PDA

View Full Version : Changes

xgrunt
07-25-2002, 09:21 AM
Those of yall who know me will noticed I changed my avatar from the 101st[my unit in Nam] to the 100th Inf Div symbol. I've done that to honor my Dad who was with them thru France and was captured during Operation North Wind:the southern arm of the Battle of the Bulge. He was a Pfc FO and spent 10 days holed up in a barn in Rimling, France fighting as infantry until he and those with him were faced by Tiger tanks. He was a POW until the end of the war. He stayed in and served in Korea and went on to serve until 1964. I'm lucky that he is still with me. I fly a 100th decal on the windshield of my Harley and a patch on my vest. My small effort to honor the man who taught me about love of country and service. xgrunt

Beau
07-25-2002, 09:40 AM
It is the right thing to do --- I sense that he was with you, in some way, during your time in Vietnam. I suspect that he has been a good father, and you a good son.

Beau

DMZ-LT
07-25-2002, 09:53 AM
What Beau said Frank. Got my Dads 30 year pin from Ballentine Beer on my vest. See ya soon , bro

Packo
07-25-2002, 11:00 AM
for a wonderful father and son. I guarentee he did your tour with you.....you just didn't know it at the time.

Keep him close, I still miss mine ever day.

To two American "heros", and I don't use that term lightly, salute.

Packman

phuloi
07-25-2002, 01:00 PM
A befitting tribute,for sure.You`re certainly blessed to still have him with you..I salute you both

Andy
07-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Hail the one hundred! That's a great move. Really glad your Dad's around - spend lots of time with him.

In WWII my Dad was on several different boats but Uncle Joe was in the 25th. I'll fly the Electric Strawberry for big bad Joe.

Stay healthy,
Andy

Gimpy
07-25-2002, 08:43 PM
tribute to a hero of the "GREATEST" generation!

Treasure him while you've still got him around my friend. I lost my father shortly after my return from Vietnam. He never got to see his grandchildren and they lost the opportunity to have his wisdom, love and companionship that they should've had.

You are a very lucky man. And, without a doubt, so is your father to have a son like you.

Arrow
07-25-2002, 10:59 PM
Frank gosh darn it you got me cryin'...