The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Psyco Vets 10th anniversary spring rush (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107195)

Doc.2/47 03-24-2009 08:43 AM

bOOger-

Donny had planned to go but his work place had to cut back everyone's hours and has been useing vacation hrs. to keep as much in the paychecks as possible. Presently unknown if he can get away. Not looking too good.

frisco-kid 03-26-2009 04:59 PM

Sid and John: I won't be making it out this year. One of my sisters had a heart attack a few weeks ago, so we have decided to go spend some time with her instead. She's doing quite well now, but had four stints put in. Now that we've moved about 1,000 miles away from her [S.F. Bay Area], we decided it's the thing to do. I know all of you guys understand. All of you will be missed, but will see you next year for sure.

Packo 03-27-2009 04:27 AM

# f_k$% 10

I am sure we will all have at least one in your honor. I totally understand, but will not seem the same without you.

Pack

1CAVCCO15MED 03-27-2009 10:44 AM

I'm driving myself to see my sister Crossvile,Tn this weekend by myself to see how I do. Trying to get ready for Georgia.

Packo 03-28-2009 05:32 AM

Doc Fred

Paul will be coming through Asheville from Morgantown, WV. If you can't drive, he may be able to meet you and Shirley somewhere in Asheville. Keep me posted. Your a little out of the way for me, well A LOT out of the way for me, but if necessary, Doc David and me can get you. Rather not....but not out of the relm of possibility. I still think Paul would be the best solution if you can't drive. Actually, you guys could meet in the Honeymoon Capital of the World, Wytheville. He's gotta come right through there.

Pack

frisco-kid 03-28-2009 11:08 AM

A good rate.

I just cancelled our reservation at the Best Western Motel in Elijay. I've stayed there a couple of times in the past. This year, when I mentioned the campout, they gave me a special rate of $60. It's a comfortable, clean, quiet, place that serves a Continental breakfast. It's down on the main highway not too far from Wal-Mart. It's up on a hill on the opposite side of the highway.

The other place that several of us have stayed at wouldn't dicker on price. I don't remember the name, but it's the one down by the highway junction near the Burger King.

So, if you're not going to sleep in your rig, tent, on the cabin floor or the shuffleboard table, or wherever you pass out by the fire pit, give the Best Western a call and mention that you're there for the reunion.

QM3steve 03-29-2009 04:53 AM

LT and Bob,
I got the Ballantine Ale and a source of the original Taylor ham. The ham has to be made of gold at the price! What quantity of ham do you want LT?

b3196 03-30-2009 03:37 AM

Steve
John and I will be toasting the two people that helped bring us into this world so yall can enjoy our company 60 + years later. as far as the Taylor ham goes Price is no object, get the big one....... I really like spending other people's money. :)
Its also a tradition to stay at the flea bag hotel Pack mentioned. It's close, we all get to use the showers, you can rinse out the used condoms left on the floor, Great continential breakfast, we just cant figure out what continent it came from. Your job in the morning is to get a to-go bag for about 25 people. Don't let Pack in your room, he has a tendency to leave skid marks on your pillow before he takes his shower.

1CAVCCO15MED 03-30-2009 10:33 AM

I think I can make it. 16 os Red Bulls and don't pee until the last minute keeps a man alert!

PHO127 04-07-2009 03:13 AM

15 and a wake-up

OK guys thing are getting short, This is much better than Christmas. Have a couple of new guys, that are going to show up old friends o'boy.

going to make a big shrimp jambulaya again this year, ordered the pig yesterday. going to cut logs for the firepit this week. Headed to alabama for cmp project in the morning.

Life Is Good.