The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Welcome race fans! (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25497)

Stick 03-09-2003 06:08 AM

Welcome race fans!

Today's the day down here.
Sure glad that I'm not a pit crew member. Bet they've been up since Oh-dark-thirty putting tarps over the tires with the heat blowers running under the tarps but, as cool as it is, ya gotta know that those engines are going to run in top tune.
Atlanta's the fastest track in NASCAR and as long as the tires stick to a cool track it should be a great one.
Don't really care who wins but I do hope it's Waltrip or Martin. Elliot would be OK but only because he's a Georgia boy.
Any other NASCAR nuts here?

nang 03-09-2003 06:22 AM

Yeah, I'm rootin for the bad boy Tony Stewart. :ab:

reeb 03-09-2003 07:03 AM

Jr

is my pick.....

Cant wait till they come to Tx.

Watched the qualifing and Happy Hour this week, now it is time to get some beer on Ice and some chickken gizzards going.

enough...........

deltamedic 03-09-2003 09:36 AM

TONY STEWART??? hack, hack, cough, cough yuk! Giving the devil his dues as the old saying goes..he's a good driver but needs an attitude adjustment. As for yours truly I kinda favor Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman personally. Hopefully they won't cut out a race here at The Rock but seems they need to appease them thar Texans! hee, hee. I'd like to see em cut the road course race at Sonoma as that to me isn't true nascar racing but not in my power to chg.

Doc

Packo 03-09-2003 02:16 PM

Doc et al

They can cut out Watkins Glen too and leave Rockin'ham alone. Deb and I were at the Rock a couple of weekends ago. Had sponser tickets, pit passes, parking, etc. from Waste Management.

Deb: Sterling Marlin

Packo: Ward Burton, Petty Enterprises, Eliot Sadler

Another tough day for oursides in Atlanta.

Packo Petty

sn-e3 03-09-2003 02:28 PM

It looks like Bobby won but I personally like Jr.

Jerry D 07-04-2003 09:03 PM

Well , today Dale Jr. did something that in my opinion wasn't a suitable victory lap on the "4th of July" Busch Race at Daytona 2003. He drove around hauling a PIRATE skull and bones type flag insted of Old Glory(our troops are dying for defending our country). His Daddy would never have done that nor his Gran Daddy Ralph. its' a shame when the Young Drivers forget where they come from and start behaving like Rap singers insted of Race Car drivers.Thats just my two cents....... :t:

39mto39g 07-05-2003 08:01 AM

Nascar

I wrote a page about nasty Nascar, But Patriot files disconnected me and now its gone, and Nascar isn't worth typing it over.

Ron

Mech28 07-05-2003 08:53 AM

Personally i like bobby labonte but i just love watching the pit crews...New Jersey really needs a nascar track we have nhra tracks and they are always packed and everyone there wants nascar....ya well im leavin anyway

reeb 07-05-2003 10:15 AM

My 2 cents worth,

It doesnt matter what flag the driver chooses to drive the victory lap with, causin it aint his.

He can fly the Jolly Roger, The USA, the Checker or whatever, but the main thing and believe me is that EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE NASCAR DRIVERS AND THEIR TEAM MEMBERS ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE CLOCK TIMER ARE TRUE SUPPORTERS OF THE USA.

What would you say to Fitz ( if he would have qualified for Petty) if he flew his nations flag if he would win.

Put it this way ,

I "thin" wilson" which is made in the USA is carrying Jr along pretty darn good after what he has been going through.

enough.........