The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Words (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42189)

Stick 05-13-2006 04:29 AM

Re: Ahh,...

Quote:

Originally posted by SEATJERKER ...

...the4 f***in' reply box don't come up quick enough,...

...F*** You,...

..."so they were "f***ing screaming", does that make it sound any more """"worse""""" then it already was,...

..."Deal with it",...

...There is always someone else that has dealt with something worse,...

Ain't nobody locked and loaded here Curtis. I've been shot at too but "That was yesterday and yesterday's gone."

Doc.2/47 05-13-2006 05:35 AM

Long ago I was about to complete what most interested observers had long considered to be an utterly impossible act-I was about to graduate High School. I had made it all the way to the last minutes of the last hour of the last day of my sentence to that illustrious institution of lower learning. And it was not just any institution of lower learning, it was a private religeous academy sponsored by one of the most dogmatic religeous cults infesting the Bible Belt. But it ain't over till it's over.

Now I cannot claim to know for a fact why schools require students to wear such silly outfits in order to graduate, but I strongly suspect that it is to enable the staff to get in one final laugh at the student's expense. That "gown" thing was very nearly my undoing due to the fact that it was aproximately 4 feet longer than my legs. On about my third step up the stone steps I tripped on my skirts and my face made immediate and violent contact with the stone resulting in considerable blood flow from my newly squished nose.

"Oh dear(snicker snicker)! Exclaimed one of the teachers rushing over. "What has happened(snicker)?"

"I tripped over this damn dress " I said(like a true idiot).

Now I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack but I could see from the way she threw her head back and squinted down her nose that this conversation was headed downhill rather rapidly. "Well,"She hissed in a voice somewhat cooler than the wind over a polar icecap."If you just said what I think you said, that dress will not be a problem because you will not be graduating."

"Uh...darn dress?"(Head shake)
"...dang dress?" (Head shake)
"Ya know...I don't think I said anything."
She gave me a long hard stare then huffed away.

And so I learned my final lesson there-sometimes it's wisest to keep your mouth shut. And-failing that-a baldfaced lie can come in handy.

goodnessgracie 05-13-2006 08:35 AM

Hal,

That's beautiful-- mean it!!!

BTW,

What is it that makes one combination of letters offensive and another acceptable? Naturally I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here, but perhaps I'd do well to know these things before the merde hits the ventilateur over one of my posts.

(Oh, HORRORS!!! The things those poor little French children can read on the Internet.)

locksly 05-13-2006 04:52 PM

Mostly the Norman words for body parts are functions are Ok but the Anglo Saxon words are taboo and thus cuss words, it goes back to William the first Norman King of England who spoke French not Anglo Saxon. .

1CAVCCO15MED 05-13-2006 08:16 PM

Manure sounds so much more elegant than shit. That is the legacy of the Normans defeating the Anglo-Saxons. English is now a mixture of German and French and to the victors belong the acceptable words.

goodnessgracie 05-14-2006 09:47 AM

Ja wohl!!! So do we now go about calling each other schweinhund? What could possibly be offensive about a compound word of a pig and a dog?