The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   May they not be forgotten (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44632)

lcpd24 04-18-2007 04:18 AM

May they not be forgotten

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. EMBASSY BOMBING - 18th April 1983

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facts:

Occurred at about 1300 (1:00 pm Lebanon Time) on April 18th, 1983
Carried out by a terrorist driving a van, reportedly stolen from the Embassy in June 1982.
The van carried a 2,000-pound load of explosives, tearing through the front portion of the seven (7) story building.
Most of the victims were at lunch and were killed by the collapsing building.
Killed 63 occupants of the building, 17 of whom were Americans.
One Marine was killed - Corporal Robert V. McMaugh, an embassy guard.
One journalist was killed - Janet Lee Stevens.
Several State Department officials were killed, including three USAID employees.
The entire U.S. Central Intelligence Agency Middle East contingent were killed.
Several Army trainers were killed.

Boats 04-18-2007 04:53 AM

That was tragic and is not readily forgotten. I can still see the pictures of that incident.

Packo 04-18-2007 05:35 AM

Thanks for the reminder Dennis.

Pack

VIETNAM 1968 04-18-2007 06:27 AM

We Are Still In A State Of War:

We have been in a state of war with Arab Fanatics for several years now. There has been one attack after another directed against either the United States Military or United States Interests abroad. These attacks led up to 9/11 right on our own soil. Now a portion of the American Public just wants to close their eyes and pretend that these attacks never happened at all. They want our Military Forces to pull out before the job has been completed.

If we just abandon the war against these fanatics now--They will just come right back at us again and the next attack will make 9/11 look like a Sunday School Outing. These fanatics desire only one goal--THE COMPLETE DESTRUCTION OF THE UNITED STATES AND ALL THE FREEDOMS THAT THE UNITED STATES REPRESENTS. They desire only one religion--THEIR OWN RELIGION and only one culture-- THEIR OWN CULTURE. Nothing else is acceptable to them.

In order to achieve this, they must first destroy Israel and then destroy each and every one of us that cherish the freedoms that we all take so for granted. Our freedoms, and our way of life, pose a direct threat to their final goal--A world with only one society and religion-- ISLAMIC.

LETS NOT HAVE ANOTHER VIETNAM. The cost would be unthinkable this time.

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again wish you a huge and heart felt:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
:d: :d: :d:

Robert Ryan 04-18-2007 08:27 AM

Is that all Islamic or just the radicals 68. I don't think so. But I a agree we have been at war since the embassy was taken back in 1979 when the Iranian hostage crisis began. This started our long war with present day radical Islamsic terrorist. Won't stop until they are all dead or the rest of the world wakes up and sees this.

VIETNAM 1968 04-18-2007 09:15 AM

Not all Islamic People want a world completely Islamic:

No Bob--I am not condemning all Islamic People. Just the radical portion that has no desire to coexist with Israel and the United States.

Portions of the Koran though state that anyone, or anything, not Islamic must be destroyed in a Holy War. These Islamic Radicals subscribe to that thinking completely and are even willing to kill their own young if necessary to achieve the desired goal of a total Islamic Religion and belief. Death means nothing to them--Only achieving the intended goal of a total Islamic belief and world. They would think nothing of exploding a Nuclear Device, or unleash deadly viruses to poison large numbers of Americans, just to fulfill that goal of a world in which only Islamic beliefs are tolerated and practiced.

That portion of Islamic people must be destroyed or we will continue to have other 9/11 attacks--Each more destructive, and much more deadly, then the one before it.

What worries me the most however is that American public thinking is turning against a complete victory against these radicals. I find ourselves slipping toward another Vietnam type settlement in which the United States Government pulls out of the conflict. The end this time will not just be the fall of Iraq to those same radicals but more and more deadly attacks against the United States itself once those radicals become stronger with a lack of opposition. THESE RADICALS MUST BE ELIMINATED IF THE UNITED STATES IS EVER TO LIVE IN PEACE AND SAFETY AGAIN.

As always Bob--WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968

Boats 04-18-2007 11:28 AM

VN68

It's a war of attrition - will power - and perseverance. I don't think our people are that stupid to recognize that the threat will never really go away.

I'm sure the Koran or the parts of it - that the radicals are reading from - are being misconstrued or taken out of text. I'm also sure that many Islamic want this waring to be over to co-exist in peace - if at all possible.

There are a few rotten eggs in their system that are stirring up and agitating the whole works. These are the folks that need to be staked out and shown for what they are. It's a power thing much more than a religious thing. Control over others to instill their will over the weaker ones.

To fight as long as many of them have you would think that they would want peace to raise their kids and see their grandkids. Yet I'm a skeptic and a dreamer. The reality of this whole things will result in a catastrophic war that will no doubt become WW III.

After which nothing much will be left and I'm sure it will take this much to quell the current war mongering that seems to infest the world today.