The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   DoD (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Ex-defense secretary for Trump says former president is 'unfit for office' (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522321)

Boats 11-16-2022 10:48 AM

Ex-defense secretary for Trump says former president is 'unfit for office'

Ex-defense secretary for Trump says former president is 'unfit for office'
By: Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter - Washington Examiner - 11-16-22
Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...fit-for-office

Former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper thinks former President Donald Trump is "unfit for office" and that the GOP should look elsewhere for a primary candidate.

Esper said of Trump he "wishes he wouldn't" run for office after the former president announced his 2024 candidacy on Tuesday night in Mar-a-Lago.

"I think he's unfit for office," he said in an interview with CNN. "I thought his remarks were very subdued and uninspiring."

He added that he hopes the Republican Party will turn its attention to a different candidate rather than backing Trump again.

"I think that its time for the Republican Party, and frankly, both parties, to move on to a next generation of leaders, and particularly leaders that can unify our country and get us back to a more normal governance where we treat each other with dignity and respect, and we work on policy issues and not personal attacks," Esper said.

Esper joins a growing list of GOP members who blame Trump for the substantial losses the party suffered in the 2022 midterm elections. Republicans, expecting a "red wave" to take over the nation, did not strike as hard as projected as the Democrats secured their majority in the Senate and gained more seats in the House than predicted.

In swing states, many Trump-endorsed candidates lost their races, including Blake Masters (R-AZ) and Don Bolduc (R-NH) for the Senate and Kari Lake (R-AZ) and Tudor Dixon (R-MI) for governor. Esper said the poor track record should be a wake-up call for Republicans, as there was "no reason" why the GOP shouldn't have had a bigger margin in the House and taken the Senate in the midterm contests.

"The election last week is an example that Donald Trump is incapable of winning elections," Esper said. "He's done more to help the Democrats than the Republicans."

The former defense secretary said the party should look at Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) as a primary candidate, calling him the "front-runner" for the Republican nomination.

"[He] is at the top of the list right now," Esper said, per the Daily Mail. "He did a great job in Florida."

DeSantis experienced several personal and state victories in last week's elections, securing reelection after beating Charlie Crist in a 20-percentage-point landslide. Florida Republicans' wins in the House, though expected due to redistricting that favored Republican candidates, were heavily celebrated. The GOP will hold 20 of Florida's 28 seats in the House.

"To me, that's shortcoming number one, and then I believe he has integrity and character issues as well," he said. "I don't think he's an honest person. We saw the falsehoods that came out of his remarks last night. ... Americans need a leader they can trust."

Tags: Mark Esper - Donald Trump - 2024 Elections - Campaigns - News
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: I have to agree - but neither Trump or Biden should run again.
Who do I pick - who knows - but until one or both of these guys pull out we
will be back to M.O.T.S. They are too old - both Trump & Biden are both not
playing with a full deck. Whose going to run against them has yet to be
determined. But we've got to get order back into our Country & the People's
needs!
-
We can't be the savor of the entire planet nor can we - and continue to
drain our taxes for issues outside of the needs of the People & Infrastructures,
and lets not forget fuel cost & food shortages. It's completely wrong with
what's happening to our people within our country. You guy's don't seem
to mind one bit.
-
Our People deserve better. Congress needs a house cleaning as well. We've
got to get onto a better path and upgrade our Country & its People as well!
-
We have to lower our cost of living it's going nuts! Social Security is for
those of us who paid into all our lives. Many of us had companies that
folded - blew pension monies to save their business - and then left us
high and dry. The higher ups don't remember what its like to keep
up with ongoing cost to us! Take away their pensions - cut their
salaries - see if they can hold their own. Unlimited lifetime medical
with all the payments being made by American's who can't afford
the best medical and dental coverage. I need new teeth can't
afford the money. Two companies I worked for went under and
no pensions. My fault - hell no - they blew it themselves and we
paid the price. Leaves a knot in your gut try to keep afloat. But
your well paid politician's never have to worry about that do you!!
-