The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marines (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Morning Coffee! ;) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25033)

wrbones 11-18-2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by philly

In writing, hearing and listening are all messed up. Because you can't see the person's expressions to really know where they are coming from. So, things can be left to be misconstrued and feelings can be hurt when intention to hurt wasn't the intent. :r:
Yep! I've been on both sides of that one!! LOL>

philly 11-18-2003 11:08 PM

Okay, I'm ready for some more of your wisdom Bones. It's most enjoyable reading. :a:

philly 11-18-2003 11:21 PM

Life is so precious. I have had dark moments of dispair in my life. I've been on the receiving end of forearm to the throat choking me and etc. I've seen a lot of troubles growing up too. To end one's life because you have heartache or dispair isn't acceptable to me.

The other night, I had an incoming 911 call from a dependent. His wife is over in Kuwait. He frantically told me he shot himself. I asked the necessary questions and got the LE and EMS rolling. Come to find out his house was immaculate..nothing out of place. He had starched and creased pants and had on a white starched dress shirt.

He told me there was blood all around his living room. Come to find out, he had very little. He shot himself with a .380 in the leg. He did not hit his artery...didn't even come close. I stayed on the line with him until LE cleared scene so that EMS could go in and treat him.

He typed a note with his wife's information before he shot himself. He had earplugs in his ears when our firemen entered. It was a cry out for help or to get his wife back home. Who knows. With all of the crippled children and mentally handicapped people there are, this bafoon has a healthy body and mind and then he attempts to kill himself over his wife supposedly seeing someone else. I say walk away buddy. Get the necessary help to get you over her.

We had another young kid 20 years old hang himself two weeks ago. What a sad state of mind it was for everyone. What could have been so terrible for him to take his life. There are so many people who want to live! There are so many people like Christopher Reeves who continues to push himself beyond limits. He wants to have the ability to walk again. I just don't get it..

wrbones 11-18-2003 11:22 PM

I'm only good fer once a day, darlin'. 'Sides, most folks don't have time to read a lot of stuff early inna mornin'. I gotta keep it kinda short.

Ya gone back and caught up on the minutes of the old meetin's of our little coffee klatch(sp) here?

The book ain't gonna be out til well after the first of the year!
(the illustrator is busy catchin' up on some old business right now)

Ya got any specific questions, drop me an email. I'll do what I can for ya! ;)

wrbones 11-18-2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by philly Life is so precious. I just don't get it..
Nuthin' much you can do for folks, sometimes. Do the best ya can and keep movin'.

Depression is a deep dark hole that's hard top get out of, no matter what happens that's good in yer life.

Mornin' Coffee has a lot of purposes, one of them bein' to get folks to stop and think and understand that tomorrow's another day with new chances and new opportunties. We just have to be aware and pay attention, and even to sometimes look at things from another point of view.

If I don't have a different point of view on things, nobody does! :D I'm a little different in some ways than most folks. I mean, I think alliteration is pretty cool stuff, don't ya know. If it was good enuff fer Dr. Suess, it's good enuff fer me!

philly 11-18-2003 11:29 PM

Bones,

I find your writings very interesting and down to earth. I'm just sitting behind the console waiting for a 911 call..just killing time here. (hopefully the night will be slow and all will be safe) I will definitely catch up on your past writings. Thanks for the cup of coffee, my friend. :)

wrbones 11-18-2003 11:35 PM

You're entirely welcome, darlin'.

I'll share my personal mottos with ya.

Don't let the bastards get ya down.

Always get up. It pisses the bastards off. (if ya piss 'em off, that's when ya got 'em whipped. They're gonna do somethin' real stupid when they get mad. Just keep yer head and yer gonna whip 'em.)

Always, but always keep the bastards guessin'!

philly 11-18-2003 11:39 PM

Bones,

I don't understand why some people don't appreciate the gifts they were born with. I suppose it has a lot to do with depression..

Right you are Bones. Every day is a new day and should be thought of as a new beginning. :a: :a: Thanks

Mom 11-18-2003 11:42 PM

I just stoped by to see what the Marines were up to. I liked the sound of it. A friend of mine is a Marine. Disabled and not wearing the uniform anymore but a Marine none the less. Quiet, shy IF you didn't know better. I'd say if all Marine were like him then the rep is qenuine. Ever know someone who If they said the sky was purple with pink polka dots you wouldn't doubt them?...just wonder how the hell it happened. And who did it.

Nice to know there are a couple more out and about....

philly 11-18-2003 11:45 PM

Bones,

Your a funny kind of fellar. :a: :a: I'm not sure if I got the lingo right. I'm a city slicker. :cl: Well, actually, that's not quite true these days. Since moving to the southwest, I've taken an interest in riding horses. My first lesson is Thursday afternoon. Yes, I have to take lessons. lol I'm a big chicken. lol I tried to ride a horse a couple of weeks ago for a trail ride and chickened out before I got out of the corral. :f: The horse nearly ran me into a small building for some grass. I pulled back on his reins but he kept moving his head back and forth and up and down. He did an exit stage right and I nearly hit the building. lol

So, I decided I'd take lessons to get me used to being on a horse. I don't know how much they'll help this city slicker, but I'm going to give it a whirl. ;)