The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marines (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Morning Coffee! ;) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25033)

wrbones 02-04-2003 10:57 PM

Morning Coffee! ;)

'Mornin' folks! LOL. How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and get some! Paper'll be along in a bit!

I normally post this on a daily basis on another site, but it seems to be offline fer this mornin', so I decided to put it here this time. I was gettin' fidgety fer some reason, but now that I've started the coffee, I feel....at peace! Well, there was that incident at the VA hospital cafeteria a few years ago, but I'm MUCH better now!

I usually talk about most anything and consider it to be a morning meeting at the coffee shop fer the old timers and whatever other early risers there are that drop by. Sometimes we spend a few minutes teasing each other. Sometimes we visit over politics and football or religion. Sometimes we visit over those imponderables of life, like "Are those real or do ya think she had things fixed up a bit?" or "Why does that jerk get on my nerves so much?" or sometimes, I get to wonderin' about who and what we are as human beings and Marines and why. Yeah, yeah, I know. Philosophical stuff.

Anyway, most folks seem to enjoy the coffee I fix in the mornin' and I try awful hard not to disappoint them. That has to do with who we are, as well. Humans, looking for some comfort in the middle watches of the night and thinking and sharing thoughts and dreams that we might not otherwise. That time just before dawn when you got the watch, ya know...

It is a time for pondering things and considering why we are the way the we are. A time for considering the future of ourselves as individuals and as a species. It's a time to acknowledge the potential we have as well, a time to dream and a time to plan out our days. A time to get ready for the day to come.

Even if the other site is online after tomorrow, I may stop by here and make some coffee for you folks, too, if yer amenable.

Now I know my own weaknesses and realize that I don't make everyone's day when I'm around, but if I see that the number views are ok, and folks are startin' to visit over coffee in the morning, I'll keep on fixin it.

I'm not as fidgety now. Thanks fer lettin' me scratch that itch. I hate to disappoint those folks, ya know!

It's about time to warm up yer coffee, folks. Get yer head wrapped around the day to come. We got time to get it sorted out. Maybe, if we keep trying we'll get it right one of these days! Who knows, we might even do it better than we did before!

nang 02-05-2003 01:51 AM

Mornin
Coffee's pretty good. Have any of those fancy schmansy creamers around? Thanks. you sure do a lot of ponderin for the middle of the night. But that's good. Someone has to do it.
Welcome, and thanks for the coffee :k:

thedrifter 02-05-2003 04:53 AM

Goodmorning

Who the Hell open the windows again...Tempertures dropped starting yesterday afternoon.....So we went from 52....back down to 22.....

Well I see some folks found patroitfiles....I have been a member of our sister site for almost a year now, I believe....Gary...who is Sgt Blake here....
There is lots of good folks here.....so enjoy till our home is found again...

I knew new things were coming but did not expect this......

Will try to keep you all up to date when I get word....which I hope to hear some soon......

Enjoy all........
Will be back soon...need to answer more email.......

Sempers,

Roger

2091351 02-05-2003 06:45 AM

Howdy!

Found this after Leatherneck.com shut down this AM.

Take care-Steve

thedrifter 02-05-2003 06:50 AM

Goodmorning.......

Leatherneck is being worked on right now....Glad to have you on board our sister site.....
Take a look around....
Will try to keep all of leatherneck members informed what is going on.......
Sempers,

Roger

wrbones 02-05-2003 11:45 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and cop a squat somewhere! Yer day ain't started yet! You got time to plan it out before ya hit the road! Make sure yer eyes are open and ya got yer boots on the right feet and yer shirt buttoned up straight! LOL. Don't laugh! I've done it a time or three! Usually after a short, hard night, but I've done it! LOL.

Some of you folks familiar with my ramblin's might find some of this repetitive, but you know that never stopped me before either! LOL. What was I thinkin' anyway....Well, shit, I was gonna be repetitve, but I can't remember what I was gonna repeat! I'm blamin' that on that spring loaded tow bar on a corrosion control cart in '83. My poor memory has nothin' to do with all the hooch I drank when I was younger! LOL.

I was thinkin' earlier about something, though. So I'll visit about that fer a bit. Do you remember bein' on active duty and havin' someone come around messin' in yer 'house'? Some jerk off from outta the unit would come in and start somethin' and it seemed like that they had to be reminded "YER IN MY HOUSE NOW!" It didn't matter what rank they had on their collar either! LOL. If they were stupid enough to cross yer formation or some such? I was wonderin' how much of that you still carry with you.

