The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Police/Fire/EMS (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   total bull (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39117)

Andy 06-03-2005 12:11 PM

total bull

Here?s a story that makes my blood boil.

In the very little town of Westhampton Ma the have a part time Chief, a part time Sergeant and a full time patrolman which makes up there entire police department. One afternoon the patrolman saw a man speeding, turning a corner and took out a stop sign. The man was operating without a drivers license and apparently had a bad attitude. He was arrested and yelled he?d have the cop?s badge, not all that uncommon to hear. Sounds pretty normal right?

Well the guy who was arrested is a brother-in-law of one of the three Selectmen, in small New England towns there is no mayor, usually a board of 3 Selectmen. Further, the man arrested is part owner of a company also owned by a second Selectmen. The Board put pressure on the Police Chief to have all charges dropped and hinted they wanted an apology from the patrolman to the man he arrested. The Chief said hell no. That was last fall.

Since then the Board has decided that the police department needs to be ?reorganized?. They decided that they?ll have a full time chief and no one else. All three current officers have had their applications for the job rejected and the Selectmen expect they will all be terminated by June 30th . The new Chief was to be appointed this coming Tuesday but the District Attorney?s office has stepped in citing 5 violation of law done by the Selectmen. This soap opera should continue for quite a while.

In all my years I?ve hear a civilian yell, ?I?ll have you badge for this.?, but never heard of it coming true. Sure if a cop violates someone?s civil right, beats someone up, does something dishonest he/she should be gotten rid of. But this case is totally over the edge.

Stay healthy,
Andy

Jerry D 06-03-2005 06:40 PM

nepotism makes bad politics :x: when it comes to Legal issues. Glad to see the DA's office might just fire these selectmen and the guy arrested for the Stop sign violation may just get to see what a State Pen looks like from the inside compliments of the DA.

39mto39g 06-12-2005 04:33 AM

Polotics

The problem is the PEOPLE of the community. This is tipical of any small or big town, Officals think they can do anything they want, One person speaks out and gets drug over the coals. No one else cares because its not them and they don't want to make waves.
What needs to happen in ALL communities, is a department set up, and paid for by all, that looks into these things for all citizens of that community. Goes after the government officals and hold everyone accountable.
Anyone that works for any kind of govenment agency or even a large corperation can not speek out when they see something wrong because they will loose there job.
The cop should have done one of several things,
1. just let the guy go, The cop knew who he was, and letting someone off because of who they are is done all the time.
2. Called for a County Cop to handle the arrest.
3. Give the guy a warnning and file all the paperwork with the county or even state.
4. persent the problem in an open forum night at there selectmen meeting, (bring a tape recorder)

Ya got to feel for these guys but, if you smack the lion you may get bit.

Ron

exlrrp 06-17-2005 08:11 AM

The worst government you can live with

Hey I can start posting here, now I'm a volunteer fireman!!
It's been my experience that govenrment almost always reflects the will of the people--its what theyre willing to put up with.
Doesn't sound like any problem here a few well placed explosives wouldn't solve.
Stay good
James