The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37642)

coachman 01-23-2005 01:03 PM

Forums

I have been surfing around looking at the other military forums and I am amazed at the sort of conduct that I am seeing. I will not name names but why do you have to be the sort of person that has to call people names and get involved in the infighting that goes on at one site I looked at. I did join that site a couple of months ago and after looking and reading some post I cancelled my account there. I know that we will not always agree on everything but I can't take the sort of antics I have been seeing. Just don't understand it. :d:

lilripple4vets 03-10-2005 05:54 PM

I know exactly what you mean. But, it's not that they "have" to be that sort of person. It's simply that they "choose" to be. God gave us a will of our own. And unless a person is under duress.....like say with a pistol held to his head or knife to his throat......there really is no good reason to treat each other that way. Perhaps it has something to do with anger, hatred, jealousy, revenge, greed and a few other emotions I am sure you can offer up.

Nancy

MORTARDUDE 03-10-2005 07:36 PM

some of us on here have been calling each other names, putting the little red devil icons in their posts, and generally going wild ( LOL ) for 4 or 5 years with the same folks..so just ignore some of it..don't let it give you heartburn, or leave or anything...

Larry

lilripple4vets 03-11-2005 12:08 AM

Larry....

I do believe coachman was referring to forums other than this one.....where the posts are filled with heated arguments leading to vicious name calling. I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, however.

So far, in the short time I've been here, I would say the name calling on this particular forum seems to be mostly done in jest....aka brotherly ribbing.......using those devil icons like you mentioned. I haven't run across any which would make me want to leave......or give me heartburn.....lol

With huggzz, I am
Nancy

Boats 03-11-2005 06:34 AM

I'm sure many of those folks are not actually military issue. Many have crosses to bare and are still deweeding themselves. This is a transition for them and sometimes takes more time for these folks than others to figure out what their problems are.

Growing up and having an education usually makes a big difference in the types of post that you compared to many others.

To express ones self is a freedom and we all have choices so if something bothers you - than don't go there. Don't try to analyze everyones problems. Some things are bigger than you or I and these folks have to work out their problems themselves.

I've found many such site like that and of course you have options. I like this site because most of the personnel here are intelligent and have issues of importance for most and its hard to describe the compassion you see here with many of the post.

In short we care about each other.

b3196 03-11-2005 07:46 AM

Boats
Your last sentence says it all.....Thanks!!!!
Bob K

coachman 03-11-2005 07:55 AM

Boats your right, and I was talking about fivePak's freedom of speech forum, down right nasty over there

MORTARDUDE 03-11-2005 10:21 AM

Nancy :

It does happen here too, unfortunately..usually around election time. A lot of us don't have the time, energy, or motivation to raise hell like we use to.

larry

coachman 03-11-2005 10:24 AM

Nancy you are right I was not talking about this one, I have seen plenty of nasty things on a few so called free speech forums and I think it is bad to have to do that in order to have a forum. I believe in free speech but come on if you have to be that nasty then shut it down.

lilripple4vets 05-04-2005 04:09 PM

I think the anonimity of the web often brings out the worst in some people, believing that since no one can see them, they can get away with being crude and rude........much like those who enjoy making harrassing phone calls without idententifying themselves and then hang up. They're just looking for a reaction and it gives them a feeling of power when they incite vehement responses to their posts.

Nancy