The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Korean War II? (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29041)

BLUEHAWK 09-12-2003 05:27 AM

Humper -
I see what you were meaning... god awful odds.

I'm glad you are here, sandstorm comin' on

Later

the humper 09-12-2003 05:46 AM

To D & B

When you see a reply from me, it's for the others who were never able too!!!!!!
And believe me, I'm mighty glad to be their representative!!!!
SF
NC

DMZ-LT 09-12-2003 06:22 AM

Same , same Humper. Thanks again

MORTARDUDE 09-12-2003 06:30 AM

Welcome Home Humper !

Thanks for your service !

Larry

BLUEHAWK 09-20-2003 06:01 AM

Extraordinarily fine and lengthy article about North Korea, in September 8, 2003 issue of The New Yorker:

"Letter From Korea: Alone in the Dark", Is Kim Jong Il just a madman, or does he know exactly what to do to survive?

by: Philip Gourevitch
Pages 54 - 75

Very persuasive case for a UN-sanctioned or multilateral military effort to rid that region of another dangerous criminal despot... nukes or not.

the humper 09-20-2003 06:05 AM

HAWK!!!!!!

Thought so, we've been there, done that. Folks in the New Yorker are now coming around to the questions you put forth, here. ( And some, don't keep up with affairs in that region or the survey wouldn't be as it reflects, cause 50+ years has not made a difference)
SF
NC
And the answers, shouldn't change!!!!!

BLUEHAWK 09-20-2003 06:24 AM

Humper -
I'm sure you are right about that, man...

This is the first article of its kind I've seen in that magazine, which reaches a gazillion people, so I'm hoping it will have some effect on thinking around this country, or maybe even on PF.

Thing is, it could have been even longer... its a pretty scary piece of writing as it is.

I have come to the conclusion that 50 years has not made a difference, too.

skeeter 11-05-2003 04:59 PM

To All You Good Men, Mort, Humper, DMZ-Lt, and all the others here I failed to mention, I'm pleased to be in your company. I served my time(24 yrs. Navy) and spent 20 months piloting a Navy jet over N. Korea. I think I had it good, at least had a warm meal each day, and a warm bed to lay my head. I had a brother in the 1st Calvery there at the same time I was there(9/51-9/53). I feel for you when you had to spend time in that miserable cold mountain country, and there is not one part of it worth one American serviceman life.
I would like to say, if we went back there today, we could not win. Those N. Korean are better trained and fighter than what was there in the early 50's. But if asked, I would climb back in that cockpit and do the same.. Only this time, I want to pick where I'm to drop the bombs. I hope you understand,, no American should leave a front line in defeat.

the humper 11-06-2003 06:42 AM

SKEET!!!!!

There is NOTHING more pleasing in a Grunts' eyes, than when they have to take the next objective, than to look overhead and see a plane coming in, blowing the hell out of your objective. Certainly helped us, MANY times and THANK YOU!!!
SF
NC

BLUEHAWK 11-06-2003 06:54 AM

Skeeter -
Welcome, from a zoomie... glad to have you aboard!