PDA

View Full Version : John

exlrrp
07-03-2002, 06:16 AM
heres me and Tom(friscokid), ex 101st troopers, at our usual Berkeley breakfast place. I'm on the left, he's standing up on the curb. these are the crawfish fest T shirts me n chiliDave bought and autographed for him.
lets do it again soon ,Tom, got lots of new stories

exlrrp
07-03-2002, 06:24 AM
punched the wrong button

exlrrp
07-03-2002, 06:28 AM
thinking too much about the dang republicans and sent the wrong picture--the one aboves at the same place but months sooner.

Keith_Hixson
07-03-2002, 09:11 AM
We had this little irrigation canal that ran through our property. It was full of crayfish (crawdads). We use to put a worm on a string and catch them thirty or forty at a time. Boil them for three minutes, peel the tail, dip in a batter, take the tail meat and deep fry those little bite size hunks of freshwater lobster.

Good Eating Guys,

I still love ya James,

Keith

DMZ-LT
07-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Hey James. Looks to me like you and Tom both hit the door pretty hard a couple of times getting out the door of that airplane. Been to BOW Bridge a couple of times. Kieth those boys and girls in LA eat tail and suck head all the time !

SEATJERKER
07-03-2002, 12:02 PM
...Dat first one is one ugly mug,...
... do you practice that scowl,...
...lookin' sleek in the second one though, much better, glad to see you back, thought you took your keyboard, an went home...
gonna go take a dip, and sip.......

39mto39g
07-03-2002, 12:20 PM
who was the eagle and who was the screaming.

Ron

frisco-kid
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Here's proof that I'm purtier, and taller, than James.

LT: Yeah, definately signs of our misspent youths catching up with us, but not slowing us down too much. Like alot of us, still "dangerous" individuals.

KEITH: I didn't realize crawdads lived so far north until I ate some that a friend had caught near Lake Mary Ronan, MT. I didn't think they could survive the winters.

RON: I'm not a screamer, but am a moaner sometimes:D .

Keith_Hixson
07-03-2002, 10:35 PM
The Columbia River contains the largest species of crawdad. They get almost as big as a Lobster. Very few people know that. I had friends that would go down to the Columbia and catch those monster crawdads. They cooked them like lobster. I never did get to taste them. But I have seen several of them. If those cajuns knew about the monster crawdads, they'd move to Oregon and Washington just to get at them.

Keith:D

Andy
07-04-2002, 10:21 AM
You have big crawdads? I didn't know that either. Aound here, at the delta to the River Charles we just have lobsters. But ours smoke, drink and play cards, sea food with an attitude.

I've eaten crawdads raw and found them pretty good, prefer raw oysters, which we call "sliders" but the crawdads are ok. (Can't eat lobsters raw, they bite back.

As far as those pictures go, how come lots of you guys have white hair? Is that popular in California? A fad perhaps?
Frisco, does James know you were puting your toe around his neck? (If most of you didn't get that, it's ok, sort of a private joke.)

Stay healthy,
Andy

SEATJERKER
07-04-2002, 11:16 AM
...We got crawdads, everybody got crawdads, there a crustacean, not to be mixed up with the next, close to it word,"crusty"as in bad tempered, but I believe their both close as 2 peas in a pod... i've fought with some mean ones that didn't want to become bait, 7-11's used to sell em in 50 lb. bags right next to the ice in the "ice mechines in La... up here, yea their all over, their just a little smarter then their southern counterparts when it comes to hidin'...
..I'm glad some one else pointed out "James' first picture as to being "ouch!!! watch the door header morning" ...
...would have felt bad as to the only one who recognized that look...