The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marines (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Morning Coffee! ;) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25033)

wrbones 03-30-2003 11:54 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and get settled! Daylight's a comin'! Paper'll be here inna bit and we can see what's goin' on in the burg.

Well, JChristin read some of my scribblin' in that Support Our Troops rally in Portland yesterday. She's keepin' me waitin', though. The little fart. Hasn't told me how it went over. I guess they had some big wigs there, too. About time some of those politicos jumped on the wagon. Now if the media would only report on those the way they do on the other folks. There's a lot of those pro America type rallies goin' on around the country right now. Folks just don't hear about all of them. Lots of web sites of one sort or another about it, too. Looks like we ain't alone!

I've spent some time playin' around with a buncha liberals on a liberal newspaper forum from the west coast. Well, it's quicker than emailin' all of them all of the time! LOL. They are so easy. Ya just gotta throw a few facts at 'em and make 'em stay on the topic, is all. They get lost when ya do that fer some reason. I almost feel like I'm cheatin' on this place! LOL. But it's so much fun and I ain't gotta worry about a jealous husband shootin' me!! I don't think, so, anyway.....No. It ain't as good as sex! It's kinda fun, though! ;)

There's a lot to think about in all of this, if ya an find a minute. The leeft wingers and the right wingers have a point about the government, though. Neither side really trusts the government. That's a good thing really. That's a part of bein' responsible for yer self and for yer fella Amerians as well. Always watch those who operate in the positions of power. They might get carried away if ya don't.

Other thing is that the two extremes are really startin' to sound a lot alike to me anymore. That's kinda funny in an ironic sort of way. Neither one of them trust Ashcroft or the patriot act. Some kinda karma circular thing goin' on there. Just hope it's not a circle jerk is all! LOL.

I don't figger folks should all agree all of the time, but when two totally opposed pole of thougt start agreein' by accident....that stretches reality a bit for me! I start lookin' fer some character inna corner in a cheap suit smokin' a cigarette! LOL.

Now. This is by way of tellin' ya to pay attention, folks! It's an interesting time we're goin' through. Ain't nothin' nowhere gonna be the same when it's through. Some kinda revolution is goin' on, both politically and socially. We need to pay attention. We haven't begun to see how 9-11 has changed our reality. At this point, the permutations are almost endless.....It's good to be alive!!

Warm up yer coffee, folks! Get yer head wrapped around yer day! Ya still gotta take out the trash and earn a livin'! We'll do alright! It ain't over til it's over! ;)

It's a new day! A new opportunity! Go out and take advantage of it!

wrbones 03-31-2003 11:21 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better get some! Day ain't gettin' any younger, ya know! Paper'll be around inna bit!

I been kinda thinkin' again....yeah, yeah...Drink yer coffee! You'll have yer turn! LOL. I got to wonderin' about things that don't fit yer doctrine. You know. The things that ya think ya believe and the things that ya think ya know why ya believe 'em. Every so often in life we run up against such things. One bad example is goin' to another country. Ya know it's gonna be different, but ya didn't think it was gonna be THAT different! ...or maybe ya run across a situation that just totally ain't what ya think it looks like.Yep. Life is a magician on ya sometimes. It pulls that ol' sleight of hand trick on ya and it ain't much fun! LOL. Things like that kinda make ya step back and re-think yer whole world view. "Where do things fit NOW!". See, everything ya know and believe should fit more or less together. Not as tight as a jigsaw puzzle, maybe, but like that. One kinda positive change of this sort is havin' kids! Talk about re-arrangin' yer internal landscape! Yeah, there's that biological thing goin' there, but it does a number on yer thinkin' and on yer way of lookin' at things afterwards.

Visitin' with some folks will do that to ya. I once knew a doctor who was a Levite as well. Very good doc and kind as well. Thing is that ol' boy could walk right through any metaphysical walls ya had up like they weren't even there! That'll re-arrange yer landscape, too! Still messin' with my head! LOL. Ya run across things like that sometimes. Some little thing they say or do. Some accident, whether good or bad. A success. A failure. A wedding. A divorce. A birth. A death....and yet some things...some things go so far beyond that in their impact on us..... Things that re-arrange yer landscape....

The thing is, do ya break...or do ya bend a little bit and go back to where ya were before....or do ya grow and learn and become more than you were?

Warm up yer coffee, folks. Daylight's a burnin'! We got another day to get it all sorted out! One of these days we just might get 'er done! It's a new day! A new opportunity! Go out and take advantage of it!

wrbones 04-01-2003 11:41 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin' this mornin'! Have ya had yer coffee yet? Well, coffee's on! Go ahead and grab a up! Paper'll be along inna bit....I wonder if I paid the bill this month......

Well, life goes on, don't it! I watered the yard for the first time this year! Probably shoulda done it earlier but it woulda all froze up overnight! LOL. So, I'm startin' those spring time things some of y'all been doin' fer a bit already. Right around forty outside right now, though. Looks like my bulbs are comin' up. I oughta clean that bed out a bit today or tomorrow. Get those few leaves outa there that I missed last fall. I look forward to seein' those day lilies again. They were pretty! The Irises oughta bloom a bit more. Second year for them. The few that bloomed last year were beautiful!

I might work on the skirting this year. It's a bit fraggled here and there. What? Didn't ya know I have a small bit of red neck heaven? Pretty cool, really. Cheap, dry and reasonably warm! LOL. Ain't bad 'cept fer the one neighbor. They're more red neck than red necks are! LOL. If I mention who they are you'll call me racist! LOL. Don't matter to me. If I like ya, I like ya. If I don't, I don't. Life is! People are people, it don't matter... 'cept fer left wingers. I havin' my doubts bout some of them....LOL.

I don't know that I have anything deep or multi-layered today. Just sittin' here havin' coffee and thinkin' about summer at last! Now in a couple months, I'll be hollerin' about the heat, but that ain't happened yet...not this year anyway!

Yard looks like it'll do ok. I need to get some weed and feed for it, I reckon. Keep it kinda green. One of the neighbor's had his wife get on him last summer about their yard after I told her how little I spent on mine. Best yard inna neighborhood, I spend less than thirty dollars a year on it all together. He ain't happy to see me anymore for some reason. He don't bum smokes anymore, so I guess that's ok, too! LOL. He owes me a pack come to think of it.....

Warm up yer coffee, folks! Won't be long til we can have it on the deck in the morning! Won't that be nice! Sit outside and watch the sun come up!

We'll get 'er right! It's a new day! A new opportunity! Another chance to go out and take advantage of it, maybe!

wrbones 04-02-2003 11:07 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Get some while it's fresh and hot! Grab a siddown and relax fer a bit. Day ain't quite started yet! Paper'll be along after a bit! Maybe....

Well, what are we visitin' over today! I've been so busy with that online ativism stuff, I dang near fergot about anything to visit over! I got Daschle all riled up...I think...Hard to tell with him these days. Sent Bill Janklow a note the other day askin' if he was doin' ok. He's the Representative for South Dakota now. Sent stuff to letters to the editor all over the country, 'cept fer maybe the middle part, places like Michigan and Oklahoma and such, and I've had a pretty good time messin' with some liberals on a liberal newspaper site. The moderator over there doesn't figuyred she's biased, but if anyone posts anything to do with facts and figures supportin' a conservative viewpoint it doesn't last long. I still have fun with them! LOL. I don't think my post about lookin fer black helicopters when compared to them lasted long, ome to think of it! LOL.

I don't mind folks havin' opinions, as long as they have some reasonable idea of why they believe them to start with. I have some opinions about dogs, but I've dealt with dogs a bit here and there. Mostly they just need to be trained and yer set. Thing is, it takes some time. If yer dog won't heel w/o a leash, ya ain't go it trained is my opinion. I got more opinions about trainin' dogs, but that's fer another day maybe. I'm still workin' on trainin' cats. I'm not real sure who's trainin' who with them....My opinion is that they can be trained. I'm just not sure how far ya can go with it. Haven't had good luck trainin' them to heel yet. I can get them to fetch and to come when I call 'em w/o sayin' "Here kitty, kitty, kitty." Other than that...well...dealin' with folks who have opinions w/o some kinda real knowledge is kinda like trainin' cats in my opinion. It can be done, I'm just not sure how far you'll get is all.

Now some folks on that liberal side of things are what I would call liberals. They few know what they believe and why and they're still patriotic. America, love it or leave it types, but they still kinda lean toward the government doin' it all. Well, I think the government should help here anad there, but I don't think they should do it all. Just my opinion. I can respect them. They can even tell ya why they believe the way they do without name callin' or obfuscation. Muddlin' the facts, if you will. Those kinds of liberals I can call Democrats. I've known some Democrats over the years. Most of 'em ain't too bad, 'cept fer wantin' the government to do it all. Most of the ones I've known even served in the military one time or another. Volunteers all. WW I, WWII, Korea, VietNam. Weren't anyone I know of drafted in the town I grew up in. But boy ya oughta heard 'em talk politics! Burn yer ears off sometimes! AND...they all had a reason for believein' what they did and could tell ya why they believed it. Step by step and line by line.

...and so we ought to be with everything we believe....explain what do we believe and why we believe it.

Well, we oughta warm up our coffee and get our heads wrapped around the day, I suppose! Another chance! Another opportunity! Let's go take advantage of it!

wrbones 04-03-2003 11:07 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Ya best get a cup and get settled fer a minute! Ain't no sense runnin' out the door til yer eyes are open! Paper'll be along directly!

Well, what are we visitin' over this mornin'! I don't have a clue! I might think of somethin' if I ramble long enough, though! LOL. We got snow last night! I ain't kiddin' ya! Not enough to brag about, but enough to know it's there! Rained a bit before that, so I figure the roads'll be kinda slippery fer a few hours. Didn't have to water the yard yesterday, so that's a good thing. Don't have a sprinkler system. I gotta play around with a sprinkler and hose and all. Bad news is, I gotta shovel snow offa the steps and sidewalk again. I really like it up here, but I'm about ready to look for a place inna desert, maybe. All ya gotta worry about there are scorpions and such....

I've been catchin' up on my sleep a bit lately. Yersterday, I rolled over and saw what time it was, and thought, " I oughta get up, it's gettin' late". Well, I rolled over, threw the covers off and got kinda stuck. Didn't wanta move again, ya know. I thought. "Well, I almost made it." An hour later, I woke up cold, and bein' too lazy to pull the covers back over myself, I got up and got a cup of coffee. Just seemed to be the easier thing to do at the time....

Let's see....

I really can't think of a thing that's deep and multi-layered today. That's ok. Some of ya need a break! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee and sit a spell. Maybe in a day or two, we can have coffee on the deck.

It's a new day. A new opportunity! A new chance to get it all figgered out! Make sure ya take advantage of it! Hell, we'll get it right one of these days!

wrbones 04-05-2003 12:51 AM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's up! Grab a cup and have a seat! Paper'll be along in a bit, maybe. We got a new delivery 'boy'. Fer some reason he's quite a bit bigger and older than the last one.....never stopped me before. I wonder why they bothered.....I didn't scare the last one! Honest! Well....not that bad anyway. He didn't scream! Actually, I don't think he was breathin' fer a minute there....must be kinda spooky, I reckon. Middle of the night, dark, quiet...and then hear a bodiless voice whisper "Boo!" in yer ear. Damn near broke my nose when he jumped. I offered him a tip fer his troubles, but I don't think he heard me. He was at the end of the block already....I don't think my evil laughter was helpin' matters any.

I have to try harder anymore to sneak up on animals and people . I must be gettin' old or somethin'.

I don't do stuff like that much. It's more effective if they don't expect it outta ya. 'Course the VA docs kinda frown on that behaviour, so I don't tell them anymore. They don't think it's funny for some reason. Well, ask me what I did today and I'm liable to tell ya! LOL.

The little things in life. Take pleasure in them. I do kinda enjoy the idea of that paperboy tellin' everyone my neighborhood is haunted, don't ya know. ;)

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a new day! Time to kick back a bit! It's Saturday! Take yer time. relax. Spend some time with the family! Give 'em all a big hug and tell 'em ya love 'em!So what if they look at ya funny! It'll give ya somethin' to chuckle about all day....while they wonder......

It's a new opportunity! Just as well take advantage of it!

wrbones 04-06-2003 01:47 AM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya today! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and sit fer a spell! Paper'll be along directly, I imagine....

Sparrowhawk, I don't know that I can influence that VA stuff now. Last I heard it all went to the board for their decision. I still don't know why those folks don't have a sense of humor, though.

Well, I figure today I'm gonna give away a little secret. I've talked around it some before, but I'm gonna tell ya some more this mornin', I figger. Ya know how we always start out with the greetin's here. Common politeness, really, but it is a comfort, deep down inside, to hear things like that every day. A habit of sorts. The we move on to gettin' coffee and sittin fer a bit. Relaxin' before we start our day. No matter how iconoclastic we are, we enjoy hearing the sound, hearing the emotions, if you will, of others and sharing similar experiences, daily. If those emotive experiences are positive and comforting to us, we love to hear them again and again. That's why we never grow tired of hearing those close to us tell us that they love us. It's why we so enjoy common physical and emotional connectiveness, if you will allow me that word, with those close to us. If there's a story to go along with those emotive experiences, we love it even more. We regress in a way, to being a child once again, emotionally, even if only for a few moments. It is deeply comforting to us. This is one of the chief reasons I believe why we find those small habits so comforting as human beings. A cup of coffee in the morning. the way we go about our daily toilet. Which shoe or sock we put on first. It is good for us. It is well that we do it, if only for a few minutes every day. Humans are social creatures and we need it.

We also need some little encouragement from those near us that lets us know that things are going to be ok. That each new day is a new thing to be grasped and enjoyed for all that it is worth. The encouragement that tells us that no matter how bad things are, they will get better. The encouragement to keep trying, day after day, no matter what. The encouragement to keep trying. Things will get better if we don't give up. The sure knowledge that some other person on the face of this earth has experienced the same things that we have, in principle, if not in fact... and we need to know all of these things without being condescended to. We know that we are not children...

...and if we hear a story that makes us think...even a mythical typology that we recognize right away, we know what it is and we learn from it, and we grow and we think and we consider...and we all come out of that emotive experience the better for it....and if we have shared the experience with others like us...perhaps....for a moment, we have walked with the gods, and become more than we individually can hope to be on our own. That is one of many reasons that I fix coffee in the mornin'.

We can get into anthropology and sociology, but I ain't into that. ;) I just like sharin' a cup of joe with folks fer a bit inna mornin'....and maybe, somewhere along the way, I might grow a bit and maybe think of somethin' that I hadn't thought of before in a way that I hadn't done before. Life is an experiment in some ways...that's why ya need to warm up yer coffee, and get yer head wrapped around yer day! We got another chance to figger it all out!

It's a new day, folks! A new opportunity! Make sure ya take advantage of it.

wrbones 04-07-2003 12:18 AM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get settled. You can start on yer day inna bit. We got a few minutes! Paper'll be along after a bit, maybe....

Well,what are we visitin' over today do ya think? Well, hell, I don't know! 'spect me to come up with somethin' good every day or what! LOL. Well, I know I can't type, but that ain't what I asked ya! LOL. Well, let's see.... I've been keeping' an eye on things around leatherneck, but I've been all over some of those liberals around the country. Those liberal newspaper forums are a blast! I don't know why I have so much fun with them! I think I got one of them about shut down. They can't really ban me. I'm nicer than their regulars! LOL. They just don't like the facts is all. Lot of times that's all I post, is facts and figures and resources. Someone responds, I answer them. Now what I do have trouble with is the fact that some folks never give up their thinkin' no matter how much ya show them. Doesn't matter how many facts, figures, pictures and what all that you reveal, they don't wanta see.

Now the thing is, it ain't always liberals doin' this. It don't have much to do with politics, fer that matter. Lots of folks are that way. Instead of tryin' to learn, they get their emotions and self-esteem all involved. I still haven't really got a handle on folks like that myself. Kinda hard to understand, really, at least to me. If yer tryin' to learn, and every day is a new chance to learn and to grow, then sometimes you're gonna get yer world view stepped on with the facts. It ain't always pleasant, but that's life. Ya learn and go on. It must be that self esteem thing, I reckon. When the world around us is all that consists of our belief systems, without thinkin' about it, then havin' it change on ya is an even more uncomfortable experience. I knew a lady movie star years ago kinda like that. One day I was there when she broke a nail. Dang. She went on like it was the worst disaster in the world! Cryin' and panicin' and carryin' on.

Our worldview, I think, must consist of more than our vanity and our self esteem or we are still children. The world is not a shallow place and neither should we be.

Well, that's probably about enough ramblin' fer one day. Warm up yer coffee and get yer head wrapped around yer day, folks. It's a new day! Ya need to be payin' attention to it if ya expect to make a difference and have another go at 'er!

