The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marines (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Morning Coffee! ;) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25033)

wrbones 02-16-2003 11:24 PM

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better get a cup and get yer yeys open! LOL.

Catman, I'm lucky, I guess. I ain't got to fight anyone fer my easy chair no more. On the other hand, takin' naps alla time is startin' to make me wonder about myself....

I ain't really got anything this mornin'. Just somethin' I been wonderin' about from a couple weeks ago. I said somethin' about youth and old age and such and I didn't really get said what I wanted to say, so I thought I'd go back and look at it again fer a minute or two. Of course, I never really get things said right, but wth! I like to try! LOL.

There's a strength that comes with youth that we lose as we get older. Physical, even mental strength to some extent. We've learned that we can't do everything as we get older. As a matter of fact, there's a helluva lot we just better not even try! LOL. But like I said before, what we get in exchange is some wisdom and experience and we've learned some life lessons that we really didn't pay as much attention to when we were younger. We gain a strength of soul. A strength of spirit. A strength of peace and wisdom. That is what I meant when I said previously, " The strength of youth." and "the strength of age." So no matter where we are in life, we have strength, it's just that the strength is not what we were once used to. In time we come to recognize this, but through many trials and life's experience and lessons along the way.

I wouldn't trade what I know now fer bein' young again...although I would like to have the younger version of my body back....someone's kidnapped it or something.....

If they want a ransom, I'm screwed!

Warm up yer coffee folks! It's a new day! We can get it right this time! Who knows, we just might get it done better this go 'round!

thedrifter 02-17-2003 11:20 AM

AFTERNOON COFFEE...........
Looking outside, I see that the snow has finally stopped falling......We have 21 + inches............Coffee sure tastes just a little better today.............Going to send all this snow Cook's way and dump it on his lawn.........LMAO.......Since he is the one that sent the storm this way..........DC and Philly are shut down, hard getting around........Sent a working party outside to shovel the snow..........running out of places to put it......LOL................Seems like yesterday there was no stopping what we could do..........Like Bones said, somebody kidnapped our youth........LOL
Well have to go check on that work detail.........Still have to find a way to pay back Cook..........LMAO

Sempers,

Roger

PS: Coffee is still on, good and hot, grab another cup and relax......

wrbones 02-17-2003 11:07 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get comfortable somewhere! Paper'll be here directly...'cept fer you east cost types. It might be late today! ;)

All this talk about snow, the next thing you know, you'll be out havin' snow ball fights and buildin' snowmen and snow forts or something! LOL. Ain't a damn thing wrong with that, either! Fergettin' to have fun once in awhile is just like learnin'. When ya ferget how, it's time to be havin' dirt throwed in yer face! LOL. Well, a snowball anyway! LOL.

I been thinkin' a bit today! Yep! Here it comes! LOL. No, I'll keep it kinda short today. LOL. I've run into this one a few times lately, and I've kinda touched on it over coffee before, but today, it hit home. I got kinda aggravated! Shut up and drink yer coffee! I'm tellin' this! Anyway, I asked a kid a question today and he came back with "Well, blah, blah, blah." I said, "Wait a minute. That's not what I asked ya. Answer the question I asked ya!" I'll give the kid credit! He answered me that time! LOL. Some won't or can't, fer whatever reason. It ain't just kids, either, fer cryin' out loud. I do remember bein' that way when I was younger...until I got to MCRD anyway! LOL. I don't think I was as bad as some, but we all think that way, so I reckon I can't hide behind that excuse, can I! LOL.

We sometimes get so involved in ourselves that we don't think about listenin' to other folks or what they're sayin' or tryin' to say 'cause we're too busy thinkin' about what we're gonna say next! There's a lot of things behind that that I won't go into today, not in any depth anyway. I ain't no expert but I do have some thoughts on the subject that made sense outta it fer me. It took a few years of psych classes and such to give me a glimmerin, but I got an idea.

What? A hillbilly who can't build a paragraph and takin' psych classes? Well, some things should remain mysteries don't ya know. One of these days I just might tell ya! LOL.

Where was I anyway....

Oh, yeah. Gettin' to the point. I learned to pay attention to every word that folks say in every sentence. The way they say it, their body language and all that, too. Women can still buffalo me, but I'm learnin'! :D I'm kinda slow on the uptake sometimes so I have to do that. I still 'miss it', but not as often as I used to. LOL. I'm not thinkin' about what I'm doin' next or what I'm doin' tomorrow or anything like that. I'm listenin'. Now if ya catch me when I'm busy as hell, it's another story. Communication skills work both ways. Ya gotta pick the right time to speak to be sure yer understood! There's two sides to this story! LOL. Ya can't expect good communications if yer hammerin' on someone who's busy as hell. Ya gotta get their attention first! LOL.

I ain't sayin this right, but I think you get the idea. We're back to payin' attention again! LOL. When someone's askin' ya a question, it might be worth while to take a second and pay attention to what their sayin' so that you can answer the question they're askin'! ;)

Now I went and forgot what the question was....

Oh, well! Warm up yer coffee, folks! we'll get it sorted out! One of these times we'll do it better , too! In the meantime, get yer day sorted out before ya hit the road! We got a new opportunity, folks! Take advantage of it!

thedrifter 02-18-2003 08:34 AM

Morning Coffee..........
Sure nice to spend another day snowed in........Suppose to get 1 to 3 more inches of snow today........Like we really need it.
Bones sure said a lot today, but that is only if you are listening to what he had to say..........Always can count on him to spread a few words of wisdom.......

At least it is suppose to warm up here by tomorrow and up into the 50's by Friday..........From snow to flooding .........Philly got 18.9 inches at the airport........we got 24.5 up here in NE Philly....
Still trying to find my car....LMAO

Well another cup of coffee sure looks good.......LOl

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones 02-18-2003 10:59 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Better grab a cup and get some! Find a siddown somewhere and make yerself to home! Paper'll be here directly!

I ain't got a blessed thing this morning to visit over, so I thought I'd do something stupid!

Hey! Stupid works sometimes... or is it silly....wacky? Oh, hell, I don't know. Decide for yer selves!

http://www.castlemountains.net/flash...Cup_Of_Joy.swf

:D Sometimes there's great wisdom in silliness.....

Warm up yer coffee folks! Have a great day and don't let the bastards get ya down! ;)

nang 02-19-2003 11:27 AM

Now if that little mouse doesn't get you smiling - nothing will. That 's the second best cup of coffee I've had today. One of the parents , on my bus route had a good hot cup of joe waiting for me this morning. That was a pleasant surprize. We're getting a little bit of sunshine this afternoon. Lord knows I need it, gettin a bit of cabin fever I think. Everyone - have a good afternoon, and say something nice to someone, even if you don't feel like it. :ab:

wrbones 02-19-2003 11:38 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Glad to see ya! How the hell ya doin' this mornin! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get yer eyes open! Paper'll be here directly! Until then, kick back and get yer day sorted out before ya get rollin'!

I ran across a bit of one of my old bits of scribblin' today by accident. I was lookin' fer another old bit of scribblin' I'd done! LOL. I found the one I was lookin' for. Bad doggerel...well It wasn't meant to be that way, but when I see it now....Bad? or doggerel? Both dammit! It's doggerel 'cause it's bad! LOL. Anyway I ran across somethin' else. I wrote it fer quite another venue, but I can make some changes so that it'll work here and say what I want it to. Now come on. I hadda change it. You don't want me preachin' here. That's what it is. An old sermon. Didn't know I did some preachin' at one time did ya! LOL. Don't look so shocked! We all got things we don't talk about! LMAO. Don't worry. I never took money for it. If I ever did that agin, you'd have to trick me into takin' money fer doin' that. But I digress...

Anyway. It kinda hit home fer me. So without prayin' or takin an offerin' I'll just start with it. Somethin' like that was on my mind anyway today.

There are times when we become so caught up in work that we often neglect the more important aspects of our lives. We've lost perspective. We have trouble resting. Truly resting. Oh, we sit and watch the tube. Get on the net and chat. But we're always either doin' somethin', thinkin' about doin' somethin' or gettin' ready to do somethin'. Eventually, we reach the point where we're so stressed that we start makin' little mistakes. Becoming angry too soon, and too heatedly angry over things that shouldn't really bother us so much. Indeed rest becomes a bondage and a torment for us. We know that there is so much to do and so much that needs to be done. It's not that we mustn't work, just that we need to take a rest from it. All that we do has become some sort of competition to us. We feel we MUST do something. Our work has entered into our rest. We have lost the abilty to stop and consider. We've forgotten how to relax and just enjoy.

That's one of the reason's fer morning coffee. To just stop for a minute or three and visit for a bit over little things...or nothin' much at all. Just to relax for a minute. To be reminded that other things are important in life as well. To seek a place of balance. A place of relative peace. A place to think of nothing or of everything as needs be. There's no pressure here. It is a special place. One of companionship and understanding. A place of balance. Perspective.

A place to warm up yer coffee and get yer day sorted out before ya hit the road! ;)

It's a new day! We got another chance to get it right. Hell, who knows! We might even do it better this time!

Copies will not be available in the lobby at any price.

(Yes the sermon was longer, but only about fifteen minutes or so. Why be preachin' when ya can be dancin'and singin' gospel music!)

thedrifter 02-20-2003 09:54 AM

Goodmorning......

Sun is shinning.....bright....warming up for the second day....We are suppost to get to 44 today.....a little more of a melt down......
We are expecting the rain to come in tomorrow...and the are saying about 5 inches for us....Now we are going to get flooding....to add to our troubles....The news are warning us to climb our roofs.....since the snow we received over the weekend are causing the roofs of buildings to cave in......I can see it is going to be a long weekend........

Bones very sound advise....there....and I hope all think on it....
Yes I can loose my temper , but I can say Ellie has helped me to control it as much as possible.....If not, she will sit on me and make me count to ten......LOL....After I can think in all views and then come up with a conculusion......

Well back to work again......
All have a good day......

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones 02-20-2003 11:26 PM

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! coffee's on! Ya better find a cup and grab some! Paper'll be here directly! I got the front page and the comics! LOL.

I was busy today. Fer awhile there this morning I had two IM?s going, one chat, trying to do my job around leatherneck and waitin fer the phone to ring, cat hollerin?, news on TV. It was startin? to get distractin?! LOL.

I didn?t have anything in mind about what to visit over. Wonder what we?re talking? about today? Let?s see?

?Well?I suppose?I hate to think about it, but here we go?

Ya ever get to doin? something? and ya know ya done thought of everything and ya got all the bases covered! Yer just damn sure yer on top of things! Not a doubt in yer mind or a cloud in yer sky! THEN!!! Something pops up and ya say to yerself. What the hell? Where did that come from? I never thought of that happening? LOL.

Arrogance. Kind of a strong word, but that?s what it boils down to. We all suffer from it at times. We all figure we?re pretty independent! We can get anything taken care of! Just give us the resources and off we?ll go! Actually that?s one of things that?s made this nation as big and good and great as it is. On the other hand, it leaves us with a blind spot. We don?t see our weaknesses as well as perhaps we ought. Oh, we?ll get back on top of things as individuals and as a nation pretty damn quick, but?.we think we?ve got everything covered! We don?t plan for the worst case. Even when we do, it?s from a position wherein we think we can handle whatever comes up!

That kinda thinking? is where all of our laws come into play. The man who thinks he can build a house, although he hasn?t done it before, builds a house. Good for him! But then it burns to the ground with him and his family in it. Next thing ya know: building codes! Now ya can?t build a hen coop without a permit! Ya gotta appreciate a can-do attitude?but, (there?s always a ?but? ain?t there! LOL.) ya gotta know yer limits and know the extent of yer knowledge and abilities. We must acknowledge the fact that whatever our plans are, our plan will have some holes in it. Now, sometimes that can be overcome with experience and training, but there will always be something, maybe even just one thing, that we will not be able to predict or to allow for. We never thought of it.

It?s good to go it alone, but it?s better to have asked fer help when ya need it, or to get another opinion. Another point of view. And that?s what I try to provide while yer drinkin? yer coffee in the morning?.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It?s a good day! Hell, it?s Friday! If nothin? else, you can get rested up this weekend and try it all again on Monday! New opportunities folks! New chances to get it right! One of these days?..we?ll do it all better! ;)

MORTARDUDE 02-20-2003 11:58 PM

Wishing you the best of Fridays Mr. Bones

TGIF

Larry