)
/ Fort Stewart .....they are now on a 2 hr ....can't go more
than two hours from HAAF and have to leave a telephone
number.
Gimpy....(?) It sounds like we may have several things
in common .... My greats were in VA, TN ...and cousins in
AL, GA, MISS, TX and MO when the War of Northern Agression
came. ....am a Camp-2(Life mbr ) of SCV....thru
HQ Camp 584 at Columbia, TN .....
My direct line had moved from VA to TN in the 1840(s)
( they (Enoch ...had got land grants south of the Cumberland
Gap...and had went back and forth) moved most of his family
from Russell/Washing County VA to Claiborne County TNN
in 1848. also several cousins...brother....
Most went back to VA to enlist when the war came....
My grandfather and three of his brothers then in the early
1900s started comming to Indiana to do Farm work and
return to TNN the rest of the year. Then they found that they
could rent land ...so moved here(NW IND ...White County
and Tippycanoe County) Then thru my early teens it went
the other way.... I went to school here and we spent the
summers in the South.... Mostly Tennessee ...but also Texas
a lot and some in the other stated.
Most of those that i knew on Dad's side have passed on
and those of his mothers line ( Huffstutler) ar thinning out
....all the ones that taught me about the socalled Civil War
...and family...their all gone. Uncle Charlie(Grt Uncle)
....he would take us allover showing us where this one and
that one lived....who fought where...etc.....
My favorite place to think of him is on old Lookout Mt at
Chattanooga... It was the first menory that I have of him
giving me history. We had been there enjoyong the view,
and he called me to him.... "Come here" he lifted me to his
shoulder and pointed to a small town West of the mountian,
" There see those houses way over there?" "...Now look
from them down to the base of the mountian...right down
(pointing with his finger) there ...right there is were Your Uncle
William Wesly lived... He was a Huffstuttler....But he was
part of your family too." "Never forget that...."
Charlie walked me around that mountian top and pointed
were other family(Moore(s) had lived.... Who fough where..
...and who had been there, and others that had been sent elsewere....
....that William (Huffstuttler) and Erasmus(moore were on
a gun crew(12#) "...Not these cannon( pointing to the pair at
Point Park on Lookout Mt) ...But on one just like these."
Godbless ole Charlie, his sister(my grandmother) and thier
families... and the few Moore(s) that still lived(that I knew)
....I couldn't have been overthe age of four when they started
telling me history.
When ever I get a chance to visit the little cemeterys
where they rest.... I go visit them ...and hope they know that
I DID NOT FORGET...and I remember them too(miss them a
lot) I suppose that ity may seem silly but there at thier
graves...I talk aloud to them "...Charlie...Thank You....I do
remember...and I remember you too...my son knows of all you
spoke... ...and his son too are told all of which you said,
"Remember....Never Forget"
Well Gimpy... When the Shit hits the fan ...and you
see a fellow running infrount of a mob.... it could be me
comming home to join the battleline.
The First Nat'l and 3rd Nat'l fly just about smack dab in
the middle of this little Yankee town( Wolcott, IN)
....With the 3rdNat'l and Battle flage on a pole just about
10' from the mainstreet(US-24)
........G-I-M-P-Y ...???? Bad leg??? My left is off just above
the knee, Just got a new one fom the VA.....
....the new leg sure made walking easier last week in
Tennessee and Georgia .....weather in savannah was pretty
nice... not really too humid .... ...
Well Gimpy.... its sure good to see that a lot of us are
proudly claiming our heritage on line ....
.....If you haven't already been there
http://www.scv.org ( Sons of Confederate Veterans)
...there is a great number of links that you will like... other
camps.... History ....if you haven't been there ...look around
....besides the regular history links...a lot of the Camps that
are on line ..have built really good info/history pages/sites/
Well as I said ....I've gotten way behind on email.......
....Nam date are 02APR69 - 20OCT70
DEO VINDICE,
Carl also at DEAU@military.com
I have a Nam page
at; http://www.geocities.com/tnrebelin/DMZ-FO.html

Gimpy
07-06-2002, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you've got a great heritage of Southerners in your background. Welcome aboard----we really need some reinforcements round heanh to help us overcome all these Yankee types!

Most-uv-em ain't all THAT bad though----jest a little "slow" on tha "up-take" if'n ya ketch mah drift. That dang-nabbed Andy feller keeps-a talkin bout startin up "hostilities" agin with mah deah frand and most honorable, cavalier southern brother J.E.B. Packo. Kin you beeleeve thet $hit? He's-a wantin ta whack-em up-side his haed with some sort-uv "crabapple" ordinance ere sumthin like thet!

Now he orta knoe thet thare ain't NO "crabapple" pro-ject-tile whut kin hurt no TRUE Son uv tha South. He jest-a betta watch out fer mah frand J.E.B. cause I heerd he'sa brangin up a FULL car-load uv sweet "Jawga" peaches (them kind with tha BIG ole pits in em, ya knoe) and is-a gonna wear his A$$ out with a barrage uv fruit thet ain't NEVA been seen in "Yankee-land"!

HAR--HAR!

Anywho---thanks fer tellin us all yo "history" an stuff--an keep on-a posting now, ya heanh!

PS---Yeah---I'm jest a little bit "GIMPY" awright, three GSWs' (AK-47) to both legs---busted-um all ta hell---but, thay's still thare--whut's left-uv-em.