Myself, I've carried that with me to this day. Someone comes into my house and tries to start somethin', they always get that reminder. Had a biker try that once. He backed right down and rethought his strategy. 'Course it didn't hurt none that I was dang near twice his size, either! LOL. We ended up bein' pretty good friends 'til he hit the road that last time. I haven't seen or heard from him since. That happens with old road dogs now and then. I haven't had a bike fer a lot of years now, so don't go there. I ain't got much to tell, and some things I don't dare tell! LOL.

But, anyway. I've come to the conclusion, that where ever I go, it's my house, within a certain perimeter around me. Someone trys to upset me out in town, they're messin' with my house. Someone mouths off to the ol' lady, they're messin' with my house. Anything those people do that I might end up takin' home with me and stayin' upset over fer any length of time, they're messin' with my house.

My house is sanctum sanctorum. My house is peaceful fer the most part. A place where I go to relax. A place where I don't have to worry about threat assessments or SMEAC or nothin' like that. When people come over to my house, they know it's a place they can kick back and relax. Most end up snoozin' on the couch or my old easy chair, not outta boredom, but because they relax so much. Hell, I got a couple of folks who come over who prefer to sit in the kitchen and visit. They get tired of nappin' when they're here! LOL. Well, of course the neighbors and I have worked some things out, within limits ya know. I don't shit on their doorstep and they don't shit on mine.

So, that old saying has another meaning to me, "Where ever ya go, there ya are." The peace of yer house goes with you to a certain extent as well as the threat assessments. Normally I have folks smilin' at me as I go about my business out in town. They visibly relax. When I'm tense out in town, they visibly tense up when they see me. "Where ever ya go, there ya are."

Now, it's not only 'my house'. It's the "Peace of My House" that I watch out for. Anything that messes with the peace of my house is somethin' that I try to stay away from, or to deal with and be done with it, before I head for home.

Just ramblin'. I didn't get it said quite right, but....when I get it figured out, I'll let ya know! Meanwhile...

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! Hell, we got another chance to get it right! Might even do it better this go 'round!

MORTARDUDE 02-06-2003 03:29 AM

test

test

wrbones 02-06-2003 03:53 AM

Hey! I make good coffee! There's no need to test it before ya drink it! :D

nang 02-06-2003 02:23 PM

How bout a" just got off from work need Something to wake me up so I can do the stuff around the house I need to" cup of coffee/ Thanks, yeah this tastes about right.
I agree with your territorial attitudes too. I love my home.
Thanks for the java :k:

thedrifter 02-06-2003 02:37 PM

TESTING COFFEE.......

Hey Bones, you know how those dogfaces are.......couldn't find there a$$hole from a hole in the ground.....LMAO......They need an officer to analize it and than tell them it is fit for drinking........LOL

Sempers,

Roger

PS: nang, coffee is always on over at leatherneck......we love to shoot the breeze.....LOL......Stopover and have a cup or two, Bones still makes the best coffee around........

wrbones 02-06-2003 10:43 PM

Morning Coffee!

Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and find a sit down! It's another glorious day! Well, it's another day anyway! LOL. Paper'll be here in a bit. Get comfortable and get yer head to workin' before ya take off this mornin'!

I don't have a thing on my mind this mornin'. Only thing that keeps runnin' through my head is the thought of my Grandma Bonesteel's coffee when I was younger. She had an electric perk coffee maker. Of course she had one fer the top of the stove if the electric one broke, but Grandpa liked that electric percolator. Coffee from that had a different smell. A different flavor. The smell of her coffee woke me on many a morning as I and my my next younger brother spent a lot of time there, especially in the summers. We helped them out doin' chores and such around the place for them.

It's funny how some smells can bring back memories. I hear it's been proven to be a part of how our brain operates. Helps us to remember stuff. There was a lot more to that, but I don't remember it all right now and I ain't goin' there anyway. Some smells bring back good memories. Others are like havin someone's name on the tip of yer tongue. You know it's a familiar smell, but you just can't, quite, place it without other things that it went with bein' present, textures and colors and such

For me, those smells mostly bring back good memories. Bein' outside. The smell of each season of the year as it passes. Mom's fresh baked bread rolls! Grandma's beef roast and cakes. The smell of fesh cut hay. A beautiful woman wearing good perfume or cologne. Even, for those of us who know, the smell of JP-5 in the morning! LOL.

Think about the good things today. Don't forget the present, for the present has evolved from our past, but remember the good things for today.

The smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning, for example.

