PDA

View Full Version : My Girl is testifying tomorrow....

Arrow
04-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Father give her thethe wisdom of Solomon and the courage of the prophet Jeremiah.:a:

phuloi
04-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Condy will do just fine,as she is already in possession of the attributes you mentioned-as well as several more.Otherwise,President Bush would not have selected her to be his NSA.(The very FIRST to EVER testify under oath in a public forum!)

Arrow
04-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Against the odds

Ms Rice was born in 1954 and grew up in Birmingham, Alabama under the shadow of segregation. She has often said that to get ahead she had to be "twice as good" and her childhood chiselled her strong determination and self-respect.

Taught by her parents that education provided armour against segregation and prejudice, Ms Rice worked her way to college by the age of 15. She graduated at 19 from the University of Denver with a degree in political science.

Soviet interest

It was at Denver that Ms Rice first became interested in international relations and the study of the Soviet Union. Her inspiration came from a course taught by the Czech refugee, Josef Korbel, father to the United States' first woman Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright.

A masters and doctorate followed and, at the age of 26, Ms Rice became a fellow at Stanford University's Centre for International Security and Arms Control.

After serving as the Soviet affairs adviser on Bush Senior's National Security Council, Condoleezza Rice returned to Stanford in 1991 and, in 1993, became the youngest, the first female and first non-white provost.

It is difficult to make generalisations about Condoleezza Rice. She is an African-American National Security Adviser, but for a Republican administration that won just 10% of the black vote.

Some profiles of Rice describe her as precise and prissy. But she is also a pianist, ice skater and sports fan.

Rice's belief in education and self-improvement seem to be the key to understanding her. In an interview with Newsweek magazine, Rice said that despite growing up with racial segregation, personal expectations were high.

"My parents had me absolutely convinced that, well, you may not be able to have a hamburger at Woolworth's but you can be president of the United States."

Go ahead and run girl you'll have my vote...

SuperScout
04-08-2004, 06:20 AM
... and because she has defied the Democrats' "keep 'em down on the plantation" mindset, she has incurred their wrath. Dr. Rice is brilliant, and her much anticipated testimony will subtly drive the silver stake through the heart of Dickie Clarke's contradictory statements.

And don't be surprised that if in 2008, she is the V-P candidate for the GOP, running with Rudy Guiliani. Then, a few yers later, she is likely to become the first woman President, and in every case, she gets my vote, while she gets the Democrats' goat!!

Dakotaman
04-08-2004, 06:36 AM
I think Dick Clarke resents being replaced by a woman, a smart "black woman". Dr. Rice is doing a super job in front of the 9-11 panel. You go girl.

SuperScout
04-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks! That's a beautiful insight on the current proceedings, and more truth than humor, but the humor was great!! :D

MORTARDUDE
04-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I read where what prompted the Bush adminstration to let her testify were pictures of Roosevelt's self same "advisors" who testified about the sneak attack on Pearl harbor. There are a number of questions I would ask, if I could, including why 160 Saudis were able to leave the USA when we couldn't fly right after 9/11. This is not meant to start a flame-let..just my observations....

Larry

frisco-kid
04-08-2004, 05:23 PM
is this going to stop being about political parties, and more about a bi-partisan effort to find and identify all of the breakdowns in the system and fix them? Both parties need to tell the truth and acknowledge their mistakes, then make a concerted effort to fix them and see that they don't occur again. You would think that the tragedy of 9/11 would pull our country and government together like the attack on Pearl Harbor did, instead of polarizing it. All the finger pointing in the world isn't going to bring one victim back, or put together a plan to keep it from happening again. I just can't fathom this mentality.

Hardball
04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
HB

Hardball
04-08-2004, 08:05 PM
HB

williams919
04-08-2004, 11:52 PM
You know she didn't let one of those jerks run over her. She said what she meant and finished all her statements. I reckon some of our top leaders could get good advice from a LADY like her. Of course they would have to listen and that would be their downfall.
I don't know if the US is ready for a woman in the White House but, she would be my choice when its time.
I don't think Clark liked being replaced by a woman and that gives me great pleasure. I hope he makes good money off his book. He may need it.
God Bless Condy !!!!!!!!!
:d: