The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   National POW/MIA Flag,... (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38662)

SEATJERKER 05-10-2005 03:17 AM

National POW/MIA Flag,...

...I'm working on bringing the National POW/MIA Flag to the Flag Day parade of Troy New York, on the 12th of June 2005,...

...I've been in contact with Mr. Tim Rowe who runs the program, and hopefully I can get it done as the scheduling of it is tight,...

...The Flag is 60'X 30', and it "is a tribute to all our Veterans past, present, and future", I only hope I can get it done,...

...Troy's Flag day parade is the LARGEST in the Nation, and it is only fitting for the Largest POW/MIA flag to be there also. Troy being the "HOME OF UNCLE SAM" rightfully holds it place in American history, and as such, I hope to bestow the Honor to the men, and women that have served our Nation from her, We have two Medal of Honor receipients from here, and I am proud to say I'm from here,...

..."WELCOME HOME",...

Chevelle 05-10-2005 12:14 PM

Here,..

...Here at work,...

...All present, but not mentally accounted for :xx: ,...

...Had to add John's dancing banana to see if it's all there,...

..."C",...

Chevelle 05-11-2005 04:15 AM

DONE DEAL,...

...GOT THE CALL LAST NIGHT, IT'S A DONE DEAL,...

...Tim called me last night, and agreed to send me the National POW/MIA flag for display at the "Troy Flag day parade" on the 12th of June 2005,...

...I have a lot of arranging to do as it may only be displayed in the proper manner, not allowed to be carried as people throw money into it etc, along with the weight (98 lbs.), I'm sure it would take a lot of able bodied persons to try, but this parade is almost 2.5 miles long, and I'll post up the marchers later, The National Marine Corps Band will be headlining also,...

...To do something of this magnitude for the Men, and women that have been POW/MIA's from all over brings me a great sense of pride, and patriotism, but more importantly, it will bring the plight of those to the fore front again that have been forgotten,...

..."We will never forget"

..."Welcome Home",...

...I wish I could have been there with you then,...

David 05-11-2005 04:27 AM

That's outstanding! Hope you have pictures to show us afterward :)

DMZ-LT 05-11-2005 04:42 AM

Ya done good Curtis !

Doc.2/47 05-11-2005 06:30 AM

Yep.You're a good man,Curtis.
:32:

Boats 05-11-2005 06:46 AM

Get some pictures - as per Doc above - I second that - your a good man.

Stick 05-11-2005 02:17 PM

Hand salute, Curtis. Ya done good. Stand proud troop.

sn-e3 05-11-2005 02:31 PM

Good job curtis you da man. don't forget I want a raffle ticket again this year.

Andy 05-11-2005 05:41 PM

Jerker

Very impressive! Think I'll take a drive west of here on June 12th. Where will the flag be? PM if you like.

Stay healthy,
Andy