Warm up yer cups, folks. Plan out yer day vefore ya get started. It's a new day! New opportunities! Go out and take advantage of them.

DMZ-LT 02-07-2003 05:36 AM

Good post Bones. Talcum powder still makes me think of babies and that old pith helmet in the basement still smells like death.

thedrifter 02-07-2003 06:52 AM

Goodmorning

It's been snowing here since 9:00 last night.....We are snowing heavy now..but they are saying it is almost out of here.....We have about 7 inches on the ground now...They are saying tricky driving out there......but most folks that tried to get to work turn themselves around....that's if they didn't get stuck getting out of our driveways......LOL.....
My family decided its not worth trying to get to work....so Ellie and I have plenty of company today....LOL....

Bones......I sure can smell the coffee......Thanks........

Well no more playing games.......back to work.........
All have a good day....and a great weekend.......

Sempers,

Roger

nang 02-07-2003 07:32 PM

One of my favorite smells is Lilac. I had two big Lilac trees outside my bedroom window when I was young. In the mornings, before I'd even open my eyes, I could smell those delicate purple flowers. It must be a little bit like what heaven is going to smell like.
2nd favorite coffee can just being opened
3rd a fresh lit match
4th wood burning in a campfire
call me weird. ok. :ab:

wrbones 02-07-2003 11:08 PM

Morning Coffee!

I had a complaint from a guy who frequents both this and 'the other board'. He was teasin'. LOL. So I decided for some of the morning coffee over here, I'd post some of the "archived" coffee posts here once in awhile. I don't think he's gone back anad read the old ones yet! LOL. It takes me half an hour or more to type this stuff, as I'm no typist, but it all comes off the top of my head. I type what I'm thinkin' at the time, as I think it. Some of it's just so much crap. Some of it might be worth considerin' fer a minute or two. I hope it does ya some good now and then. If so, well and good. If not, ;) ya might want to get yer mornin' coffee somewhere else! LOL.

Here's an old one for ya.

Good mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on, come on in and grab some! Always good to see ya! Grab a sit and relax. Ya got a little bit of time before yer day starts. If ya don't, ya need to hit the rack earlier! LOL.

Had some fun in chat last night. Had a good crowd. Wish I coulda stayed a bit longer, but ....Life Is.....LOL. Ya might want to go back and read the notes concerning our old business here in our little mornin coffee meetings to find out what "life is"! LOL. Good luck! That's a lot of reading!

Well, I haven't had anything really on my mind today. Like I say, I've always got somethin' cookin' on the back burner, but nothin's really done cookin' yet! LOL.

Was thinkin' about active duty earlier. Seems like most folks miss it one way or another after they get out. All of our reasons are good at the time. Some of us can't go back even if we wanted to.
Partly, it's nostalgia of sorts, no matter how bad it was, we remember our buddies. We remember at times, only the good things, and just for a bit, we miss it. We miss the different things we saw, we miss the job, we miss the excitement. Myself, I miss it now and then for a couple of reasons. I miss the people, I miss the job. You see, like I've said other times, it mattered more than anything else I've ever done. It had meaning.

I also remember the games that were played. I remember some of the injustices perpetuated on people. I remember those damn long inspections! LOL. I remember the pressure and stress. I remember people dying. I didn't see them die mostly. Some I saw afterwards. I remember the long hours. Mostly long hours where everything became nightmarish after days and weeks of sleep deprivation and not enough to eat. I remember the ****birds as well. The troublemakers. Usually they didn't last. One way or other they straightened up or were gone.

I remember.

I guess what I'm reachin' for here is balance. Remember, but don't remember only the good things, or only the bad things. Remember it all. Perhaps then, it might, maybe, become meaningful.

Balance.

Balance is always a good thing. Moderation. If ya gettin too big fer yer britches, seek balance. If things gettin' ya down too much, seek balance.

That's why I try to have a bit of fun, even if it is sometimes a bit silly or undignified. It's my way of seeking balance for being so serious most of the time.

Another thing is to be aware if ya become too self critical or critical of others. For every word ya say that's negative, seek balance. Say something good as well.

Like all analogies or metaphors, it only goes so far, but the essence is there.

For example, I wouldn't recommend tellin' a lie for every truth ya told, although that might be an interesting experiment one of these days....

Look for balance folks. That's one of the ways we can figure how to get things right. If nothin' else , it ain't gonna hurt. Might even make things better!

Warm up yer coffee folks. It's a good day.

usmcsgt65 02-08-2003 06:07 PM

I live in Las Vegas, the only snow I see is 30 miles away and 1800 feet up. Forgot what snow was when I moved from Cincinnati. :i:

wrbones 02-09-2003 02:29 AM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get settled somewhere! It's Sunday. Time to kick back and spend some time reflectin' on things I guess. I don't do that every day! Mostly I just see somethin' goin' on and get to thinkin' is all! LOL.

Lots to think about ain't there! Life is. Sometimes you get to thinkin' about stuff and how hard or difficult it all is and then somethin' really dramatic happens anad you have to re-think yer position. I ain't talkin' about the drama queens who get all upset over some birds on a firing range either! Folks like that don't seem to understand that the world is still all about plain and simple survival for most of the rest of us.

Some folks have a hard time gettin' to the doc's office cause they ain't got a ride. Others have to worry about food, rent or clothes, livin' paycheck to paycheck if they have one. Then we get rich politicians makin' up laws that are really for rich people to worry about, the rest of us have to worry about goin' to jail over that stuff. and still....still, we're way ahead of many nations on this earth, even those with freedoms and a certain amount of liberty.

Many of those we consider to be poor in this nation have much more than others like them had when I was a kid growing up, so in most cases things have improved overall for most of us. Many today don't know what it is to use an outhouse fer example. Many folks wouldn't know how to grow their own food and can it if they had to, or how labor intensive it can be. Others don't have a clue what it's like to have to use the bus...even many of the poor today have their own vehicle...even if it might be twenty years old or older.

All these things on our minds today plus stock markets, oil, and the last couple years with terrorism on most folk's radar, finally, something is starting to change. Some of the rich and some of the middle class have forgotten what a struggle they and their parents had to get them where they are today. Some are fearful that they will lose it. They don't want anything to rock the boat they've been so comfortably ensconced in over the last few decades. Reality has once again begun to intrude into their lives.

This is a tough ol' world folks. We can't really get too comfortable for too long. It'll catch up to us when we don't expect it. Then many of our little causes won't matter so much anymore. We'll be too busy worrying about what is gonna happen to us.

The bad news is, things change.

That's the good news. Things change. We aren't lotus eaters as of yet. We cannot afford to be. Vigilance is yet required. The world is not a safe place and I doubt that it ever will be without divine intervention. People are people and life is.

Perhaps we need to start thinking about tomorrow and prepare for it, instead of considering only the day and ourselves. There's always enough drama going on in the world. We don't need to add to it with our little projects and causes and keeping up with the latest fads and fashions and who has the newest house , TV set or pickemup truck.

We need to start looking for peace and realizing that our peace needs to be protected at all costs. Therefore we must remain strong and vigilant. Perhaps it's time to give up lotus eating as well, and remember where we came from. A nation of strong individualists who wanted something more for themselves and for their children's children's children.

Well, I got that all confused, but wth, I ain't inna classroom or I'd a spent a couple more hours gettin' that essay just so! LOL.

It's morning coffee, and speaking of which, it's past time to warm it up and take a look at the comics! Hey! Lotus eating is ok as long as ya take it in small doses, otherwise, yer useless after awhile ain't ya! LOL

When I get it all figured out, I'll let ya know! In the meantime, if you find any answers, let me know wuld ya! I need alla help I can get.

We'll gt it right one of these days. Might even do it better! Hell, it's a new day! a new opportunity to get it all figured out! ;)

nang 02-09-2003 07:04 AM

All I know is, Looking outside now at the snow and 6 degree temp., it would be mighty nice to be somewhere else. In the boat on a lake with my kid and my dog and my husband and a cold lemonade. But other than that, life is good. And now I have to get ready for church so I can go Thank god for my life. see ya :a:

wrbones 02-09-2003 11:34 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and get yer eyes open! Paper'll be here after a bit!Got two inches of fresh snow! Looks beautiful out there this mornin'! I hate shovelin it, though! Turnin' into hard work anymore! LOL.

Spent some time in chat last night. Lots of new folks runnin' around there! Got a chance to vist with SgtofMarines fer a few minutes. He'll be headin' out anytime now. He's actually kinda aggravated fer some reason. Get ready. Wait. Get ready. Wait. Get ready. I told him that some things never change! LOL. Hope those boys do ok. I ain't there to make sure they're trained right anymore! LOL. That's my biggest concern. Makin' sure folks are trained and ready for anything. Other than that, we had a job to do.

