PDA

View Full Version : Heinz 57

catman
04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened to look at
the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. Yep...."Made in
Mexico" Check some of your Heinz products.

"Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this
country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of
jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. However, he is
trying to blame it on George W. Bush.

As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country
because he is not the owner of a single factory.

That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerrys own 32 factories in
Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the
Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also,
they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and
the Caribbean

I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated to foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States.

Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that
relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he
not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner?

If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign
factories and bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they
won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

skeeter
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Just for some facts of thought that may need to thrown around..

Theresa Heinz does not own Heinz Foods. She owns the name.
Her position in the Company is quite small , if at least none.
The CEO and President is Bill Johnson, and of all things, he is a Republician.

As for the foriegn companies that Heinz owns or has bought, they were companies that was there is the first place. The point is, the jobs were never American to "outsource" in the first place.

With all that, that would be like saying, Toyota is moving a factory to Japan. And jobs in American will be lost.

MarineAO
04-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Hay catman do you have references for this? Is it legit? Any back up? I'm no Kerry fan but supporting evidence would be nice.

MORTARDUDE
04-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Yes...a web link reference would be appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

skeeter
04-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Now you republicans may have to re-consider your diet or food intake.

I want you republicans to refrain from buying any Heinz food products, and those items that Heinz corporate owns.

So when you go to purchase these items, please DO NOT BUY,

Borden's:
Classic Pasta Sauce, Aunt Millies Pasta Sauce, Mrs. Grass Soups, Wylers Soups.
Heins ketchup products.
Farley's Baby Foods, Earths Best Baby Foods, Farex Baby Foods (let the Baby starve)
Don't feed your dogs these.
Kibbles ' N Bits, Gravy Train, Cycle, Ken-L-Ration, Skippy, Best Friend Bruno dog foods.

Your cat can starve..
Do Not feed.. Amore cat foods.

You must NOT consume any of these,
Charlie-The-Tuna, Star-Kist, John West, Petit Navire, Greenseas, Wattie's, Mareblu tuna products made by corporate owned Heinz Foods.

You must pass up the.. Ore-Ida, Tator Tots, Bagel Bites, Rossetto.

If you eat some others foods other than Heinz, you must refrain from going to Weight Watchers who is own by Heinz.

Above all, DO NOT eat any,
Budget Gourmet Frozen entres.

Now you must have that Republican faith, and show the world how strong you are.

skeeter
04-14-2004, 07:21 AM
I would also suggest the Liberals and Democrats when they drive up to the pump to get gas for the family vehicle, they have the station to seperate that percentage of the gas that is owned by George W. Bush and Dick Chenny in their stock holdings.

That would be the way to refrain from dealing with any republican portion of the gasoline.

Sounds fair to me.

phuloi
04-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Back-up for Catman:
Kerry's Wife a 'Benedict Arnold CEO'?

One of Sen. John Kerry's favorite stump speech tag lines these days is a blast at "Benedict Arnold CEOs [who] send American jobs overseas."

But he never quite gets around to mentioning his wife's connection to the Heinz Foods empire, which seems to be leading the pack in exporting jobs from America into the Third World.

Reporting for Tech Central Station, James Glassman revealed Wednesday, "The Kerry family business, H.J. Heinz Co. of Pittsburgh, operates 22 factories in the United States and 57 in foreign countries."

A quick check of the Heinz corporate Web site seems to confirm the fact that the Democratic presidential front-runner's family fortune derives from one of America's worst corporate traitors, at least according to the way Kerry defines the term.

Under World Locations, the Heinz Corp. Web site lists plants throughout the Third World, including the Middle East, Africa, Southern Africa, the Pacific Rim and Asia.

The company once owned by Mrs. Heinz Kerry's late husband seems to particularly favor the employee pool in Asia, where workers come dirt cheap and slave labor is not unknown.

Here are just a few of the locations where the corporate bucaneers who keep the prospective first couple living in such high style have their Third World workers toiling overtime:

HEINZ SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
Established 2001
Republic of Singapore
Factory: Singapore
Major Product Lines: chili sauces/ketchup/preserved beans/soy sauces.
Brand Names and Trademarks: SinSin.

HEINZ-UFE LTD.
Established 1984
Guangzhou, People's Republic of China
Factory: Guangzhou
Major Product Lines: cereals for infants.
Brand Name and Trademark: Heinz.

HEINZ COSCO
Established 1999
Qingdao, People's Republic of China
Factory: Qingdao
Major Product Lines: infant foods/ketchup/mayonnaise/puree.

HEINZ WIN CHANCE LTD.
Established 1987
Bangkok, Thailand
Factory: Bangplee
Major Product Lines: chili sauce/ketchup/oyster sauce.

HEINZ INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Acquired 1994
Mumbai, India
Factory: Aligarh/Bangalore
Major Product Lines: glucose powders/infant feeding
products/ketchup/medicated powders/milk-based beverages.
Brand Names and Trademarks: Complan/Farex/Glucon-D/
Heinz/Nycil/Sampriti.

PT HEINZ ABC INDONESIA
Established 1999
Jakarta, Indonesia
Factories: Daan Mogot, Jakarta; Karawang Timur; Pasuruan
Major Product Lines: chili sauce/fruit drink concentrates/ ketchup/soy sauces.
Brand Name and Trademark: ABC.

PT HEINZ SUPRAMA
Acquired 1997
Surabaya, Indonesia
Factory: Sidoarjo
Major Product Lines: noodles/noodle snacks.
Brand Names and Trademarks: Burung Dara/Heinz.

HEINZ UFC PHILIPPINES
Established 2000
Manila, the Philippines
Factories: Cabuyao Laguna; Davao City
Major Product Lines: banana ketchup/hot sauce/sweet chili sauce/tomato ketchup.
Brand Names and Trademarks: Jufran/Mafran/Papa/UFC.

HEINZ HONG KONG LIMITED
Established 2000
Wanchai, Hong Kong

Seascamp
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
I?m not so sure I get my knickers in a knot about an outfit like Heinz building a plant in Bangoango, using local produce and labor to produce a locally labeled and marketed product. But, if we import that product to the US and that trashes out some US produced product and the jobs that go with it, then I ask a serious and intense ?why?? about five times.
Kerry?s issue, in my opinion, is that he?s trying to be both places at once and ending up no place at all. I suspect that his scriptwriters and spin docs need a good dose of global and domestic economic reality and a Saturday morning remedial crash course in avoiding laying out landmines for their boss to stomp around on. But I suppose if it sounds warm and fuzzy to a target audience, then cold and prickly reality don?t mean didly at any given moment of grand pronouncements.

Oh, Mr. Skeeter, thanks for the complete boycot list,LOL. And no, nither critter nor person need go hungry as we still have free interprise, alternatives and choices. But perhaps a time will come where the State scactioned, State subsidized and only allowed katchup and critter food will be Heinz, but not yet, eh.

Scamp

Packo
04-15-2004, 03:39 AM
Dear Mr. Paranoid Skeeter,

I think you protest too much. That was simply put up for informational purposes.....to let everyone know what a hypocrit the man is. I like a lot of Heinz products and do not plan to boycott them because some poor twit married into a rich family, then after the tradgic death of the rich man, she returns the favor by marrying a poor twit who marries for money. More power to Cheney and Bush for, what is it you all think, them owning all the oil in the world. This is called capitalism and I'm all for it. The alternative sucks. I would rather have business men running the worlds largest business than men who have never really held an adult job in their lives. i.e. Kerry and the Lib darling Clinton. It obviously works. Our economy is booming. I'm also not too upset about outsorcing. Just ask the people that work in the Nissan plant in Tennessee, the BMW plant here in SC, and the Mercedes plant in Alabama, just to name a few. I would love to see Kerry make just these 3 companies get their butts out of here if he would ever make president. I'm sure he would spin it for "the good of these people, they just don't know it yet". Oh and also it would be Bush and Cheney's fault, somehow.

Packo