PDA

View Full Version : Larry

Packo
04-02-2004, 05:43 AM
Before the thread was so rudely closed, I wanted to tell you that I never called you any names, and never would. I was referring to the article you posted that I felt was insane and from the twilight zone. It would only apply to you if you wrote the article, which you didn't. Since I have never called you a name, this is not an apology, it is simply to let a friend know that he misunderstood. I have never called any of our "sitemates", unless they were irresponsable FNG's, names. Many of my friends on this site have different opinions but you know I have never called them a name. It is our opinions that differ not our love and respect for each other. Hope this sets our record straight.

Now, Blue. First off, I really don't know you. To me your still an FNG around here. There is one thing I will tell you and you can do with it what you want. I don't think Scout needs your help in defending himself. I don't believe any of the "Old Reliables" on this site do. (without Gimpy's permission but he gets my drift) Now Larry and others have been a bit passionate lately because this is a difficult time in this country and blood pressures are up on both sides of the fence. But WE have been a family for years. Dysfunctional at times, BUT A FAMILY. I may be stepping out of line but I can guarentee one thing, if Scout was surrounded by the enemy, Gimpy would be one of the first to try and get him out and risk his life to do it. If the tables were turned, it would be same same. I agree it gets TOO heated around here but what do you expect from a bunch of old hot headed,opinionated, stubborn combat vets. I know one thing for sure. If my ass was on the line, Mortardude would be dropping them in the enemy's hip pocket. Stop trying to protect ourselves from ourselves. Thank you. And troops, if I'm full of shit on this, I'm man enough to take the heat. "Bring it on!"

Packo

MORTARDUDE
04-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Paco :

You are due an apology from me. Between my depression, my ex-job, my kids, my mom, this War, and the ever-present PTSD, aggravated by this mess in Iraq and Afghanistan...I sometimes just lose it. I appreciate what you wrote very, very much. I have a lump in my throat as I write this. Please call me this weekend. If I post something you disagree with, feel free to post a response or just ignore it. I love you brother !!!!

May God Bless,

Larry

Gimpy
04-02-2004, 07:02 AM
You have once again put into words what many, many folk are so unable to comprehend.

For that you have my unashamed devotion and respect!

I've taken a few "liberties" with Shakespears work below.

God bless you my dear friend.

(damn sandstorms)

>>>

He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is another day:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds are mine from Viet nam.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Paco the airborne, Gimpy and Mortardude, Andy,
Scout and DMZ-LT, Sid, Doc, 82Rigger, Bob, Frisco, RAZZ and James et all! (I didn't have room for all of us!)
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And memories of the Nam shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he that day that shed his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in America now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon those days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God Bless ALL our brothers & sisters!

Packo
04-02-2004, 08:05 AM
WE BAND OF BROTHERS!

How frigging beautiful the sound.

Your Welcome my dear friend.

AIRBORNE!

Packo

phuloi
04-02-2004, 04:52 PM
AMEN! And thank you ALL!