I've met a few folks the last few days online who didn't have a clue about what the Marine Corps is and what it's all about. One thing that keeps comin' up is the 'mystique'. The fellowship. Why we care so much for one another. Kinda hard to describe that one, and I know they can't be satisified with "If you're not a Marine, you'll never understand." as true as that statement is.

So, I'll try to say it in words one more time, knowing well ahead of time that there aren't really words to tell it with.

It's sharing the same canteen. It's arguing over who gets what c-rats, then throwing them in a pot together. It's sharing a fighting hole all night with a Marine you may not know, but knowing, too, he'll be there keepin' an eye on things while you get some shut-eye. It's standing in formation for some bull-**** inspection or re-tirement ceremony for hours on end. It's being a part of the flag ceremony. Picking any four Marines to do it and knowing in less than an hour you can have every move nailed to the wall, 'cause you've seen it done and know how to drill inside and out. It's bustin' yer ass to get that helo up and turnin' and burnin' because a brother is countin' on ya. Some Marine ya never met and probably will never meet is counting on you somewhere else. He knows yer doin' yer best to get the goods to him. He can count on ya.

It's sharing a squad bay and listening to everyone else snore and fart, 'cause you know you don't do either, but you don't want to be anywhere else in the world but right there and right then. It's helpin' the next guy get his **** ready when you got yers done and squared away. Next time it might be you needin' a quick hand, and you know he'll be there helpin' ya out. It's joinin' in when that fight out in town busts loose and you gotta cover each others ass all the way to morning inspection! LOL.

It's bein there and knowin' the Marine next to you will be there. It's shared experiences and a shared heritage, for those who have gone before have left you something to be proud of. You can't let them down. They're watchin', and hopefully, they're proud.

A team of Marines. A family. A brotherhood. Inexplicable, Inescapable. Indefatigable. Unbeatable. Four words say it all.

United States Marine Corps.

Two more leave everyone else in the dark.

Semper Fidelis.

Ah, well. It was worth another shot. One of these days I'll get it right.

In the meantime, warm up yer coffee and get yer day planned out. It's a new opportunity to get it right! A new chance to get it better. Might even get it all figured out one of these days!

Hoyin 02-10-2003 04:59 AM

Ahh..coffee and bagels and cream cheese...and wool socks and a space heater! In Mongolia if you could get ahold of all of those things you'd be a rich and lucky person.
I aint a rich and lucky person but I do have one pair of wool socks!
Email me coffee ;)

DMZ-LT 02-10-2003 05:42 AM

Hoyin, if your yurt has an address let us know and we will send care packages. Damn this bagel and cream cheese is good.

thedrifter 02-10-2003 07:03 AM

Goodmorning

Well another day...cold......and snowing.....Hell I'm getting tired of looking at this white stuff......LOL....We can't even get rid of it since it is too cold for it to melt......and they are telling me another snow storm is coming by Friday......I soon won't be able to get out my front door.....LOL.....

Bones can't say it much better......

Well need to get some more work done......
All have a good day.......and keep warm......

Sempers,
'
Roger

wrbones 02-10-2003 10:53 PM

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Come on in and get some! Grab a cup and make yerself to home! Paper'll be here directly!

We got a few folks either already over in the sand box or on their way. God speed, Marines! Like Sparrowhawk said somewhere else. LOCK AND LOAD! GET SOME! We're thinkin' about ya.

There's a lot of new kids runnin' around leatherneck.com right now. Some are playin' it straight and lookin' things over before they open their pie holes. Others are expecting to be spoon fed. I'm glad mine are raised and growed up. I ain't got the patience anymore! LOL. 'Course my kids were smart enough to understand the first time they were told...well...'cept fer pickin' up their rooms. LOL. I know that most of them can be sorted out. I don't mind helpin' at all. I've done what little I could. I've spent hours in chat and IM with some of them, and here and there I spent all night visitin' with some of them tryin' to answer their questions and help get them sorted out as best I could. I found and posted everything I could think of for them to read and look at so they'd have at least a clue. I know Drifter and several others have done much the same. Some of the kids are taking full advantage of that, thank God. Once more in this forum, I'll say it again. The POOL-ee Hall and Mentor forums have everything they need to know...or links to it! Plus stuff for Mom amd Dad!

Now. I wish some of the kids who used to come in here would stop by and tell us if we did them any good in gettin' ready fer MCRD! LOL. Call home, dammit! LOL. They're probably too busy gettin ready fer other things right now, though. I suppose I'll forgive them this time! LOL.

Kinda interesting how much it comes to mean to ya over the years. Ya get caught up in helpin' someone and then loose track of them after they're on their feet and motivatin'. After awhile a person kinda wonders how they're doin'. Sometimes I wonder outa curisoity. Sometimes I wonder outta genuine concern. Sometimes I get took! LOL. But still...

Ya gotta care about other folks. I mean, you have to let them be responsible for their own mistakes and all, but still. I like doin' what I can.

Even if the kids on leatherneck don't always think so! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a new day! A new opportunity to get it right! A nother chance to do it all better this time!

We'll get it right one of these days! Don't fret the small ****.

Hoyin 02-11-2003 04:58 AM

My GER doesnt have an address and my apartment is GET THIS
Orkhon Aimag
Erdenet Mongolia
Dont DONT DONT send anything. The Post Office will decide wether they like me enough to keep it or give it to me and in the meantime make me miserable. There IS a hell on earth and its Erdenet Post Office. NEVER send anything to my soum (town)
You can just think warm coffee thoughts for me!

DMZ-LT 02-11-2003 05:21 AM

O no !! They don't inspect the packages do they ? How do they feel about controlled substances ? Do they have seperate prisons for men and women? Just kidding Hoyin - warm coffee thoughts to ya ! :a:

thedrifter 02-11-2003 08:01 AM

Goodmorning

Sure can use a cup of coffee.......Smells great Bones....Thanks.....

Well our big snow storm...decided to whimp out yesterday.....I guess I should be happy...but all it did was cause us more problems and it brought back the cold weather.....LOL....

Lots of work to do again...........

Well all have a good day.............

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones 02-11-2003 11:02 PM

'Mornin' folks! COffee's on! Grab a cup and find a place to park it fer a bit! It's early yet! Relax and get yer day sorted out! Make sure yer eyes are open first! Ya hit the ground runnin' before yer eyes are open good is a decent way to get wrecked! LOL

You folks don't be afraid to speak up. But. Like I've said before, morning coffee is a good place to just kick back, drink yer coffee and hear what everyone else has to say! I hope yer comfortable here. That's what mornin' coffee is all about. Relaxin' and seein' what's goin' on and maybe if yer lucky have some decent company fer a bit before ya start yer day!

Ya know, if yer day is kinda mundane, that's a good thing. I remember too many days in my life that weren't so mundane, but I was younger then...and didn't really appreciate a good cup of coffee either! LOL. Mundane things. Drivin' to work every day. Gettin' up, fixin' coffee, readin' the paper, talkin' with the ol lady fer a bit, watchin the news. Breakfast. Havin' decent clothes to wear, a roof over yer head, a reliable car. Boring ain't it? Playin' with the kids, changin' diapers, and all of a sudden yer watchin' yer little girl kiss her ol man! LOL. As boring as life seems, there's always somethin' that seems to catch us off guard, at least momentarily. Things that can irritate ya at the time, maybe. Make ya take another look at yerself and yer motives. Maybe even make ya re-think yer strategy. LOL. Kinda like seein' more grey hair on yer head every day, maybe! LOL.

We trade one thing fer another as we grow older, I think. Hopefully we're tradin' youth and strength for wisdom and peace. Hopefully we're tradin' excitement and adrenaline for stability and strength. Damn, I'm startin' to sound like a fortune cookie again! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! ;) Ya got another opportunity to get things right! If yer lucky, you'll got it done better this time!

I got the comics and the front page when the paper gets here!

SEATJERKER 02-12-2003 03:03 AM

coffee's.brewing...

...and just a splash a real vanilla for the smooth...

...no shut eye, but another day is upon us...

...spring is coming Rodger...

...just waiting until the sun comes up...

wrbones 02-12-2003 11:22 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Paper'll be here inna bit! Grab cup and a sit and get yer head wrapped around the idea of wakin' up! LOL.

Mornin' coffee is a place to sit and relax. Kick back and get yer head wrapped around the yer day and maybe enjoy some good company. Listen to other folks visit or join in fer a bit yerself, if only to say "Howdy." Maybe just sit and have a decent cup of joe. It's a time and a place that becomes comforting. It becomes a habit. A good habit. A place to maybe think about things fer a bit that ya wouldn't normally consider or have time to consider. It's a place and a time to look beyond yer situation fer a bit and consider, thoughtfully, where yer at, where yer goin', and maybe how to get there from here. A time to share yer troubles maybe without gettin' screwed with or screwin' with someone else. A time to joke and tease, perhaps, but without meanness or malice. Maybe even a time to consider politics, religion and football! LOL.

