The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Korean War II? (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29041)

BLUEHAWK 08-03-2003 06:35 AM

Korean War II?

I'm putting this poll in the Conflicts Forum for two reasons:

1) I regard the opinions of Korea vets a lot more highly than anyone else's, now that sabers are rattling again on the topic.

2) Since we are living in a Republic, and since some lawmakers/diplomats probably prowl Patriot Files, maybe they will see your thoughts and take them into account.

BLUEHAWK 08-05-2003 08:34 AM

Today, August 5th 2003, there are putatively responsible experienced and high-ranking professionals appearing on television and in recent print media advocating, strongly, what amounts to an all-out pre-emptive attack upon North Korea, as an "unavoidable" alternative to failing or frustrated multilateral diplomacy.

Question:
Unless the attack is so ferocious as to virtually destroy what is left of North Korean industrial power and ALL military defenses, and unless such an attack would regard unimaginable "collateral damage" as acceptable, then what possible military or moral justification for it could possibly exist!

the humper 09-11-2003 09:39 AM

Military or Moral

justification?????? Try the last 50 years, those civilians in the North have been in an on Earth, HELL!!!!|
SF
NC

BLUEHAWK 09-11-2003 09:55 AM

Humper -
Okay, then since that is true (and I agree that it IS true), why have the North Korean people been allowed to languish in suffering for 50 years?

It's a rhetorical question actually, not that it helps one bit to ask it... I have some ideas of my own why that was let go. But now that they are said to have nukes, the problem is JUST becoming critical? I mean, suffering people wasn't a good enough reason to act, we had to wait until it got MORE dangerous to start upping it on the priority list?

Guess so... wonder when we're gonna get around to it.

the humper 09-11-2003 02:18 PM

THE

best way to answer your question, by my way of thinking is, TYRANNY!!!!!! Same type Hitler used. Just as confined and as ruthless. Now, IF they have nukes, that's another question, that can be solved, with many casualties, by destroying them with a first strike. As they have had 50+ years to, even seem to think they wanted to live with the rest of the world. But that is harder than hell to do, when you want to be the great Ruler, Dictator or whatever. (And as to your poll, couldn't disagree more with the results)
SF
NC

BLUEHAWK 09-11-2003 02:55 PM

Humper -
I disagree with the poll results myself...

Here's another question for you:

Assuming a day came for there to be that first big strike, given the enormity of their ground forces (saying nothing about their training or equipment), what do you think the chances would be that a) they'd launch weapons against South Korea, b) they'd attempt to send troops across the 38th parallel again, and c) what would China's most likely response be to a first strike?

the humper 09-11-2003 03:13 PM

THEY

would certainly launch what was left, without a doubt. 3. Same with the forces and would have to fight the remnants of the S. Korean forces. 3. China would watch as for now they can't send enough firepower, far enough, to get in an ass-kicking contest.
SF
NC
McArthur wanted to go into China and use the bombs necessary, but, he didn't have the last sayso. And, that was good, cause if he had his way, I wouldn't be here now. And another thing, I never saw his butt on the lines shooting at anybody. Him, and his underlings, in Japan, where the cause of the army getting the shit kicked out of them when they were thrown in piecemeal in the early fighting. They had absolutely NO training for the task in front of them, plus they were fighting folks who had been fighting for 10+ years with the Chinese Communist. And the other part of the story about the Command in Japan, his S-2, Willoughby was nothing but a yesman for him. When he was asked, directly by a Colonel in charge of the intelligence for the 1st Marine Division, if the Chinese would enter into the war, his statement was, if they did, it would only be some volunteers. And our forces had already captured hundreds of them, BEFORE they showed up in force.

BLUEHAWK 09-11-2003 05:47 PM

Thanks for the enlightenment Humper...

If it ain't too personal, for what reason would you not be here if MacArthur had gone into China with the bombs necessary?

the humper 09-12-2003 05:15 AM

Good Question!!!!!!!!

The life expectancy of a Machine Gunner, on the lines 24/7 is not to long. In fact, in one night, 14 hrs. total, in my squad alone, we lost all but myself and 1 other, K-WIA.
SF
NC
(And I guess we did make a little peace for some S. Koreans for 50+ years)

DMZ-LT 09-12-2003 05:19 AM

Welcome home , Humper. Thank you for your service. Welcome home again.