PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Kerry Story on the Radio

Dragon Lady
03-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is any truth behind this story? I just heard it on the radio and it just sounds so crazy that there might possibly be some truth to it....

The news guy said that Senator John Kerry is now claiming that his Father or Grandfather was actually a Jew living in Austria who escaped the Holocaust and moved to Boston. Upon arrival they changed their last name to Kerry to blend in with the Irish Community and converted to Catholicism.

WHAT???

Is this really true? Is he really saying this?

Or is it

A.) A made up story picked up off the press floor and some news/talk show decided to run it anyway.

or

B.) Does Kerry really want the voters to believe this story so he can go after yet another group of voters? Does he really think the public is that gullible?

SuperScout
03-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Your answer is totally dependent upon (1) the day of the week, (2) what part of the country is the questioner from, (3) are the television cameras running, and (4) are you sure you really want or need to know?!! Psst: he also has some French blood in him, which probably explains a lot of his gelatinous positions.

colmurph
03-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Supposedly it is true that Kerry is only "Irish by Injection". I heard years ago that his family were originally jewish and converted to Catholicism. Tell me.....does he look Irish?

Dragon Lady
03-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Does anyone one "Look Irish"?
I look Swedish, but I'm as pure blood as one can be I suppose. I can trace back 4 generations. Everyone of my siblings looks different from the next. Who's to say that Red hair and Freckles is an Irish trait. So are blue eyes for that matter.
Kerry could pass for Irish American. Except for the nose. That part certainly is not Irish.

As for the French...I also heard that his french influence came from the family's escape from Austria via the French Resistance.

This man is certainly trying to hit all of the marks.

DL