The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   New to this place (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22632)

navynam 05-02-2002 04:12 AM

New to this place

Have been on Veterans.com for a couple of years, saw notice that most of the old guys are over here now. Thought I would see whats up here.
Looks a little complicated, but will learn it I am sure.
I am 61, spent ten years in USN and retired as federal civil servant after 32 years( worked for 3 different branches of government). I am now a reservist with Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA) and get called out on disasters when they need me. Just returned from Ice Storm disaster in Oklahoma City.
I am away from home a lot so kinda lose touch with the forum sometimes.

blues clues 05-02-2002 04:34 AM

well dorp anchor and stay in port

for a day or two you'll like it here great bunch of head case's myself on top.
razz

DMZ-LT 05-02-2002 04:56 AM

Welcome aboard

Lot of people here from vets.com. Welcome and post away !

39mto39g 05-02-2002 05:02 AM

Navy

Welcome, 10 years in the Navy---61, that would put you in Korea? Or way early VN.
Seeeeeee ya
Ron

SgtBlake 05-02-2002 05:42 AM

welcome aboard

navynam, I think you'll like it here, hell they even let Marines on this forum :D :D :D

SEATJERKER 05-02-2002 06:05 AM

AHOY...

...Welcome aboard, there are 2 here from La. that I know of ...(Bits from Ruston, and Bro from Natchitoches)...
... enjoy the ride, and welcome home...
...(please send crawfish...)
I was at "Engand air plane patch when it was in Alexandria....

Gimpy 05-02-2002 06:18 AM

Welcome aboard

navynam.

Got my "start" over on vets.com also.

Usta be a pretty good place. Lotsa "looney-tunes" over there now kinda screwin up tha conversations.

This is a good place and it's got a bunch-a good guys and gals.

Hope ya stick around a while.

SEATJERKER 05-02-2002 06:27 AM

Gimpster general beaugard...

... have you been back there at all,...they pulled "politics, and the Veterans issues segments yesterday for ever it seems....
...I think it's about ready to cover itself in dirt, and ...well...call it , wasting away due to "the moderaters letting the inmates(all of who we were familar with) drive it down, and away"...
... I wish that the 100+ Veterans that were there, would have hung on long enough for them to make it here...
...how the fishin'...

larrysearight 05-02-2002 07:18 AM

Welcome aboard

navynam,

Great site and a great bunch of people here.

1CAVCCO15MED 05-02-2002 08:10 AM

Welcome

I still read the vets.compages but I got this new computer and the whole historychannel.com thing refused to recognize me. I finally got registered with a slight change in my name but vets.com never let me post. Seeing what still goes on I haven't pursued the issue.