PDA

View Full Version : Obama's DoJ to Fight for Impostion of Islamic Law, Will challenge Missouri anti-Shari

darrels joy
05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Obama's DoJ to Fight for Impostion of Islamic Law, Will challenge Missouri anti-Sharia law

As more and more states take a stand against foreign law, Obama's Department of sharia enforcement Justice is fighting the will of the American people and the Constitution. Just this week, Republicans in North Carolina proposed a bill to ban courts from using "foreign law." (More here (http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/28/1159062/bill-would-ban-courts-from-using.html), hat tip Van)

And don't think that it's not happening. Eugene Volokh at The Volokh Conspiracy (http://volokh.com/2011/04/29/will-calls-for-distribution-according-to-islamic-laws-and-sharia-pennsylvania-court-gives-twice-as-much-to-each-son-as-to-each-daughter/), April 29 (thanks to Robert (http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/04/pennsylvania-court-gives-twice-as-much-to-sons-as-to-daughters-in-inheritance-case-after-will-calls.html)): "Will Calls for Distribution 'According to Islamic Laws and Sharia'; Pennsylvania Court Gives Twice as Much to Each Son as to Each Daughter,"
Prof. Abbass Alkhafaji died, and left a will that apparently said, in relevant part,
(4) About my pension, the beneficiaries are all my biological kids and my current wife, ... after reducing all costs associated with the house....

[The] rest of the pension, if any left, should be divided according to Islamic Laws and Sharia....

(9) In case I have additional monetary benefits from my job, such as life insurance, 401K, 403B or any other retirement funds that I am not aware of, Allah as my witness, They should be divided, after costs associated with the payment of those funds according to Islamic Laws and “Sharia.”
[...]
(1) May a court interpret a will — or a contract, deed, trust instrument, or what have you — that calls for the application of religious law (whether Islamic law, Jewish law, canon law, or any other religious law)? Or does the Establishment Clause preclude courts from deciding what, say, Islamic law actually requires, at least if there’s a controversy between the parties about what the “true” interpretation of the religious law should be? [...]

Here’s my tentative answer to question (1), based on an earlier post: I think courts must refuse to interpret religious terms of wills and other such documents, because of what I call the No Religious Decisions strand of Establishment Clause caselaw. Here’s a very brief summary of that strand: In a long line of cases (such as Presbyterian Church in the United States v. Mary Elizabeth Blue Hull Memorial Presbyterian Church (1969)), the Supreme Court held that secular courts may not resolve religious questions, such as which rival church group most closely follows orthodox church teachings. Some states had rules, borrowed from English law, under which the more orthodox group would get to keep the church property, presumably on the theory that this would be more in keeping with what was intended by past donors to the church. But the Court held that such rules may not constitutionally be applied by civil courts...
U.S. Attorney says Justice Department will challenge Missouri anti-Sharia law (http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/04/us-attorney-says-justice-department-will-challenge-missouri-anti-sharia-law.html) Jihadwatch

No state would be contemplating anti-Sharia laws were it not for Sharia's political and supremacist aspects, and its elements that are at variance with Constitutional freedoms -- notably, its denial of the freedom of speech and the freedom of conscience, and of equality of rights for women and non-Muslims. But it is doubtful in the extreme that the Obama Justice Department will give the anti-Sharia side a fair hearing. It will rule that such laws violate religious freedom, without considering Sharia's political aspects in any way.

"U.S. Attorney: Feds Could Challenge Missouri Anti-Sharia Legislation," by John H. Tucker for the Riverfront Times (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2011/04/islamophobia_st_louis_islamic_foundation.php), April 29 (thanks to Creeping Sharia (http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/muslim-us-attorney-if-anti-sharia-legislation-passes-in-mo-doj-will-challenge/)):
U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri Richard Callahan visited the Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis last night to address the fears and frustrations of Muslim Americans who worry they are being racially profiled and wiretapped -- and to assure them that the Missouri Legislature's attempts to ban Sharia law from being considered in state courts here could face Constitutional challenges.
Seated in front of a large Muslim audience during a town hall-style meeting at the Ballwin mosque, Callahan anchored a panel that included fellow federal attorneys (one of whom was Muslim American), as well as three members of the FBI.

The tenor of the night was polite and respectful, but several members of the crowd expressed anger over what they perceive to be rising trends of Islamophobia in America over the past couple years, citing people burning the Koran and communities banning mosques as examples.

"There is a worse kind of Muslim hatred recently," said Adil Imdad, one of the event's organizers.

"Especially in the last two years, Islamophobia and fear-mongering have been spreading like wildfire, and it's causing a lot of stress for our youth."
Funny thing, Imdad: jihad terrorism and Islamic supremacism are causing non-Muslim Americans a lot of stress.
The problem is now hitting a little closer to home, said Imdad, pointing to three bills currently circulating through the state legislature that seek to limit Sharia law (Islamic law) in Missouri courts.

Sharia law could come into play in rulings considering child custody or prisoner rights for Muslims. As we've reported, the bills have become a source of controversy.

Callahan responded by hinting that, should anti-Sharia legislation get passed by the Missouri Legislature, it could be overturned by the federal courts. "The Department of Justice has a good history of challenging laws passed by state legislatures," he said. "If some laws are passed, I think you will see challenges by the federal government on the constitutionality of them."...

Zia Faruqui, the Muslim American attorney on the panel, spoke to the crowd using several Arabic phrases, encouraging them to avoid hiding. He defended the justice system, citing 50 prosecutions in recent years against people charged with anti-Muslim crimes.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/04/obamas-doj-to-fight-for-impostion-of-islamic-law-will-challenge-missouri-anti-sharia-law.html

reconeil
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I thought that DOJ was American People's Department of Justice, and not just Obama's & Holder's?

Besides, how come one repeatedly feigning: "I pray to Jesus every night" always DICTATES policies favoring Islam, Muslims, Sharia Law, Criminally Illegal Aliens & foreign nationals in general,...OVER Our Forefathers' Judeo/Christian American Values & People, anyway?

Do others pay Barry or Barack & Eric THAT MUCH BETTER???

Neil