The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marines (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Morning Coffee! ;) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25033)

nang 02-13-2003 06:48 PM

How bout some decaf? Don't have to work tomorrow- life is truly good. It's cold out, but that's ok. The bombs aren't dropping yet, so that's ok. It is just so mind boggling lately-all the media talk. It tires me out. Think I'll turn off the tube and go read a book. Thanks for the cofffee. :ab:

wrbones 02-13-2003 11:23 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and find a squat somewhere! Paper'll be here directly! We'll worry about the rest of the world then!

I haven't been thinkin' of too much today. Just had that alert on my mind like most of us I reckon. There ain't too much I can do being a poor country boy tryin' to become a town kid again! LOL. I don't figure I'm in a place that's gonna catch too much terrorist attention til summer hits anyway. There'll be tourists around by the tens of thousands and Mt. Rushmore just a 20 minute crive away. There's better targets anyway than some piece of rock. Plus they got it sealed off pretty tight. Yer gonna play hell climbin' up there and get away with it! LOL.

I do think about folks who can't affard that duct tape and plastic who're livin' in places where there might be more of threat. They're the ones who can't afford to put food back or extra containers for water or such. Like others, they don't have the cash fer NBC gear of any kind unless it's given to them. On and on with that sort of thinkin'.

Me. I seen and heard the beast in other venues than some around here. He don't worry me too much. Like stayin' inna motel. When it's time to check out, it's time to check out. Let 'em make up the bed and clean up the room fer someone else to get some use out of! LOL. Ya do what ya can to put that day off of course, but once ya done all ya can, ya done all ya can! LOL.

Some things are worth the effort, I reckon. But we all seem to forget that we're not gonna be around forever as individuals and there ain't a damn thing you can do about that! Ya face the facts, deal with it and move on. Keep livin'. Keep motivatin'. Keep doin' everything ya can to make things right for the yerself, yer family and the next guy so that hopefully, when it is time to check out, ya made things a bit better than they were when ya got here.

Some things don't get me too excited. I ain't like some when an emergency happens. I get all calm and shit. Freak out later sometimes, LOL, but in the middle of it, I don't get too excited, usually. When it comes to that terrorism and duct tape and plastic stuff, well, don't let these things mess with yer head too much. Prepare best ya can. Do what ya can ahead of time to be ready and worry about the important things in life. Lovin' yer family and friends and doin' the best ya can to give the next guy a hand up so that he's able to deal with things on his own. Makin' sure what principles ya have are stiill doin' the job for ya, that sort of thing...and...

...warmin' up yer coffee and gettin' yer day sorted out before ya head out the door. ;)

It's all good, folks. We'll get it sorted out. One thing at a time, first things first, settin' priorites....sooner or later we'll get it right. Might even do it better! It's a new day, folks! A new opportunity! Take advantage of it!

thedrifter 02-14-2003 07:20 AM

Goodmorning

Happy Valentine's Day......

Well I'm preparing for a few snow storms this weekend.....Starting tonight now going to monday morning we will have off and on snow.....We are being hit with a double wammie.....

Bones Like usually good topic....and coffee.........

All have a good day...and a great weekend......

Sempers,

Roger

PHO127 02-14-2003 10:25 AM

Hello Sgt Bones

I meant to drop in earlier but had some family business to handle. My Son called and he and girlfriend and her kids and two dogs were leaving Ft. Campbell this morning and would arrive this evening for long weekend stay. Sure will be good to see him. I rather suspect the clan is coming down to announce marriage plans.. Saaay this Marine coffee is pretty good. I needed a good jolt of caffeine. Can't stay long, Have to go to store and stock up. The two young ones are 12 and 15 and it hasn't been that long ago since I fed young growing boys. Gotta run now. Saaay that was good coffee will stop by more often.

nang 02-14-2003 10:45 AM

The sun is shining. That's a good thing. This coffee is good. Thanks :k:

wrbones 02-14-2003 11:23 PM

'Mornin' folks! Grab a cuppa joe and cop a squat somewhere! Coffee's on! Paper'll be here inna bit!How the hell ya doin' this mornin'! Well, that's what's coffee's for! Gets yer eyes open and yer brain to workin'! Ah, artificial stimulants! What would we do without them! LOL.

I ain't thought this through yet. I had visited about it before...I think. Anyway. I had some things goin' on and folks talkin' nice about me and I got to thinkin'. Not bein' real comfortable with compliments I do my best to be nice and say thank you if I can force it out, 'cause I know myself a bit. Been livin' with myself fer awhile now and some things I kinda regret. The last eighteen-twenty years I been tryin' to make up fer some of the stuff I screwed up when I was younger. You could say I just learned better...finally. LOL. Some folks are blessed with knowin' better to start with, the rest of us have to sort it out for ourselves! LOL. So another topic we've visited about before comes up and ties into this. Knowin' yerself. Ok, Ok, I'm gettin' there, just hold on fer a minute! LOL.

Al in all, it's just me. The grumpiness, the good stuff that I happen to say now and then, the regrets, the strengths, the weaknesses, it's all me. I try to see the balance of all of that I've said and done and I try to do my best to be a bit better person the next go 'round. Bein' real as I can be. Overall, it ain't a bad way to live....

...but it is kinda scary sometimes. Bein' transparent. ;) Part of growin' up. When ya stop growin', it's just the same as stoppin' yer learnin'. When it happens, I hope they're throwin' dirt in yer face...'cause yer dead already. Be real. It's an interesting way to live.

Warm up yer coffee folks! It's a new day! a new opportunity! Get yer head wrapped around yer day and go take advantage of it. We'll get it sorted out one of these days! LOL. Maybe! LOL.

nang 02-15-2003 04:41 AM

Thanks for the coffee ,again. It's refreshing that someone can be so open with their thinking. Most people drink their coffee, read the paper and move on. You seem to actually set your cup down once in a while and ponder. That's a good thing. I like this coffee shop. The mood is ' pretty much ' always positive, God knows we need more positive thinking.so, keep up the good work.... :ab:

wrbones 02-15-2003 11:02 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and try to get yer eyes open! It's Sunday! Ya gotta get ready fer the afternoon nap! LOL.

PHO 127, I hope yer enjoyin' yer visit with the family. Nang, you can have that decaf stuff! If it works for you, go for it, brother! LOL. Ponderin' is a hobby I've developed over the years. Takin' a minute or two and just considerin' stuff. Any ol' stuff will do! Kinda like whittlin'. Ya ain't tryin to carve nuthin much, yer just thinkin' while tryin' not to cut yer self! LOL. That's ponderin'. Tryin to sort things out without gettin' anybody hurt much! LOL

I got to thinkin' about takin' naps today. Personally, I think takin' naps oughta be an international law! Things might settle down if more people took naps. If nothin' else they wouldn't have as much time to get in trouble! LOL.

You know. I don't have a thing to visit over today! I ain't been thinkin' about too much, just kickin' back fer once. That damn easy chair of mine is what got me to thinkin' of naps. I spent four hours sawin' logs in the dang thing this afternoon! On the other hand, I didn't get into any trouble, either.

That easy chair ain't much to look at, but it sure is comfortable. Near every one who sits in it goes to sleep. Got one or two folks who stop by who've learned to sit up straight and sit on the edge of the seat if they don't want to nap out! Got some who drop by who insist on sittin' in the kitchen! LOL.

I take that as a compliment when folks are comfortable enough in my house to relax that much. They feel safe here. Ain't no one gonna jump them or mess with their heads...'least not too much anyway! LOL. When the biggest risk someone runs in yer house is nappin' out in the living room, you might be on to something. I can't put my finger on that something, but it's around my house somehow, somewhere, someway. Ya know what. I don't mind havin' that 'something' around my house a bit.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a new day! A new week! We'll get it right this time. Might even do it a bit better! After all,it's a new opportunity. Enjoy yerselves....but take advantage of it. It might be a good day for a nap....;)

catman 02-16-2003 07:42 AM

wrbones...good post and thanks for the coffee. Have a chair just like that in my livingroom, i only wish I didn't have to fight the wife and kids for it so much!

Trav

thedrifter 02-16-2003 08:41 AM

LAZY SUNDAY MORNING........
Sure can use that coffee this morning............It started snowing early this morning, wasn't suppose to start until later today. They be saying 12 to 20 + inches thru tomorrow afternoon......Looks like another couple of days snowed in.....LOL
At this rate, probably will not be able to see my car soon.......LOL
Have to blame it on Sparrowhawk, he said he was going to pass all that rain over here, only trouble it turned to snow......LMAO
Should be a nice day to cuddle up next to Ellie and enjoy the day. Always nice to spent time with your loved ones.
Everybody have themselves a great day and spend some time with those who are most important in their lives...........

Sempers,

Roger