The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wishing Pho well (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42809)

DMZ-LT 08-02-2006 08:45 AM

Wishing Pho well

Sid has passed at least 9 kidney stones over the last 5 days I never had one so I don't know but everyone I know who has has told me it's the worse pain they ever had. Sid called me early this morning to tell me they were still coming and he was going to check into the VA hostital cause of the pain. This from a guy who stitches himself up. I have been amazed what the prayers and well wishes from this group have accomplished so if you get a moment say a prayer or wish our brother Pho well. Thank you

Keith_Hixson 08-02-2006 08:56 AM

Been There:

Not much fun.
Good News! You do survive.
It is very, very painful.
They say it is like "child birth" . Poor ladies.

Get well Sid! Our prayers go out to you.

Keith

Boats 08-02-2006 09:09 AM

Geez - I hope Sid doesn't have that problem again. I've heard it can be painful. Did they bust them up with sound waves. Or did they give him something to shrink them? OUCH that has to be some real pipe bening pain. Give him my best.

39mto39g 08-02-2006 09:10 AM

Stones
Had them twice, One for each kidney.
The kidney gets plugged up because the stone is blocing the exit and you start throwing up Yellow water, (guess what that is) By the way your kidneys drain into your blader.
Now the pain, Take a weed wacker and stick inside your gut and turn it on, don't stop until the blockage is cleared.
Good news, You will live. (keith)

Ron

Robert Ryan 08-02-2006 09:34 AM

Know about the kidney stones I passed 3 of them a couple of years ago. Man I thought I was going to die. The pain is beyond belief. I grunted with every step I took, walked bent over, and took pain pills (vicoden spelling). If rolled over in my sleep it was a new expereince in pain. Sure hope PHO will be better.

Packo 08-02-2006 10:35 AM

Here's hoping that "this soon shall pass" for Sid. I know he's gotta be in a helluva lot of pain to go to anybody for help.

Hang tuff Sid!

Pack

SEATJERKER 08-02-2006 10:51 AM

Sid,...

...keep pushin' on,...

...hope yer feelin better,...

Bill Farnie 08-02-2006 01:17 PM

Sid, make sure you get some good pain killers from the VA .... if not, see John

Feel better soon

Gimpy 08-02-2006 02:01 PM

Like Keith

said..................BEEN THERE...............DONE THAT!

THREE TIMES!

Once in 1969 while still in Fort Gordon Army Hospital.

Once in 1970 after I was discharged.

And last but definately not least in 1980. Spent 31 days in Douglas County General in Douglasville, GA. undergoing two operations on my left kidney. Nearly lost the kidney that time, but had a great doctor and he saved it.

All due to bladder & kidney infections caused from one of the gunshot wounds to my bladder when I got hit in 1967.

Kidney still don't work too well to this day.............but I still got it!

This IS some real bad ju-ju!

Thoughts and prayers headin out for brother Sid.

Jerry D 08-02-2006 03:41 PM

Prayers out for Sid and the speedy recovery from them stones of his that they will be done passing soon. :a: