PDA

View Full Version : Latest News from the DNC!!

SuperScout
04-14-2004, 07:09 AM
[From sources buried deep within the DNC, I have been able to secure a copy of the first day of the upcoming Democrat National Convention schedule.]

6:00pm - Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:30pm - Anti-war rally no. 1.
6:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00pm - Tribute theme to France.
7:10pm - Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:25pm - Tribute theme to Spain.
7:45pm - Anti-war rally no. 2. (Moderated by Michael Moore)8:25pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30pm - Terrorist appeasement workshop.
8:45pm - anti-gun rally
9:00pm - Gay marriage ceremony.

9:30pm - * Intermission *

10:00pm - Flag burning ceremony no. 2.
10:15pm - Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss.
10:30pm - Cameo by Dean 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:35pm - Rerun of Jane Fonda's guest appearance at NVA anti-aircraft site
10:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50pm - Pledge of allegiance to the UN.
11:00pm - Double gay marriage ceremony.
11:15pm - Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:30pm - 'Free Saddam' pep rally.
11:59pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00pm - Nomination of Democrat candidate.

.... and this is just Day 1! The agenda for the second day will be posted soon!!

Andy
04-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Of course you were joking, I smiled. However, I'll bet you $100.00 that there is a gay marriage either inside the convention or on the steps outside and it gets plenty of coverage on TV. That might not help Kerry much with some folks but in Boston, NY, LA they will love it.

By the way, Teddy does not make toasts any more! Takes too much time and interrupts his drinking.

One other note. The Boston Police have not had a new contract in two years. They are threatening to picket the convention and demand that other union members/officials not cross their lines. Now that could be very interesting.

Stay healthy,
Andy

SuperScout
04-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Thank you for correcting my obvious lack of understanding about the disparity between toasting and drinking! :i: With your abiding insider knowledge of how ol' Teddy Boy operates, I defer to your impeccable credentials. And no takers on your bet about any she-ing and she-ing, or he-ing and he-ing ceremonies. :x:

Can you imagine what fun and festivities will erupt if the crazies from the Left start replicating the behavior of the 1968 convention in Chicago? To paraphrase that famous English poet, "... Oh, to be in Boston in the Fall, when cudgels adorn thy maiden's skull, and shrill anthems of bygone days echo thru the commons..." :D

colmurph
04-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey! If this keeps up, somewhere down the line we'll have a fag in the White House who is trading "White Owls" with a male intern. 'Course it won't be a Conservative Republican.

reconeil
04-14-2004, 09:54 AM
GOOD STUFF,...and especially since more so factual in politics than anywhere else that: "More truth is said in jest, than anyway else".

So then, and even though funny plays on THE REAL intent of fools aren't nearly as funny during wartime,...keep up the good work anyway. Maybe, just maybe,...you'll help get some fanatically political heads out of the sand, or out of their collective a---s? Hey,...you never know?

Besides, and since many in America still don't even realize (or refuse realizing) that War has been declared on US and thusly We are At War,...I'm sure that "They" can appreciate the levity better than most, anyway. Also, what could be funnier than the normal antics of America's most self/clique-fanatical bent,...wartime, peacetime or whenever?

Plus, maybe more of such might even help America to get away from all the purposeful political divisiveness ochestrated from within by Leftists,...and once again become a UNITED America concentrating and intent defeating a vicious, murderous and common foe, instead of treating such more so as a legalistic and/or political debate, way of attaining power and control, and even media event? Hey,...I can hope, can't I? I must believe that The Guys and Gals on The Front Lines hope so too? Wouldn't you think?

After all, and since despicable terrorism has forced MANY Guys and Gals to growup at 18-19-20 (if lucky?), shouldn't "They" at minimum expect some of their leaders twice or three times their ages calling-the-shots,...TO ALSO FINALLY GROWUP and start acting much less politically and more patriotically? I would hope so,...for the sake of ALL Americans (in or out of uniform), since life and death have no place whatsoever in surreal world of carnival politics.

Neil :d: :b:

SuperScout
04-14-2004, 03:02 PM
...from "Shallowgums," the operative's name inside the DNC, word has been received that he has obtained the draft version of Day 2's activities for the Convention!! Stayed tuned for more details.

