PDA

View Full Version : Who REALLY won the Vietnam War

exlrrp
07-02-2002, 11:45 AM
So many of you have emailed me to ax where i been i thought I'd show you--I was very high in the air for quite some time.
there was some dispute here when I left about people saying oher people had lost the the Vietnam War. I hope this picture ends any further doubt about who won it!

James

Happy just to be alive

39mto39g
07-02-2002, 02:42 PM
We won. and who took the picture.

exlrrp
07-03-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by 39mto39g
We won. and who took the picture.

the ol B&C, AKA Sue--you 'member her. She went to the Philppines with her best friend ( a filpino/Am)while i was in italy.
this was taken in tahoe

exlrrp
07-03-2002, 06:42 AM
here's how I used to look--its been a long hard crawl up to the middle.

Andy
07-03-2002, 08:42 AM
The US didn't win. I'd suggest we didn't loose, we just left, however we didn't win.
North Vietnam achieved their goals but at what a price. More than a million from the north were killed and both North and South were wrecked. Then they went on to remain an oppressed nation which is extremely poor. A draconian government so bad they had those Boat People leaving in droves. If a nation is a gathering of peoples, they sure didn't win.
During the war a lot of contracts were given by the US to Japan. Their economy shot up, causing them to be a huge economic world power, for a few decades. Perhaps Japan won that war. Keeping in mind that war is but one of many diplomatic options.

James, I am Very disappointed in you. Expected you'd be holding on to something a lot more sultry than a book while in a hot tub. By the way, I read that book too.

Stay healthy,
Andy

son-of-a-v-vet
07-06-2002, 12:18 PM
i would liketo know the name off that book so i can read it to know more about what my father and all of u went through.
if i have now right to pot at this forum please let me know and i wont anymore

Andy
07-06-2002, 01:53 PM
The books title is:
The Complete Idiot's Guide To The Vietnam War.
(Don't see as well as I once did but they used to pay me to notice things like that.)
In my eyes, chapter 18 says it all. It's titled: Question Authority.
Post away my young friend.

Stay healthy,
Andy

son-of-a-v-vet
07-06-2002, 05:44 PM
thank you andy for the reply and thank all of you and welcome home

DMZ-LT
07-07-2002, 06:56 PM
What Andy said. You have EVERY right to post here . Welcome to the neighborhood.

son-of-a-v-vet
07-07-2002, 07:07 PM
thank you DMZ-LT and welcome hometo you and all my new friends

chilidog
07-07-2002, 08:33 PM
SOAVV,
What unit was your father in? I'm not a vet either, but I'll pass on some advice given to me by some vets. If you want to know a little of what these guys went through, read any of the books by Keith Nolan. You can see some info on some of his books in the "Reviews" section on the home page. One of our posters on this site is mentioned in one of Nolan's books.

Welcome to the site,

chilidog

exlrrp
07-08-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by son-of-a-v-vet
i would liketo know the name off that book so i can read it to know more about what my father and all of u went through.
if i have now right to pot at this forum please let me know and i wont anymore

Its "the complete idiots Guide to the Vietnam War"Self being a complete idiot, its perfect
O encourage everybody to read a LOT of books on Vietnam

james

son-of-a-v-vet
07-08-2002, 12:11 PM
thank you chillidog i dont know what unit he was in he didnt talk much do know he was with the 101st airborne. i'll check out his books thank you again

Arrow
07-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Son,

See if you can find a local chapter of the Disabled American Veterans (you don't have to be disabled or a vet to get their help. It might be one of those guys could help you out as you don't have a lot of info on your Dad. They may be able to direct you. Check this website out to locate a chapter near you..

www.dav.org

The next place to go is the website below. If you don't have your dad's SSN or his RA number (Social Security Number or Regular Army or US (if he was drafted) Go ahead and fill out the info anyway stating you are a son of this Vet and it is important to you to know where he served in Vietnam and who he served with. The 101st was a big outfit with a lot of different jobs and they were all over the map from North to South. Also I am sure there are people on the site that can give you info on good 101st websites where you might find help. National Archives where you may find your dad's records listed below:

www.archives.gov

If you want to hear a side of the war that in my opinion does not get enough press and should go to this website. A lot of hard questions and good answers here. God Bless these guys.

www.capmarine.com

A good book that will also give a little different view that it is not often heard often enough at this site:

www.afio.com/sections/book_reviews/reviews/a_better_war.html

Check out this website and read the book:

www.lzxray.com

Welcome and keep on keepin on..hope this helps..

son-of-a-v-vet
07-08-2002, 02:02 PM
little sparrow
thank you for all the info and ill check out all sites and contact my aunt 2 see if she has any info
thank you again and welcome home my friend

son-of-a-v-vet
07-08-2002, 02:04 PM
to all
hey how do i put 1 on those cool signs under my name?
i like the P.O.W/M.I.A.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN LOOK AT OTHERS AND PUT IT UNDER MY NAME

Arrow
07-08-2002, 02:12 PM
check out info under user cp and then edit opitons go to the bottom of that page and the avitar you want to choose is I believe 123. Thanks to Bern that created it for me late one night many moons ago while I was on line with them in the chat room....

ps. just to sit the record straight I am not a vet..but thanks..your welcome home was sweet and I apprecitate it..sis

son-of-a-v-vet
07-08-2002, 02:25 PM
little sparrow
thank you