It's a new opportunity! Take advantage of it!

wrbones 04-07-2003 11:30 PM

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better get a cup and grab a seat somewhere. Paper'll be along in a bit. I get the funny pages!

Well, things are changin' on us, I figger. The whole geo-political, sociological, economic blah-de-blah. It's all gonna change, both in the US and abroad. Everyone's gonna be lookin' at everyone a bit different. Well, things change. Life is, and there are times when all we can do as individuals is to go along with the flow. Oh, we all have the little things we can do, and have done, to try to influence any outcomes, but the overall picture, "The Big Picture" is extremely hard to see when yer down in the dust and dirt in the middle of it. So we do the best we can and see what happens.

Now we've kinda visited over that before if ya were payin' attention. It happens to us as individuals and as social groups, both large and small. Individually, the loss of a job, a decision made, an accident, a crime, marriage, family, college or not, lots of things both good and bad come along and our life's are changed forever. Many of them we do on our own, others are imposed from without. Usually, we don't recognize these changes for what they really are or how much they impact us til long after the fact. Crossroads, if you will, in time and space. All that has happened before is gone and all that is to be will be new and different; and so it is on a larger scale.

In the area where I live it was the flood in 1972. As disastrous as it was, it set the stage for renewed growth and expansion and has at the same time put the ranches and farms of the area in a tailspin. Things both good and bad, but imposed from without if you will, affecting individuals and local society as a whole for decades to come.

Individually and as a society, whether large or small, we make minute to minute decisions based on past experience, on training and education, that build up over time, sometimes so slowly that we cannot foresee their eventual outcome. Then disaster comes, or untold peace and prosperity. All from the minute to minute decisions that we make, both individually and as a whole.

Now none of us like to have our lives disrupted, and we find it distinctly unsettling in every way. When a child falls and skins their knee, when ya go to bed late at might and yer spouse rolls over sleepily and says "What's wrong?" When yer neighbor's house burns to the ground, when all things change and everything seems most unsettled, my answer is always thus, quietly, gently, believing it as I say it, " It's ok." No matter how 'not' ok it is, it will be. We can take care of it.

Everything's safe and good and secure. It can be dealt with...and it will.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! Get yer head wrapped around yer day! Make sure yer eyes are open before ya head out! It's a new day! Make sure ya take advantage of it!

wrbones 04-09-2003 12:01 AM

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get settled fer a bit! Paper'll be along in a bit!

So what are we visitin' over today? Dang! I just hadda clean off my desk. All of my notes scattered all over everywhere, I couldn't find nuthin' 'cept my ink pen and smokes. All those little scribblin's ya do when yer searchin' fer somethin' on the net. I hadn't cleaned that stuff offa my desk fer months!

I did think of somethin', though. Not that I was bored. Just sufferin'from a temporary brain freeze is all. LOL.

How does boredom challenge you? I have a simple solution for ya. Do somethin'. Well, you know what it's like, sometimes.Ya get so bored ya can't think straight? Yeah, this ties in with somethin' else we visited over awhile back. Nearly eighty pages of notes to sort thru and none of them titled! Good luck findin' it! ;) anyway...what 'd it tie into? Why that 'life is stuff', of course! LOL. Now if ya want, I'll go back and put some titles on that stuff, but it'll take awhile! LOL.

OK. Boredom. Ya kow how it gets sometimes. Seems like yer doin' the same thing day after day after day and it all starts to weigh ya down? Well, do somethin'! Do somethin' crazy...no not crazy enough to go to jail over, just somethin' different. Break the mold! Hell, you'll think of somehin'! Don't get anyone hurt is all! LOL. That's the challenge of bein' bored. Ya gotta find somethin' to do, than do it.

I know some of ya been runnin' yer butts off fer years, over this and that. IT gets borin' after awhile. Do like I do. There's a lake out in the plains that works for me. Just big enough to have some waves to it. Not too many people out there even in summer. Another is top go up in the Hills and go for a drive, find a place out away from everyone and have a sit. Take the ol' lady. Dump the kids and grandkids fer a bit. Do somethin'.

Do somethin' a bit different today! Have some fun. Relax. The world ain't gonna stop if ya do! Unless yer on meds and then ya might wanta take them with ya.....

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a new day! A new chance to get it right! A new chance to do it better this time! It's gonna be ok.

Take advantage of it!