The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Agent Orange continues to do what it does! (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602739)

JBozeman 03-24-2011 11:04 AM

Agent Orange continues to do what it does!

Hope this is the correct forum to place this but I have a guy in my church that some of you may know, Curtis Peavy! Some of you may know him as Dwayne Peavy. Anyway, he was stationed at Ben Thuy Air Force Base in the 63 - 65 time frame and has just had a Bone Marrow Transplant due to the effects of Agent Orange producing "Myelodysplastic" Syndrone or "Pre Leukemia" and he is having a time dealing with the Transplant! The Anti-Rejection Meds are brutal in their Side Effects!

If you think about him, pray for him, if you know him, I have a way for you to be able to contact and encourage him.

Cotton picken Hell known as Vietnam is still killing our boys!

JBozeman 12-11-2011 06:28 PM

It finally got him!

Well it finally got Curtis! He died December 8th! I preached his funeral Saturday!
Thank the good Lord that he will receive full Military Honors!

Hand Salute to Curtis Peavy and I'll see you on the other side my Brother!

Take Care

1CAVCCO15MED 12-12-2011 11:46 AM

Hand Salute! One less here, one more on the other side.

DMZ-LT 12-12-2011 12:18 PM

Thanks for telling us and thanks for remembering him. Job well done Mr. Peavy , thank you ! Hand Salute

reconeil 12-12-2011 01:08 PM

Boze,
My sincerest of condolences to you & all of Curtis's friends & family.

Also, a heartfelt salute & "GarryOwen" for all having suffered so greatly for God & Country.

Neil

Boats 04-02-2012 07:45 PM

Sorry Boz to that about your friend

Lost my brother to agent orange it wasn't quick and it wasn't pretty. Bad Stuff.
My prayers go out to your Bud.

Boats

sfc_darrel 09-23-2012 08:07 AM

Have you had your colonoscopy lately?

Normal for people over 50 is every 10 years.

Another neighbor, Vietnam Veteran, caught his with a colonoscopy and had 11 polyps removed. Now his schedule is yearly to prevent full blown colon cancer.

Agent Orange is taking a long time.

Stick 10-26-2012 05:57 AM

Prayers went up and His answer came down and I'm sure that Curtis is looking down on us today. I lost my brother, Ted in 1991. Major Mark Theodore Romph served, Airborn Special Forces on both Baldy and Skeleton Mountains in the Democratic Republic of South Vietnam in '68-'69. Gee! I wonder why they called them Baldy and Skeleton, there wasn't anything growing on them.
I came home from DRVN in '68 on a stretcher to Valley Forge Army Hospital in order to learn how to walk again. It was a Blessing that I didn't have to come through civilian airports in '68 because of how uniforms were greeted at those airports in 1968.
My brother Sgt. E-8 Robert Thomas Romph, USAF died last year. Tommy never went beyond Hawaii during the Vietnam thing but he both loaded orange barrels into C-141's and cleaned those planes after they had dumped their loads out over Vietnam.
Both Teddy and Tommy took over two years to pass after long and grooling fights against Agent Orange.
AO cleared many a hiding place that VC and NVA hid in and I'm convinced that AO saved more lives than it took then but I sure would love to see Uncle Sam put more buck$ into finding something that would counteract its effects against Vietnam Vets today. Every time I need go to the Atlanta VA today I see AO Vets of my age walking in the halls, just waiting to go Upstairs because they served their time in Hell.
Why aren't those names or won't those names be carved in stone on a Wall in DC?