Morning Coffee is a friendly place. A refuge from the rest of the world for at least a few minutes outta the day. It's a place out of our past...and a place to look towards the future. A timeless place between dusk and dawn. A place to consider ways of meeting that future without fear of rejection for thinking out loud ...what others dare not say in other venues.

Morning coffee is home. A refuge and what I call, " A place to get out of the weather." It is a sanctuary, however fleeting and temporary, from the storms of life. It is a place to get yer mind and soul refreshed for the day ahead. It is a place wherein you know that you aren't alone, and for a few minutes at least, you are a part of something more than you are by yerself. A place of mundanity. A place of re-freshing. A place of relative peace. It is a social and yet a private place.

Morning coffee is community and community is acceptance. Yer home here.

Leave all that stress and discomfort and pain at the door fer a bit and kick back and relax.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! What? Hell yer alive ain't ya! That's a pretty good start! It's a new opportunity! A new chance to get it right! A new opportunity to get it better maybe. Take advantage of it!

thedrifter 02-13-2003 11:59 AM

Goodmorning

The weather is bitter here.....snow is in the forcast starting friday night into sunday....At this time they can't say how much......
I have to thank Sparrowhawk (Cook) for this storm since it is the rain storm that has hit CA......Thanks Cook........

Bones I would like to Thank You for reminding the folks what Morning Coffee is... A place just to sit back and enjoy each others company......which I enjoy........
Coffee is good Bones as usually.........

Well all enjoy there day.......

Sempers,

Roger

nang 02-13-2003 06:48 PM

How bout some decaf? Don't have to work tomorrow- life is truly good. It's cold out, but that's ok. The bombs aren't dropping yet, so that's ok. It is just so mind boggling lately-all the media talk. It tires me out. Think I'll turn off the tube and go read a book. Thanks for the cofffee. :ab:

wrbones 02-13-2003 11:23 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and find a squat somewhere! Paper'll be here directly! We'll worry about the rest of the world then!

I haven't been thinkin' of too much today. Just had that alert on my mind like most of us I reckon. There ain't too much I can do being a poor country boy tryin' to become a town kid again! LOL. I don't figure I'm in a place that's gonna catch too much terrorist attention til summer hits anyway. There'll be tourists around by the tens of thousands and Mt. Rushmore just a 20 minute crive away. There's better targets anyway than some piece of rock. Plus they got it sealed off pretty tight. Yer gonna play hell climbin' up there and get away with it! LOL.

I do think about folks who can't affard that duct tape and plastic who're livin' in places where there might be more of threat. They're the ones who can't afford to put food back or extra containers for water or such. Like others, they don't have the cash fer NBC gear of any kind unless it's given to them. On and on with that sort of thinkin'.

Me. I seen and heard the beast in other venues than some around here. He don't worry me too much. Like stayin' inna motel. When it's time to check out, it's time to check out. Let 'em make up the bed and clean up the room fer someone else to get some use out of! LOL. Ya do what ya can to put that day off of course, but once ya done all ya can, ya done all ya can! LOL.

Some things are worth the effort, I reckon. But we all seem to forget that we're not gonna be around forever as individuals and there ain't a damn thing you can do about that! Ya face the facts, deal with it and move on. Keep livin'. Keep motivatin'. Keep doin' everything ya can to make things right for the yerself, yer family and the next guy so that hopefully, when it is time to check out, ya made things a bit better than they were when ya got here.

Some things don't get me too excited. I ain't like some when an emergency happens. I get all calm and shit. Freak out later sometimes, LOL, but in the middle of it, I don't get too excited, usually. When it comes to that terrorism and duct tape and plastic stuff, well, don't let these things mess with yer head too much. Prepare best ya can. Do what ya can ahead of time to be ready and worry about the important things in life. Lovin' yer family and friends and doin' the best ya can to give the next guy a hand up so that he's able to deal with things on his own. Makin' sure what principles ya have are stiill doin' the job for ya, that sort of thing...and...

...warmin' up yer coffee and gettin' yer day sorted out before ya head out the door. ;)

It's all good, folks. We'll get it sorted out. One thing at a time, first things first, settin' priorites....sooner or later we'll get it right. Might even do it better! It's a new day, folks! A new opportunity! Take advantage of it!

thedrifter 02-14-2003 07:20 AM

Goodmorning

Happy Valentine's Day......

Well I'm preparing for a few snow storms this weekend.....Starting tonight now going to monday morning we will have off and on snow.....We are being hit with a double wammie.....

