PDA

View Full Version : Translation, Please!

SuperScout
04-02-2004, 04:29 PM
"It is important to remember that this resolution does not authorize the use of American ground troops in Bosnia, nor does it specifically authorize the use of air or naval power. It simply associates the U.S. Senate with the current policies of this administration and of the Security Council."

[OK, since we can't use ground forces, air power, or naval strength, is the solution to the problem merely associating the Senate with the administration and the Security Council? Can anyone explain how this works?]

"We know from our largely unsuccessful attempts to enlist the cooperation of other nations, especially industrialized trading nations, in efforts to impose and enforce somewhat
more ambitious standards on nations such as Iran, China, Burma and Syria, that the willingness of most other nations - including a number who are joined in the sanctions to isolate Iraq - is neither wide nor deep to join in imposing sanctions on a sovereign nation to spur it to `clean up its act' and comport its actions with accepted international norms."

[Can we assume that spurring a sovereign nation to 'clean up its act' is achieved by incomprehensibly long and rambling sentences?]

In case anyone is wondering, the author of both sentences is the illustrious junior senator from Massachusetts.

phuloi
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Hmmmm....Lost this reader.And I`m from Massachusetts! Andy?
Perhaps if it were blended with a liberal dose of HEINZ..

Packo
04-02-2004, 06:18 PM
You two are idiots. It's as plane as the nose on your face if your would just look. It simply means that he voted for the resolution right before he voted against it. Jeeze, you guys disgust me.

Xenon from Cricksit

SuperScout
04-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Wal, Ah'll be! Shore 'nuff, ther it is, plane as the noze on mah face!! Shoulda seen it as the dreaded critter, that legendary beast for the swamps of the Ketchup Kingdom, the infamous YesIAmNoI'mNot creature.

Andy
04-03-2004, 10:44 AM
I've followed this guy for 20 years and am clueless. Do hope this summer Kerry has the chance to debate himself, that might clear up several issues. For now all I know is HEINZ has to be banged on the bottom to come. However, that may be standard issue.

Got to say something about wars. Only Congress can declare war. OK. The US has been in over 100 wars (including the Indians). Tom Jefferson was the first to have a war without consulting congress. Only 5 wars have been declared. Every time I hear someone say, "This is an illegal war", it's clear, their man is not in office.

Stay healthy,
Andy

SuperScout
04-03-2004, 03:20 PM
Ahhh, the joys of reminiscing about wasted youth! Your comments about Heitz made me recall a girlfriend from high school; she was kinda the same way........... sigh..... :v:

The networks are scrambling to televise the Kerry vs. Kerry debate, :o but only if No-Doz signs on as the official sponsor!!

Seascamp
04-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Ah, I see it now and should have recognized it right off. It?s Gaussian white noise that is a product of a RRG (Random Rhetoric Generator) when coupled through a Brownian motion trailing edge D-flop that is triggered by a non-synchronic stroboscopic word motion detector that is, in fact, and exclusive NOR/NAND Maybe gate. When the closed form solution is fully resolved to the most fundamental terms, one clearly sees that it is a functional/non-functioning expression that asymptotically approaches the nirvana of a total escape do-loop where there are no gozintas only gozoutas that create heat but no light in any known or imagined spectrum.
In the wildlife area of definition, this would be known as a crokogator, you know, one of them critters with high pressure swamp gas exhausters at both ends and two dysfunctional heads in the center.

Piece of cake, easy stuff for sure. :D

Scamp