PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Repetitious History

SuperScout
03-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Remembering what George (no, not Washington, Bush, or Carlin) Santayana said about the past, and how it frequently can return to chew upon certain posterior body parts, we have only to examine the past performance of the erstwhile Democrat presidential candidate to find a plausible windowpane into his present and future. First, he was in favor of the Vietnam war, all fired up and dangerous, cruising offshore in the safe blue waters of the South China Sea, only to get his feet wet and muddy later with frequent beachings of his canal craft. We are entertained or appalled, by his own admissions, of his reports of killing civilians, unarmed and wounded VC and other enormous threats to his safety of himself and his patiently waiting boatcrew.

Not content to bask in the glow of all his grateful crew members, rows of medals worthy of a real hero, and knowledge of having participated in helping a threatened people trying to become more secure, he heaves his medals across a fence in protest, mounts a stage replete with cameras and sound recorders, and declares to the world the horrors of war crimes he heard about. Not that he witnessed, not that he could verify, not that could be verified, but atrocities he knew were lies of the most heinous sort. He gratitiously and maliciously slandered the honorable service and sacrifice of thousands of Vietnam veterans. His sworn testimony was sucked up by the gullible and lazy press, and broadcast around the world. And it was his sworn testimony that was used to bring inordinate pain and suffering to our POW's in Hanoi. He lied then, he knew it was a lie, and he still lacks the physical and moral attributes to atone for his egregious lies.

Fast-forward to the 90's. He didn't support the initial efforts to remove the Iraqi forces from their illegal invasion and occupation of Kuwait, voting with a tiny minority of other isolationist liberals. A few years later, after several pompous statements about the evils of WMD in Saddam's hands and other reasons for regime change, he votes to allow the President to use military force to remove the cancer of Saddam from Iraq, then Kerry votes against the funds necessary to implement the changes he voted for. His frequent, and now predictable squeamishness on matters of national security can only spell uncertainty, doubt, confusion in our armed forces, those splendid warriors at the very gates separating us from evil. The issue of national security should be foremost on the Cogent Issues List of this campaign, and Kerry's track record of weakness, indecisiveness and vaccilation makes him patently unfit for high office.

Packo
03-18-2004, 05:04 AM
You forgot one thing.....the medals he threw were someone else's. He didn't even really have the commitment of his conviction to throw his own. Interesting.

Packman

SuperScout
03-18-2004, 06:29 AM
How careless of me forget Kerry's commitment to ambivalence, nuancing, and fence-sitting. Thank you, Sir Packo, for reminding us of this sterling character trait of the Lord of Linguini.

Seascamp
03-18-2004, 08:05 AM
One key attribute that must not be forgotten is that Kerry directly or indirectly worked toward Communist dominance of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. When the columns and columns of Soviet Armor crushed the RVN like so many hapless children, Kerry was silent. When the murderous genie of Communist subjugation, purging, liquidation and brutal imprisonment popped out of the bottle for the world to really see what that SEA war was all about, we found a very silent Kerry. Not a word was to be heard from Kerry about the subsequent Cambodian and Vietnamese Holocaust and the brutal murder of well over two million people, not an utterance of protest.
Currently those Vietnamese ?peasant revolutionaries? that he was all for at the time have now seen the brutal duplicity, betrayal and lash of Kerry. Silence is acceptance.

Now here we are again with the entire mid east dependent on the US to keep the bloody- mouthed monsters at bay but Kerry isn?t so silent, but again working for???Kerry.

Should he be a principal to his own history repeating again in the mid east, we can be assured that silence will then be demanded, but unfortunately for Kerry, the fireball that will then roll through the mid east will be very hard to ignore and sweep under the carpet, indeed.

Scamp

SuperScout
03-19-2004, 08:15 AM
By extension of your logic, which is impeccable as usual, the profound silence of Kerry after the fall to tyranny of much of SEA is mute testimony to his acquiescence to the ways of the communists, or to his complete naivete and incompetence. To be aware of how the evil of communism is manifested, he only needed to review the sad travail of the Hungarians, or the horrors of the gulags, or trail of slaughter in Korea. His failure to be aware, or to acknowledge the reality and work against enslavement of millions of people is stark evidence of his shallow thinking, complete lack of compassion, and lack of spine. To think that he would act now in a different way is too dangerous an assumption to make.

BLUEHAWK
03-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I doubt he realizes his acquiescence... or at least I sure as hell hope so.

SuperScout
03-19-2004, 11:56 AM
It is patently obvious that Kerry has not realized how his profound silence on SEA issues is de facto acquiescence; were he a man of decency, or evidencing some moral depth, he would have made some atonement, akin to what Joan Baez did years ago, when she realized the error of her ways. Alas hoping for a conversion is the most futile of endeavors.

Seascamp
03-19-2004, 01:24 PM
ya must get a kick out of running across the down range berms and doing the nanner-nanner thing, LOL. So anyway here?s my gun burst?er?argument.
No one and I mean no one at the Officer level within Navy Operation Market Time could have possibly or conceivably not known the point of origin of all that contraband weaponry that was being picked up. Then a Skipper commanding a vessel that was designed specifically for pursuit, intercept and boarding of contraband runners and real life pirates not knowing what was going on is mathematically impossible, I don?t buy that for one instant.
The very role and mission of Market Time Operations was weapons and supply interdiction, that?s what we did. All that stuff was coming from the Soviet Union, Soviet East block countries and the PRC and ya couldn?t miss that, impossible.

Now then allegedly Kerry is a Yale educated person so one would assume some powers of observation and all, but who knows, maybe he was one of them ?name? students that just hung out and collected sticky stars until it was time to move on.

My guess is that Kerry got all wrapped around the axel with his ambition, exchanging body fluids with Jane & Co., went pop Communist as a way cool thing to do and socially an ?in? thing among his potential Ma. Constituents. I surmise that by the time he reckoned he?d been had and bent over the stump, big time, it was too late to fess up and at the same time keep his political career going. Not by any stretch of the imagination was he the only supposed luminary to get sucked into that trap and then do the dummy-up deal when the REAL SEA cuttin and guttin got to rollin along.
Surprise, surprise as Gomer said.

But then as the Kerry the politico thing rolled forth there is some inexplicable stuff on his plate that suggests ????..
I don?t know, just way to strange and over my head for me to connect any dots, so I won?t even try.

Scamp

Oh, courtesy of Sis and new PF member rbshirly, here is a link to Market Time Swiftboats and all the goins on that were goin on. Good stuff, thanks Sis and RB.

www.pcf45.com

BLUEHAWK
03-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Well hell, I'd not be above a Nanner Nanner here and there... but the more we talk about all this the more harrumph harrumph I be gettin' to feel about that fella... it just grates on a man to know that stuff is done with knowledge aforethought, then mischaracterized, then denied, then rationalized and then Nanner Nanner he runs for Prez and so many are not seeing the trail of tears he's left behind... Cease Fire Scampner :D I be too old to dodge all that artillery any more... like Scout says, I do not see how he can possibly be regarded as a man of decency either.

Nanner Nanner :a: