The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Happy Birthday, SuperScout! (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43830)

82Rigger 12-22-2006 11:45 PM

Happy Birthday, SuperScout!

Today is Brice's birthday.

His profile says he is 65 today, but I have it on good authority that the first weapon the Army issued him was a flintlock. :D

Have a GREAT day, ya ornery Texan!

Scouts out!

Packo 12-23-2006 05:41 AM

65! Wow, is that OLD! Happy Birthday. It's nice having a friend that's old enough to be my father!

Pack

DMZ-LT 12-23-2006 05:57 AM

Happy birthday Brice ! enjoy that oatmeal and prunes tonight. SCOUTS OUT SIR !!

revwardoc 12-23-2006 06:01 AM

65! So tell me, Scout, what was it really like at the Alamo! Happy Birthday! Hope you don't get screwed out of any Christmas gifts.

Bill Farnie 12-23-2006 06:48 AM

Happy B-Day Brice (another old coot)

b3196 12-23-2006 07:03 AM

Hmmmmm......65. what does that entitle you to. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and 50% off any lot lizard between Cal. and NY......HOLY$HIT!!! are you old.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brice!!!!
bOOger

Seascamp 12-23-2006 07:15 AM

Actually it was a match lock musket, a belt Scottish Claymore and one of them pointy tin hats. But shush now, let?s not give it all away. ;)

Happy Birthday, Col. Brice.

Scamp

Keith_Hixson 12-23-2006 07:19 AM

Happy Birthday!

You are now a geezer! Yeah!

Geezer Brice. Sounds Cool

Keith :D

Robert Ryan 12-23-2006 09:53 AM

Happy B-Day Scout, hope you enjoy your day.

reconeil 12-23-2006 01:56 PM

SuperScout...

Brice,

Don't let them get you with that: "Flintlock" business.
Being a few years older than you, The Army still supplied me with
an M1-Garand and finest and most reliable weapon ever made.
Besides, can't thread a needle at 500 yards with an M-16.

Regardless Youngster Have A Happy!,...
and easy on the sauce. :) :) :)

Neil

SparrowHawk62 12-23-2006 04:55 PM

Super Scout, May I wish you the happiest of birthdays, and may many more follow that are even happier!

SparrowHawk62 12-23-2006 04:57 PM

By the way the guys who said you were issued a Flintlock, well they were all issued rocks!

Jerry D 12-23-2006 05:19 PM

Happy birthday Brice !:g:

catman 12-23-2006 05:25 PM

Hope you have a great one! SCOUTS OUT!!!!!

Trav

MORTARDUDE 12-23-2006 09:45 PM

Congratulations !! Happy Birthday !!

Larry

SuperScout 12-24-2006 06:51 AM

Wow! What a Ride!

What more can a man ask for, at least in polite company, than being surrounded by family, good friends, excellent health, and a forgiving Savior! Gifts from my lovely bride, visits from our children, reality permitting, the ability to split 1/2 of a cord of firewood before a most welcome, soaking rain set in to really make the fire in the fireplace a point of reflection and warmth. Life is good!!!

Now, to address all you wonderful folks, some individually

82Rigger: flintlock my foot! Us Scots preferred claymores and sharp pointy things called swords! Quieter that way!

Packy: Careful - if I'm that old, I'm also old enough to discipline you. Now drop and give me twenty!

LT: the GI system still functions like a 21 year old, as do ALL the other body parts. Eat your heart out!

revwardoc: don't know what it was like at the Alamo. I was the one outside scouting for reinforcements, thrill-seeking senoritas, and a fast horse. For the last 50+ years, I get screwed every Christmas, heh heh!

bOOger: thoroughly enjoyed your call yesterday! I really ain't old, compared to the live oaks now enjoying a long soaking rain!

Seascamp: you're the only one that even came close! Claymores indeed!

Keith: that's COL geezer to you! Now where's my therapy?

RR: thanks for the good words! I generally enjoy every day - can't always sy the same thing for folks around me!

Neil: just glad I didn't have to hump all that heavy M1 ammo! My sauce these days is for the BBQ!

SH62: yep, some of my erstwhile detractors don't have that far to reach to pick up those rocks. Maybe they'll learn to walk upright yet!

JerryD and Trav and Larry: thanks to youse guys for the kind words.

... and to Bern and Dave, thanks for the pm and more importantly, for being some of my heroes, for creating this wonderful cyber space for us!

Seascamp 12-24-2006 07:17 AM

Figured I had ya figured.......... :D

"The name Scottish claymore is thought to be from claidheamh m?r?a Gaelic term meaning "big sword". However, another theory suggests it comes from claidheamh da lamh, literally "two-hand sword."
Two-handed (Highland) claymore
The two-handed claymore was a large sword used in the Medieval period. It was used in the constant clan warfare and border fights with the English from circa 1300 to 1700."

Scamp

Keith_Hixson 12-24-2006 02:02 PM

Happy Birthday!

Colonel Geezer, sir!

Keith :D

Been doing lots of research on your Armanian Bible. Some interesting things.

melody1181 12-24-2006 04:40 PM

Its a bit late but hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

goodnessgracie 12-24-2006 10:29 PM

Oh, Brice, Dahling,

My best birthday wishes to ya!

MARINEVET 12-24-2006 11:03 PM

Ahhhhhh Colonel Brice...since I don't know which one of us made Colonel first, I'll simply show my marked deference because of your ADVANCED AGE...!!!! I mean heck, you have six months on me...!

Seriously Brice, and altho a couple days late, please allow me to wish you a very HAPPY if somewhat Belated BIRTHDAY...!

Semper Fi from the Cold & Muddy Sands of Kandahar,

SuperScout 12-25-2006 10:01 AM

WVM

... and a blessed event for you as well. Congrats to you and others involved in the elimination of one of the bad guys in Helmand province, my daughter's old stompin' grounds. Thanks tons for the kind words, and since I out-age you, the order of the day is STAY SAFE!

Scouts Out!!!
Brice

MARINEVET 12-27-2006 08:22 AM

Scout:

...may have got another one today but too early to tell. Whatever the case, we got their attention!

Also had another suicide bomber attack today (about eight hours ago...1330 local) btwn here and Kandahar City...more bad guys than ever have stayed around the area this year than anyone can remember. Most HAVE gone to the mountains, but several hundred have remained in the Southern AO.

Wishing ALCON a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Semper Fi from the COLD & Frozen Mud of Kandahar,

Packo 12-27-2006 10:24 AM

Lobo,

I told you not to take your golf clubs there....you'd be much to busy. Now maybe you'll listen!

Happy New Year!

Pack

MARINEVET 12-28-2006 07:11 AM

YO PACK-MAN...

...the retired Army CSM who is our G1 Mentor (Advisor) is an avid golfer...SIX (6) handicap...has a pitching wedge and a little utility wood (metal)...a 5 wood of sorts...and...a hunk of carpet. We hit some plastic balls off it a couple times a week.

Interestingly, our little PX here often has some department store grade clubs...folks buy'm (like Ernie did with the little utility wood)...don't mind if they ding'm up over here...only cost like $20/$30. Here on KAF, if it ain't dusty sand (which is now mud), it's gravelled in, so there's really not much to hit from IF you don't have a carpet.

Gotta make do with whatchya got...and...Warriors have been doing that for centuries!

Just takin' some incoming...s'long for awhile....!

MARINEVET 12-28-2006 08:04 AM

WELL THAT WAS...

RUDE AS HELL...! :26:

Couple 122s...not very close...over behind the gravel pit somewhere...hopefully not in any of the Log Support areas.

Altho not close, they're always "attention gainers" as most of you know...never know WHEN they're comin' or WHERE they're gonna land! :27:

Later on good folks....

Semper Fi from the Cold, Windy and (frozen) Muddy Sands of Kandahar

El Lobo Viejo Griz de Kandahar

locksly 01-01-2007 04:34 PM

Its a bit late but hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

SuperScout 01-01-2007 05:06 PM

locksly

Good thoughts are never too late! Thanks tons.

Hey Marinevet! Order of the Day: keep a lower profile than you think necessary. Thanks for the SITREP's and know that you are surrournded by our prayers from here.

Brice
Scouts Out!!

MARINEVET 01-02-2007 06:59 AM

Solid Copy Scout...

...low a profile as my beat up ol' bod will allow...thanks Brice!

As for SITREPs...wish I could share more but you know the deal. In that regard, and I know I'm jinxing the issue, but it's been real quiet the last few days around here. All y'all know what I mean...just a little TOO quiet so I'm wonderin' what's up? It is their Eid Holiday, so that does have some effect, but it's kinda eerie...!

I was thinkin' this morning, while out on Camp Shir Zai, walking to the Head (Latrine) trailer...wrapped in my Gortex parka...right at 30 degrees out...thinkin'...here I am...cold as hell...and makin' the same walk that three months ago woulda found the morning temp at about 100...and by 1300...about 130+ in the shade...not a lotta places in the world that have that sort of annual temp ranges...100+ degrees! May get down into the hi 20s tonite. Lot worse up in the mountains, tho, and even up the road in Kabul, it's usually 15 degrees or so cooler/colder. Just a little trivia some might find interesting.

Semper Fi to all from the Cooooold Sands of Kandahar,

El Lobo Viejo Griz de Kandahar

frisco-kid 01-02-2007 08:22 AM

Brice

Been gone since 22DEC06 to WY to spend the holidays with our daughter and her family, so just now getting around to wishing you a HAPPY BELATED B'DAY YOU OL' CURMUDGEON.

I wish you many more.

Raggedy Ann 01-02-2007 08:39 AM

Brice
Happy Birthday! Wow, you were 12 years old when I was born. :)

Raggedy Ann