The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Radical Is Only In THe Eyes Of The Beholder (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498327)

HARDCORE 01-18-2019 10:35 AM

Radical Is Only In THe Eyes Of The Beholder

1-18-2019

Freedom of speech is fast becoming a lost art and persona non grata, especially when your opinions fail to coincide with anyone who disagrees with your point of view?

I once thought that offering up a personal opinion was a sacred right here within this country, so shame on me if my every view, my every idea and even my every thought, fails to coincide with what some people might have me say, do and think?

And shame upon me even more if I do not take the time to clear my views and ideas with anyone else before I utter them! I have never after all, even tried to influence or alter the thinking of another, but rather just to clarify how I personally feel. “So screw all of you who would have me be exactly what you would have me be!” I am not after all, merely an echo-chamber or a parrot!?

I have, once again, never considered myself to be radical – just opinionated and willing to express my own way of thinking! So if that makes me radical by your definition or anyone is uncomfortable with my thoughts, then I suppose that I will just have to live with it!

“Different Strokes For Different Folks”, so to speak!

“GOD ALMIGHTY” – What has our country and its freedoms turned into? And how dare I ever deem to independently think, or even to express, my own peculiar way of thinking, my sometimes odd-ball views, or even my own questionable ideas? “SHAME ON ME AND OUR FOUNDERS!!”

Hardcore

Boats 01-18-2019 11:55 AM

HC - I consider you to be an intuitive empath.
(Living long and learning all the while can give you this gift or is it)?

Intuitive empath is a person who has an unusual capacity for sensing and understanding the feelings of others. Could you be one?

Intuitive empaths know what others feel without needing to be told, and they have an unusually sharp sense for whether someone is being truthful or lying.

For this reason, many self-proclaimed intuitive empaths go into the healing professions. There’s a lot of reported evidence from psychologists for the existence of empaths, and it often seems to suggest that they are unhappier than others.

Empathy is present, in general, to a greater degree in women. A study from the journal of Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews stated that there are gender differences as regards empathic response from infancy.

It has been suggested that females are more empathic as a result of neurological adaptation to the traditional role of child-rearing, as it requires a sharper understanding of non-verbal expressions.

The traits of an intuitive empath:

1. You understand where other people are coming from

When empaths are in interactions with others, they’re able to understand how the other person feels and why they feel it. This makes them excellent listeners and great friends. However, being able to put themselves in other people’s shoes and feel as they feel can be extremely stressful. Apart from having to deal with the stress and difficulties which arise in their own lives, they take on other people’s suffering as their own.

2. You are oversensitive

If you are extremely sensitive or have been labelled as being too emotional, you may be an empath. Empaths seem to have the ability to experience emotions at a greater intensity than the rest of us. This can lead to increased joy and pleasure in life, but when they’re exposed to negative stimuli, it can cause extreme anxiety and distress.

It also means that they’re more prone to mood swings than others, as stimuli from the environment can change rapidly from positive to negative. Empaths are often very sensitive to noise and other disturbances, too.

3. You can’t stand witnessing the suffering of others

At one extreme of the empathy spectrum (the low end), there are people with disorders which cause anti-social and often violent, criminal behaviour. Empathic people are on the opposite end of the spectrum, not being able, in some cases, even to watch violent films. They also find things that many people laugh at, like the misfortunes of others, unbearable to witness.

4. You aren’t comfortable in large groups

Because of the intensity and diversity of stimuli in situations involving a large number of people, empaths tend to find being around big groups exhausting and anxiety-creating. It’s common for empaths to prefer being alone or with one or two people.

If they have to be in social situations involving large groups, it’s often necessary for them to withdraw early and take time alone to recharge their batteries.

5. You have physical symptoms after emotionally intense situations

Empaths often find that they experience physical symptoms in response to high-intensity situations. Headaches are common as well as fatigue. Empaths may also be more likely to respond to the anxiety they feel by abusing their own bodies with drugs and overeating.

Scientific basis for the existence of intuitive empaths
Empathy is something that nearly all human beings have, with the exception of people who have psychological disorders that prevent them from feeling empathy. Empathy is, therefore, something which is found in human beings on a spectrum – from high-empathy responses to low-empathy responses.

Confirming the existence of empaths scientifically is difficult though. Human neuroimaging is not at a level of advancement which would allow us to confirm that there’s something different going on in these people’s brains.

Up till now, tests have had to, in most cases, consist of surveys and questionnaires about how subjects perceive their own responses. This kind of evidence is very difficult for the scientific community to accept as a solid basis.

Scientists do not currently accept the use of terms such as intuitive empath just as they don’t accept terms like ‘psychic’ or ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception). Scientific research currently divides empathy into the categories of ‘emotional empathy’ and ‘cognitive empathy’. Emotional empathy is the ability to respond emotionally to what another person is going through, and cognitive empathy is the ability to comprehend another person’s perspective or mental state.

Neuroscience, however, which has been dedicated to investigating empathy over the last decade or so, has found that there is a scientific explanation for how living creatures are able to empathise with others.

Neuroscientists have called this phenomenon mirror-touch synaesthesia, where mirror neurons are activated when one animal sees another animal perform a particular behaviour. It has been suggested that in the case of empaths, mirror neuron activity is particularly acute.

It has been proposed that, like in the case of people with a very low empathic response, childhood trauma may be present to a greater degree in empaths than in the majority of the population.

The ability to empathise with the unpleasant experiences of another person may come, to some extent, from having had similar experiences. However, having had similar experiences does not always mean that someone is able to empathise with others going through the same thing.

HC - do you think you might be an intuitive empath? I think you have the tendencies.

You're a good man HC and well educated on top of that. You've had exposure to more things than most over the years. You want to share you knowledge with other's and yet we sometimes just don't get it right and it frustrates you. We've all been there once or twice in our lives. Our impairments are often times influenced by events of our everyday lives. Our concerns turn to those who are sick and ailing and we are asked by them why can't we fix them? We then feel like we've failed and it hurts like hell knowing that there are many things we can't fix no matter how hard we try. I know this.

But don't get discouraged you still have much to offer especially to those of us who read your postings and glean more from your messages than you can imagine. Your time like us all is measured on our contributions. Like so many before us they wanted to do so much more but time runs out and things move on even when we are gone. I've learned that and yes its sad - that all we wanted to do - couldn't get accomplished. But other's will learn from you HC and they will pass that along and that should mean something.

Boats