The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Pictures (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35427)

Doc.2/47 06-01-2004 09:44 PM

Pictures

I have finally-with invaluable advice from James-managed to get some of my old VN/Cambodia pics. on the gallery.They may not be much count, but they are there should you take a notion to look at them.Got a few more to stick on there shortly.

b3196 06-02-2004 05:43 AM

Good Pics Doc.....
Bob K

chilidog 06-02-2004 05:55 AM

I have read most of Nolan's books and "Into Cambodia" has been on my short list for a while. Thanks to your posts a couple weeks ago, I pulled it out and started on it. Its great to see your pictures while I am reading the book. Thanks doc.

Chilidog

exlrrp 06-02-2004 07:42 AM

Gee I'm smart

Glad it all worked out, Hal
I got all the ones you sent me saved, can put em on disc for you if you want. The size is right These are Bitmap files, instead of the more usual jpeg, that may have been why you were having trouble posting them. If you have more trouble let me know, I'll convert em for you. I also think you shouold rename these (rightclick)at least put the date or number them, it makes them easier to identify
Thanks for asking!! Let me know if you need more help

James

MORTARDUDE 06-02-2004 11:30 AM

Hal :

Great pictures brother !! Kudos to James for helping. I shared them with my sons last night. I took "Into Cambodia" with me to the VA shrink's office. I am going to take it July 1 as well. Thanks again.

Larry

Bill Farnie 06-02-2004 12:16 PM

Great pictures Hal
I notice in the HQ track pic there's a dog. Was he your mascot or did you pick him (her) up in Cambodia?

My company had a dog named Hank (female lol) who used to go with us when we provided security for the engineers while they cleared QL-1 of mines from Camp Eagle to some bridge outsite of Quang Tri

DMZ-LT 06-02-2004 12:38 PM

Hal

In heavy mine AO's our drivers would tie poles on the laterals and drive from up top but I never saw one with a chair tied to the top of the track ! LOL at the pic you posted of the Medic Track

Dragon Lady 06-02-2004 04:23 PM

Hmmm interesting Shower scenes. :) And that face! Were you shaving yet?

I am continually amazed when I see these old photos, whether they are from WWII, Korea, or Viet Nam. I am surprised at how young you all were when you joined. Or at least young looking. Holly-weird doesn't help with this image either. They only want to show the tough, wizened old sergeant. They rarely show the truth...that so many of our young, vibrant men have seen such atrocities and died in this country's battles.

Thanks Doc for sharing this snapshot of your life back then.

Desdichado 06-24-2004 07:36 AM

My old Brownie Hawkeye (still got it in a box somewhere) only managed a few pics that didn't actually suck to look at. I wish'd I had a nicer camera.

coachman 06-26-2004 07:27 PM

re: photos

Nice shots verrrrrrrrryyyyyyy interesting, Hummmmmm looks like some place I have seen before.