The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Still Dying (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145437)

Robert Ryan 08-26-2010 09:29 AM

Still Dying

I have learned that a member of my PTSD group has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer related to exposure to agent orange with a poor prognosis. However, Danny says he won't go without a fight, and this disease can expect a tough fight from him. Isn't the 58,479 names on a wall enough dead from Vietnam. Why in hell can't we live and die from natural causes like old age so we can enjoy our familes. I'm being selfishs here since I am angry with the possibility of losing another brother. I forget that Danny's family might lose a husband, a dad, a grandpa, and a good friend and man. When does the dying stop, when the last Vietnam Veteran is dead, is that when the body count, and casualties from Vietnam stop. Now Danny has to fight for his life again because some ass hole sprayed a defoilant that they knew caused diseases, and left no recourse for any action against the government for allowing the useage of it. Just when I think I put Vietnam where it belongs it comes back to ambush me again. When does the dying stop? How much more do they expect Vietnam Vets to just let this go on. Only 20% of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer react favorably to treatment. I need to stop being selfish and start to pray and ask God to put Danny into that 20% who react favorably. Sorry for venting.

DMZ-LT 08-26-2010 10:09 AM

Damn , Robert walked into a sandstorm reading your post. Vent and pray all you want. Talked to Andy years ago , before he got "fever of an unknown origin " and died. We both agreed that if , when we were in Vietnam , somebody came up and said " Hey I am going to spray this stuff on the jungle to open up fields of fire but it may kill you in 40 years but if I don't two of your men will be killed today in a close in ambush " we would tell them to spray away. Hang in there Brother. May God answer your prayer for our brother

David 08-26-2010 10:09 AM

Prayers sent, God bless him and his family.

RANGERConners 08-26-2010 10:11 AM

It is always good to hear someone express such sentiments. I have said a short prayer for him after reading your post.

Jer

SuperScout 08-26-2010 05:41 PM

Robert,
Not only prayers for your friend for healing but prayers for you to continue to have the strength to be the type of friend to him that we would want for ourselves. You're a hero in my eyes.
Brice

BLUEHAWK 08-27-2010 09:00 AM

This is gonna be a tough one, and too fast, if past experience is any guide.

Sorrow has only one word for it.

Boats 08-27-2010 12:32 PM

Mr. Ryan

That's what took my Brother. Sadly the affects take time to really take hold. Once your immune system weakens those who have had exposure to AO seem to take hold. My regrets and respects to all those who've suffered and will suffer from this terrible stuff.