The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Pysco Vets question (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25206)

MORTARDUDE 02-27-2003 10:09 AM

Thinking and praying for you...

Curtis...hang in there Bro'

Larry

catman 02-27-2003 12:55 PM

Curtis...know some of what you are going through. VA in Minneapolis helped me quite a bit and as Griz said, you are not alone. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed brother and keep us updated.

Trav

SEATJERKER 02-27-2003 01:11 PM

time, time, ticking...

...have been sittin' here pondering the arrival of the morning appointment, and how much i really don't want to go through the turmoil of self explanition again when i get the call...

...My counseler called, and said that he's not feeling good, and probably wouldn't be in tomorrow...

...figures...

1CAVCCO15MED 02-27-2003 09:56 PM

Curtis,

I wrote a little something while I was in Salem. It pretty well explains my attitude about PTSD.

I hate PTSD, not with a blinding all encompassing hate for that would give PTSD yet another power over me, but more with the firm resolve to resist such as that felt by someone living in a conqured land might feel for his conquerer.

PTSD is in me but it is not of me. It occupies me but it will never conquer me. I hold fast to the things that are of me and continually inspect and reject things that are of it. Only by holding it out at arm's length away from me can I resist its continual attempts to entwine and then to smother me. I hold none of its tenets good, acceptable, or suitable.

I am neither mystified nor awed of PTSD's considerable power over me. Instead, I will contemptuously study it, attacking any weaknesses. I have no choice but to die someday still occupied with PTSD but I will die with my hand around its throat.

phuloi 03-01-2003 12:05 AM

Well said,Fred..Right on!

39mto39g 03-01-2003 06:32 AM

Whos in charge

of the pysco vets stuff.

Ron

PHO127 03-01-2003 06:37 AM

Me

Got your PM will send answer in short, short. In meantime go to www.psycovets.com

Leg 03-01-2003 06:48 AM

PTSD. Another Place, Another Time

Even Cowgirls get the blues :(

The following is a quote from a Guy Sajer, a Wermacht soldier on the Eastern Front during WWII. I think it is VERY appropriate to Vietnam and the soldiers of all wars.

"A day came when I should have died, and after that nothing seemed very important.
"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, separated from the normal human condition."

While in Vietnam, like all of you, there were days when I should have died, but lived while others died. Since my return, I have felt, like Guy Sajer, separated from the normal human condition (whatever that may be).

ArtySgt 03-01-2003 03:30 PM

Leg,

You might enjoy reading " Blood Red Snow " by Gunter K. Koschorrek.

ArtySgt 03-01-2003 03:47 PM

PHO 127

Forgot to mention my second hat arrived today, looks great. I plan to order a third soon. Thanks for the bumper stickers.