The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gulf War (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Advice Needed Asap (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24867)

10CAVMEDIC 01-23-2003 10:53 AM

Advice Needed Asap

I'm deploying in a few days. I was wondering if y'all had any good advice on survival tactics or engaging the enemy. I know we have FM's and all that but y'all know the most because you've been there. Anything would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
PFC Wheatley
1-10 CAVALRY US ARMY

catman 01-23-2003 12:37 PM

Well, the best advice I can give you is pray! Don't worry about medals, killing the enemy, or what Susie is doing while you are gone, just pray and with the help of God, and a few good NCO's, you will be home before you know it.

Trav

Hawk 02-25-2003 12:41 AM

Keep track of all your shot records and make sure they record all vacinations, make sure your filters in your mask are new and your mopp suit is new not a training suit. Drink plenty of water and pray.

Nejdek 02-25-2003 02:00 AM

Well Troop, I'll tell yah! Keep your head down; try to remember all you were taught; remember who is to your right and left, you are a team (believe me there is "no army of one")! Remember where you are at, this is not a GAME!! Jodie will be there when you get home. Again, in other words keep your mind on what you are doing and where you are at! And the good Lord be with you!
"Semper-Fi"

tdeane 02-27-2003 03:06 PM

Engage the enemy? Ok, for you that would be something to worry with second. Your handle has "MEDIC". Your first priority is to the soldiers around you...health, morale and welfare. You should take the time and know (or try to know) everyone who is in your unit. Want to be a good medic, do that. The guys will see that you have an active concern. Survival Tactics? Yea, keep the other troops taken care of...they kept this Doc alive and they'll do the same for you.
When in doubt, find an NCO, like one that has been through this before and how to handle your job objective and mission without the concerns of any thing else.
REMEMBER, "if" you are a medic, you'll know what to do...your job.

MORTARDUDE 02-28-2003 04:59 AM

I believe this is someone jerking our chain...

I cannot find this unit....

Larry

1sgboom 03-16-2003 01:37 PM

Hey Trooper, remember to keep your head low, and pay attention to what your NCOs tell you. They are there to keep you alive, and won't guide you wrong...trust in them! I know at times it will be hard, but try and keep your mind,and focus on your mission. God bless, and prayers are with ALL of you!

1SGboom (ret) Former Medic/Engineer/M.P.

1sgboom 03-16-2003 07:56 PM

MEDIC

Hey trooper, just remember your training. Keep your head down, you ears and eyes open, and listen to your NCOs. They are there to help you, and keep you alive! And don't rely on the mail to be on time....it was all FUBAR in the first Gulf War.

God Bless & our prayers are with ALL of you!!

1SG BOOM(ret) former Medic/Engineer/M.P. :a: