PDA

View Full Version : A Plea To Make A Military Member's Christmas Just A Little Happier:

VIETNAM 1968
12-17-2006, 08:11 AM
With Christmas and the New Year right around the corner, I am hoping that all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters will join me in trying to make a Military Member, who will be forced to spend the holidays in Walter Reed Army Medical Center, just a little happier. They probably WILL NOT even have the luxury of having friends and family to visit them, and thus bring the Military Member a little friendship and love while they get back on their feet.

Most are there because they received terrible wounds while defending the rest of us against others that desire to destroy America, and all that it represents. They know, as you all also know, that FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE. IT MUST BE PERIODICALLY PURCHASED WITH PAIN, BLOOD and SUFFERING. They chose to serve in the Military, in order to insure that the rest of us might be FREE to celebrate Christmas and the New Year as FREE AMERICANS. Now they face the upcoming Holidays in Walter Reed because of their service to the rest of us.

A long time ago I vowed that no new Veteran would be forced to go through what we all, as Vietnam Veterans, were forced to go through. That being OTHER Americans BACK HOME that were uncaring and ungrateful for our service in Vietnam. We were shunned, and spat upon, on our return. THESE VETERANS DESERVE FAR BETTER THEN WE WERE FORCED TO ENDURE!

There is a way to easily show our support for today's Veterans, and possibly some of our Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters still confined to Walter Reed as well. While you send out your Christmas Cards PLEASE make out one more card and include a little Thank You message.

The cards may be sent to:

A RECOVERING AMERICAN SERVICE MEMBER
CARE OF: WALTER REED ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
6900 GEORGIA AVENUE NORTH WEST
WASHINGTON D.C.
20307-5001

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again wish you a big heart felt:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968

b3196
12-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the info, and I'll see ya in April
Bob K

WateringHole
12-18-2006, 05:51 AM
Will do 1968

Robert Ryan
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Will send a card thank you for the info 68.

hank
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks Alan