PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Kerry's calling in some debts.

colmurph
03-18-2004, 10:38 AM
March 18, 2004 Fairplay

" US West Coast ports to close in Iraq Protest.

DOCK workers on the US West Coast will shut down all ports in their jurisdiction on 20 March to protest against the war in Iraq, the International Longshore and Warehouse Union announced. The stoppage will be observed at all ports, including those in Oregon and Washington. The action is part of a two-day protest endorsed by the ILWU against the war and the US occupation of Iraq. The ILWU will stop work at all Bay Area ports at 0600 and return to work by 1800 on Saturday. The stoppage was announced by Jack Heyman, the business agent for the ILWU Local 10 in Oakland. "This is not a strike", he said in a notice to the union members. "We are implementing a provision within our contract that permits us to stop work once a month for a "Stop Work Meeting". Only four ships are scheduled to arrive in Oakland that day, the Oakland Tribune reported. ILWU locals in Southern California recently used the stop work provision to express support for striking grocery workers.

Lloyds Register - Fairplay web links."

Just wait till they implement phase 3 of the TWIX card program and start arresting Longshoremen who have outstanding warrants against them and refusing work permits to those with certain Felony Convictions. The whole country will go on strike and either the ILA will be re-born as a new union or the ports will throw the ILA out on their collective a$$es and start using non union labor. Already half the terminals in the Port of Philadelphia/Wilmington are non-ILA.

SuperScout
03-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ILO one of the most left-leaning bunch of thugs? And isn't the Kerry people meeting with other leftists from Europe, including labor union heavies? Doesn't this prove, irrefutably, that he would subordinate the interests of the US to the UN or to other international organizations, at the expense of the US? These are all rhetorical questions, obviusly, as we all know the answers already. He's becoming very transparent, and it ain't even April! Just wait until July, when he may not even be visible!

colmurph
03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
I believe that just before the elections the ILA will go out on strike nationwide. It will be ostensibly, in protest of the new TWIX Card requirements at all US Port Facilities. The ILA membership is afraid that the Coast Guard in conjunction with the FBI will use the data from the cards to arrest anyone with an outstanding warrant. They have already arrested some 2,000+ members of the National Maritime Union and others using counterfeit Z-Cards for Merchant Mariners Documentation. Many NMU members were arrested on outstanding warrants but far more Illegal Aliens (Oops sorry, "Undocumented Workers") were arrested for posession of counterfeited US Merchant Mariners Documents. It's going to happen to the ILA at large so they are going to strike to stop Homeland Security from catching them.

BLUEHAWK
03-19-2004, 04:32 AM
My hunch is we ain't seen nothin' yet along these lines...