The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   newbie here! :D (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23933)

SweetSue 10-31-2002 03:55 PM

newbie here! :D

hello.. I am new to this site.

It seems like a very busy & friendly place. I am looking for a soldier I wrote to in 1969. See Missing Persons Forum.

I am from Saskatchewan, Canada. Married with 3 boys. 2 of our boys are involved in the Cdn AirCadet program here. They love it! My nephew is also with the Canadian Forces- Navy. He just started his tour in Bosnia this month.

Cold up here already! Going down to -14 C(7F) tonite. And we already have some snow! :(

I am a stay at home Mom.. with our boys being 15, 12 & 11, I like to be here .... to keep tabs on them! I also have 2 disabilities which prevent me from working. Doesn't matter who or what one does.. the gov't red tape sucks!
Well, tata for now.
I hope you all don't mind that I hang around!

Happy Hallowe'enie!

Susan

janecallanan 10-31-2002 04:26 PM

Welcome Susan, and Happy Halloween to you!!!!!
Jane

sn-e3 10-31-2002 04:50 PM

Welcome sweet sue I also wrote to a few canadian girls when i was in the navy in the mid 60's also met a few up in victoria and vancouver canucks are fine people in my books so welcome aboard. if you read enough of these posts you will find just about anything you wanted to know and some you didn't want to know but found out anyway welcome again.... chris sn-e3

Wazza 10-31-2002 05:16 PM

Welcome aboard SweetSue. One of the most important things I have learnt on this site is the time honoured art of curmudgeonry. Now when you get to meet Ken he will explain it. It's nice to know that we will be celebrating your birthday in the same week as Jane. Sorry we missed them this year. Age is no barrier to Curmudgeonry but you have to be 'selected by another curmudgeon' Ken is the leader and Jane and I have only recently been inducted.
Welcome again!

Keith_Hixson 10-31-2002 05:16 PM

Welcome:

Sweet Sue,

That's what my wife makes me call her. You gotta like them there Susans. I must introduce myself. I'm the self-appointed, unrecognized, mostly unwanted theropist on this site. :D
Chis (sn-e3), Griz, SGT Darrell and I are the only sensible logical folks on this site. David the founder lived in the Great State of Washington for a short time so he is a great guy also. But, we all know that we are the only ones who are sensible and logical. There are a bunch of Pscho-Vets on this thread, and they live mostly in the Southeast. Any way you can trust us Washingtonian (the state not the city) but I'm not too sure about the others.

Welcome aboard and enjoy. In all honesty this is a great bunch of guys. We don't always agree but we respect one another.

Keith :D

xgrunt 10-31-2002 05:24 PM

Glad to

have you on the site Sweet Sue. And don't worry about psyco'vets. Cause we are dysfunctional. psyco-vet torch :xx: :D :D

SweetSue 10-31-2002 05:51 PM

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!
Even if I don't find the soldier that I wrote to, this sounds like a fun site!
I am not worried about anything or anyone at all! LOLOL
I have Meniere's Disease in my right ear so.......... usually suffer severely from the dreaded "brain fog".... but my Canadian wit & charm will get me through everything that can get tossed my way. An Irish background doesn't hurt either.... :O hee hee
Thank-you so much for the warm welcome!!!

Toodle ooooooooooooooooou!
Sus :a:

David 10-31-2002 06:12 PM

Welcome to the site SweetSue, glad to have you here :) One correction to Keith's comment on me, I more then lived in WA for a time, I was born in Tacoma ;)

PHO127 10-31-2002 06:14 PM

Welcome sue

I have a few questions..... Are you a Black Eyed Susan or Brown Eyed Susan, Maybe a Blue Eyed Susan??? Do you Curl??

Had an aquaintenance that disappeared in the middle 60's and showed up some years later with a war bride (Canadian).

Please do not take anything we say serious. One of the psycovets (psycosid).

DMZ-LT 10-31-2002 06:16 PM

Any friend of these people is a friend of mine . Welcome . Some good people here. :a: