PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

Andy
02-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Gay Marriage in Massachusetts (AKA the State of Confusion).

As many of you know our state supreme court determined that gays can marry. The legislature is now having a constitutional convention to decide what should be done. (The rumor that one of those judges is having a homosexual relationship with a goat is just speculation. Both have denied the rumor.)

As most of us know a member of the Federal House of Representative must fulfill several requirements. The person must be a US citizen, at least 25 and no older than 125. He must own at least two dark suits and it?s a good idea not to have been convicted of a felony within the last several months. It?s also necessary to sell body and soul to people or groups that will get you elected.

State legislatures are an even lower life form and generally not quite as bright. Point of fact: Some legislatures here are pro gay marriage, some are totally against, the majority want a compromise. Thus, a proposed amendment to the State Constitution was put forward yesterday. It said, ??marriage is a union between one man and one woman. Civil Unions will not be required or prohibited?. As far as the Civil Union part there are no other stipulations.

One of the brighter members of the House said, ?Hey, so I can have a Civil Union with my sister!? Someone else pointed out priests can now have Civil Unions with alter boys and avoid all that nasty publicity.

In 1862 a minister opened a session of the federal congress saying, ?Oh Lord please give them brains?. Wish we have a clergyman with the stones to say that today.

Stay healthy,
Andy

BLUEHAWK
02-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Andy -

Nice one :-)

Keith_Hixson
02-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh Lord Give Them Brains. Wonderful prayer to start any session of a legistature or congress. Ask me to pray and I'll start my prayer out with "Oh Lord Give Them Brains."

Keith

reconeil
02-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Loved that: "...please give them brains" bit.

Still, I would add: "Also,...please give them dictionaries".

marriage n 1.a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.

Regardless, and as hard as I might look in The Dictionary, nowhere could I find any reference to: "Jane has two Mommies" or; "Johnny has two Daddies".

But then, and in fairness to all your patronising of even the most absurd for a vote,...my dictionary is about 10 years old. Perhaps the new and/or politically-corrected 2004 Dictionary might have a different definition? Seems logical. Doesn't it?

Neil :d: :b:

melody1181
02-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Give them brains.....i think there body's would reject them.

Also need to say a prayer to give most of the lot a soul.

travisab1
02-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Andy;
I say that it should be mandatory that anyone who votes for GAY marriages should have to give someone of his/her same sex a 10 minute French Kiss in a public square with all network camaras recording the event.

Has anybody here ever bought drinks for some sweet thang in a bar overseas or here in the states to find out later it was a BENNY-BOY???

Sickning ain't it. Found one of those *ags in Olongapool (sp) one time.

Travis

SuperScout
02-13-2004, 04:31 AM
What you described as happening your in home boy land is nothing more than a game of "Geographical Stupidity Roulette." It seems mostly to affect coastal states. And it started in New Jersey, when state and federal election laws were scorned and defied, resulting in the election of a slightly resurrected zombie. Then it oozed its way southward, polluting Florida with the dreaded "hangly-dangly chaditis" aftermath. Next, we zoom across the country, only to land in Kauliphonia, where a politician with no legs was being propped up by visiting aliens from New York. Hopefully, the "fly-over" country will be immune to such diseases!

39mto39g
02-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Yesterday, SanFranCisco married a bunch of same sex couples.

If your going to be in favor of equal rights for everyone, I can't see how you can stop any two people from getting married. Don't get me wrong, I think they should be shot, But that don't mean I can't see that they are not being treated equal.
Why are the courts involved in marrage anyway, Marrage is a religous thing, isn't it?
There are to many examples that through out just man and women marrages, What about a person who is born with both sex organs, What about a guy that had a sex change operation, or a girl that became a guy, If you allow women that were men on there birth certificate to marry a man, and so on.
Again, Again, Im not for same sex marrages, I still think shoot them, But if you want to be fair and equal. You have to allow it.
ewwwwww, ewwwww.

Ron

Keith_Hixson
02-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Yesterday,

They had a two gay marriage cermonies at the University.

Even in rural America, if you bring in Liberal Academics they will try to get America to accept a liberal value system.

Keith

Andy
02-13-2004, 09:01 AM
On some issues I can be quite liberal. With regard to gays, except for public displays of affection, I have few problems. If a couple has been together for years and one is taken to the emergency room of a hospital, the rules are visits by family members only, don?t seem right. Two gays in a relationship should be able to get health insurance on the family plan. With the terrible shape our Department of Social Services is in I could even close one eye, step back a way to avoid the smell and be ok with adoption by a gay couple. But marriage, as others have said, is one man, one woman, not closely related to each other. I see no problem with a Civil Union of two people. Incest, polygamy and age restrictions must still apply. But marriage is for a man and woman, ONLY.

Our Supreme Court made this gay marriage ruling last November. The best our state legislative could come up with in three months is: ?Civil Unions will not be required or prohibited?. That is very weak. Also consider 50 of the 159 legislatures are lawyers, you?d think a little clearer language might have been proposed.

Keith, no doubt you could give a great opening prayer however, residents of the state give the opening prayer. Besides, sounds like you have some issues where you live. Marriages in Washington state and California are not recognized by the state, right?

Ron, I don?t want to shoot them, must be the liberal in me. Marriage has not been just a religious thing, not since a justice of the peace or captain of a ship has been able to perform the task. People born with both sex organs have to pick one, just one and say they are that sex. Transvestites can marry someone who is the opposite sex that they are currently. As far as civil rights, we already have laws saying a person can not be discriminated against due to sexual orientation. In some smaller companies there is actual sexual discrimination against people who are not straight but that?s another story.

Actually, one thing that really concerns me is people moving from all of your state to here so they can be married and enjoy all the privileges of marriage. We are weird enough now.

Stay healthy,
Andy

Boats
02-13-2004, 09:52 AM
It's pretty bad if you ask me. But nobody can because my post don't go through

SuperScout
02-13-2004, 12:19 PM
You were heard!!

So what's next? We have seen how the dictionary definition of "marriage" has been cast aside, and now we'll just have to wait and see how far they flung it. For all those poor, trod upon and discriminated against polygamists in Utah and elsewhere, your salvation is at hand!! And what of those misguided sheep guiders? What about their rights? Shouldn't they be next?

And just in case any out there is getting ready to start painting me as "homophobe" kindly be advised that we have a homosexual daughter, and I love her unconditionally, just like our other heterosexual offspring. I believe that certain homosexuals are born that way, a hard-wiring problem, or for you scientific folks, a genetic predisposition to be that way. By the same token, I believe that certain folks are also hard-wired to become alcoholics, present company included. But by the Grace of God, I'm sober again today; perhaps a similar abstinence should apply to homosexuals.

Once we pollute the sanctity of marriage, and add it to the growing list of other institutions we have "dumbed-down", our society should not be surprised by other assaults on the senses, intellect, and moral standards.

Seascamp
02-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Seems to me that the fair, rational and logical thing to do is get everybody equipped with rights and privileges as can be defined by compressive and legally supported definitions of a Civil Union. That can be done on a wide scale to the benefit of all concerned. On the other hand, the Marriage question is going to draw incoming fire from all points of the compass and work to the detriment to those needing civil law status and protection in the now time frame. In my opinion, the current activities in the Massachusetts Legislature is just a mild throw and catch bullpen event as compared to how other States are going to react, especially if the general consensious becomes that Massachusetts is doing their usual social engineering trip on everyone else again.
I?d bet anything that Kerry does not want this issue on his plate right now as a candidate for President. I?d like to hear how he wordsmiths his way out of this controversy. He has made some non-statements thus far but I don?t think he can keep that up for long as this is one of those issues that is not subjective at all and gets into the much dreaded politico minefield of yes- no answers.
My bet is that he seeks refuge behind the concept of ?da law is da law?, not a bad place to be I?d say.

Scamp

39mto39g
02-13-2004, 03:06 PM
A way to get aroud this problem Is to take away all privleges that Married people enjoy and make eveyone equal. That would envolve changing a bunch of stuff and wouldn't be practical.
Personnaly, I can't see the harm in letting two people that care for each other be married. It will take some getting used to, but, I could care less if frisco and James wanted to get married.
Can you picture that?

Ron

frisco-kid
02-13-2004, 09:54 PM
It's of no great surprise that San Francisco is the first city to thumb their noses at the state law prohibiting/not recognizing same-sex marriages. But like the rest of the country, the majority of Californians aren't in favor of it. There has already been law suits filed and efforts to put the marriage ceremonies on hold. Gavin Newsom [mayor] isn't going to find this quite as accepted in the rest of the state, or even the immediate surrounding counties. I'm not sure that this represents the will of the majority of San Franciscans. It does however, put the gay community in his back pocket and in San Francisco this can be alot of political clout. However, I hope he doesn't have any political aspirations beyond the borders of SF for awhile. This may blow up in his face.

Personally, I'm not against the marriages. I don't care one way or the other. Hell, it's not like heterosexual marriages are doing so great in this country these days. What is it, about a 50-50 that they won't end in divorce? How many on here are on their 2nd or 3rd? Which brings up another question. If the government is going to take such a hard stand on what actually constitutes a marriage, and puts such a high value on what it represents to our country's moral fiber, and wants to strengthen it as an institution, what's next; make divorce illegal?

I don't agree with some of the stated MAIN reasons that these couples want these marriages. Personally, I didn't get married just so I could file a joint tax return, etc.. I think they are entitled to these things though, as a legally recognized couple. The Civil Union thing would accomplish this if it were recognized by all of the governments across the board, and there wouldn't be all of this controversy.

RON: I'm already taken, but if that ever goes south on me and something beyond being good Buds blossoms between James and I, you're my first pick for Best Man :D :D .

39mto39g
02-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Your assuming James would say Yes. But If you ask and he excepts and I don't have to do my hair that day, sure, I'll be your best man?

Ron

travisab1
02-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Andy;
By the way, was it a white goat or a black goat?

Travis

Andy
02-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Being from the Heartland of our nation you wouldn?t have know.

To even ask that question is an act of being prejudice, and if you work for the government is probably a form of racial profiling. Law suites are filed for a lot less.

(Besides I don?t know his color but rumor has it he illegitimate. The judge not the goat. We?ll he must be illegitimate they keep calling him a SOB.)

Stay healthy,
Andy