SuperScout
04-16-2004, 07:50 AM
{Here's the tentative schedule of events for Day 2:}

5:30 - Hillary Clinton lip-synchs Tammy Wynette?s ?Stand By Yore Man?
5:50 ? French Army Chief of Staff delivers speech on ?Surrender Techniques?
5:55 - Sen. Teddy Kennedy attempts to propose another toast
6:00 ? Janet Reno delivers a speech entitled, ?Five Easy Targets: How CS Gas and Excessive Heat Makes Target Acquisition Easier ?
6:30 ? Bill Clinton lip-synchs ?For All the Girls I?ve Loved Before?
7:00 ? Anti-America rally and flag-burning ceremony (Outdoors)
7:15 ? Moment of silence tribute to displaced American ketchup factory workers
7:20 ? Sen. Ted Kennedy requests the Chairman for recognition to propose a toast
7:25 ? Chairman recognizes Sen. Kennedy after finding him in a supine position.
7:28 ? Chairman recognizes that Sen. Kennedy is supine.
7:30 ? UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan delivers keynote speech entitled, ?Quaint Accounting Practices and How to Acquire a Fortune: Food for Oil, my Foot!?

Intermission and Banquet:
Catered Dinner Menu:
Appetizers: French-Fried Flying Fingers of Fate
Assorted Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Entr?e: Saut?ed Soy Sirloin, smothered in tofu gravy
Or
Fricasseed Faux Salmon Cakes with drizzled artichoke dressing
Dessert: Flaming Liberal Frappe

8:45 ? Former Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders speaks on the nature and value of ?Partial Birth Abortion?
9:15 ? Scientific paper on ?How to Ruin the Apple Growers of America with Alar Scare-Tactics,? by Myrl Streep.
9:35 ? Former Vice President Al Gore screams at the top of his lungs for recognition.
9:38 - Convention delegates promptly ignore him.
10:00 ? Florida delegation caucuses to demand a re-scream.
10:05 - "The Dangling Chads," rock group from Florida, entertains the delegates while Floor Handlers attempt to wrest control of the microphone from Sen. Ted Kennedy who demands a re-toast.
10:15 ? John Kerry bolts for the nearest exit as Al Gore attempts to endorse him.
10:30 ? Janet Jackson and Janet Reno sing a duet as the delegates beg them both to keep their clothes on. Former President Clinton demures in begging efforts.
10:35 - Final adjournment, much to the relief of the citizens of Boston

Seascamp
04-16-2004, 08:56 AM
One of Massachusetts?s best once said something along the lines of, ?Consistency, foolish consistency, tis the hobgoblin of a little mind?. Seems like there will be no hobgoblins in Boston for the DNC convention. Ha, ha, I went to a UC ceremony a while back where some literature and plays were being cussed, discussed, honored, etc., and the agenda was nearly the same except there were a couple of gay guys in parrot costumes sans anything covering their butts, how funny. :ek:

I got yelled at by my then Mrs. for staring at the gay parrots, but heck, it isn?t every day one sees gay parrots with bare butts. Supposedly it was a formal black tie event but I think I was the only one who bought into the dress protocol and rented a tux, woe is me, ha, ha, ha. I got a fine case of sore snicker ribs out of the deal so maybe I should have brought injury litigation to the table. Oh well, it was fun and it was real but not real fun being yelled at for being such a "prude". Ha, Scamp the prude. How way cool, eh. :D

Scamp

P.S. I was given to understand that Teddy had taken the pledge and was on the wagon. Not true? Or has he fallen off and rejoined local social reality?

SuperScout
04-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Somehow, this morning, I'm having great difficulty imagining you at a cultural event that also includes bare-bottom parrot look-a-likes. Help me with the connection: parrots and poetry? Is that it? Or poetry and pulchitrude?

Can't speak with authority if Kennedy swore off booze or not, but he's still letting a terminal case of resentment spoil most of his days.

Seascamp
04-18-2004, 04:52 AM
Ha, tis true Col. I was married into a family that has a ton of Cal historical roots that date to the Bohemian era of the Big Sur and all that went with the play writes and poets of the time. The family patriarch was big pals with Jack London, John Steinbeck, etc., and was an accomplished poet and playwright.

The family digs are now a California Historical site and the copyrights and royalties from the poetry and plays are still family property. Various Cal Universities and Hollywood use the family stuff and supposedly pay some royalty fee but usually cheep-out and are in the role of groupie parasites. For a while I had a role in getting the family financial quagmire sorted out and as such went to many events where various works were being promoted or honored.
Yup, a trippy bunch for sure and way into free-style and all manner of free expression. I don?t know the significance of the bare-butt parrots beyond giving me a rip roaring case of the snickers that got me in hot water with the then Mrs. and promptly sent to the leper colony of the uncouth and un anointed. As I recall those two parrots were some kind of literature grad students at UC Santa Barbara I think and were acting out or some damn thing or another, who knows. But I suppose there is now a Cal law against former 7th pirates going to literature fund raisers, LOL. :D

Scamp