Bones Like usually good topic....and coffee.........

All have a good day...and a great weekend......

Sempers,

Roger

PHO127 02-14-2003 10:25 AM

Hello Sgt Bones

I meant to drop in earlier but had some family business to handle. My Son called and he and girlfriend and her kids and two dogs were leaving Ft. Campbell this morning and would arrive this evening for long weekend stay. Sure will be good to see him. I rather suspect the clan is coming down to announce marriage plans.. Saaay this Marine coffee is pretty good. I needed a good jolt of caffeine. Can't stay long, Have to go to store and stock up. The two young ones are 12 and 15 and it hasn't been that long ago since I fed young growing boys. Gotta run now. Saaay that was good coffee will stop by more often.

nang 02-14-2003 10:45 AM

The sun is shining. That's a good thing. This coffee is good. Thanks :k:

wrbones 02-14-2003 11:23 PM

'Mornin' folks! Grab a cuppa joe and cop a squat somewhere! Coffee's on! Paper'll be here inna bit!How the hell ya doin' this mornin'! Well, that's what's coffee's for! Gets yer eyes open and yer brain to workin'! Ah, artificial stimulants! What would we do without them! LOL.

I ain't thought this through yet. I had visited about it before...I think. Anyway. I had some things goin' on and folks talkin' nice about me and I got to thinkin'. Not bein' real comfortable with compliments I do my best to be nice and say thank you if I can force it out, 'cause I know myself a bit. Been livin' with myself fer awhile now and some things I kinda regret. The last eighteen-twenty years I been tryin' to make up fer some of the stuff I screwed up when I was younger. You could say I just learned better...finally. LOL. Some folks are blessed with knowin' better to start with, the rest of us have to sort it out for ourselves! LOL. So another topic we've visited about before comes up and ties into this. Knowin' yerself. Ok, Ok, I'm gettin' there, just hold on fer a minute! LOL.

Al in all, it's just me. The grumpiness, the good stuff that I happen to say now and then, the regrets, the strengths, the weaknesses, it's all me. I try to see the balance of all of that I've said and done and I try to do my best to be a bit better person the next go 'round. Bein' real as I can be. Overall, it ain't a bad way to live....

...but it is kinda scary sometimes. Bein' transparent. ;) Part of growin' up. When ya stop growin', it's just the same as stoppin' yer learnin'. When it happens, I hope they're throwin' dirt in yer face...'cause yer dead already. Be real. It's an interesting way to live.

Warm up yer coffee folks! It's a new day! a new opportunity! Get yer head wrapped around yer day and go take advantage of it. We'll get it sorted out one of these days! LOL. Maybe! LOL.

nang 02-15-2003 04:41 AM

Thanks for the coffee ,again. It's refreshing that someone can be so open with their thinking. Most people drink their coffee, read the paper and move on. You seem to actually set your cup down once in a while and ponder. That's a good thing. I like this coffee shop. The mood is ' pretty much ' always positive, God knows we need more positive thinking.so, keep up the good work.... :ab:

wrbones 02-15-2003 11:02 PM

Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Ya better grab a cup and try to get yer eyes open! It's Sunday! Ya gotta get ready fer the afternoon nap! LOL.

PHO 127, I hope yer enjoyin' yer visit with the family. Nang, you can have that decaf stuff! If it works for you, go for it, brother! LOL. Ponderin' is a hobby I've developed over the years. Takin' a minute or two and just considerin' stuff. Any ol' stuff will do! Kinda like whittlin'. Ya ain't tryin to carve nuthin much, yer just thinkin' while tryin' not to cut yer self! LOL. That's ponderin'. Tryin to sort things out without gettin' anybody hurt much! LOL

I got to thinkin' about takin' naps today. Personally, I think takin' naps oughta be an international law! Things might settle down if more people took naps. If nothin' else they wouldn't have as much time to get in trouble! LOL.

You know. I don't have a thing to visit over today! I ain't been thinkin' about too much, just kickin' back fer once. That damn easy chair of mine is what got me to thinkin' of naps. I spent four hours sawin' logs in the dang thing this afternoon! On the other hand, I didn't get into any trouble, either.

That easy chair ain't much to look at, but it sure is comfortable. Near every one who sits in it goes to sleep. Got one or two folks who stop by who've learned to sit up straight and sit on the edge of the seat if they don't want to nap out! Got some who drop by who insist on sittin' in the kitchen! LOL.

I take that as a compliment when folks are comfortable enough in my house to relax that much. They feel safe here. Ain't no one gonna jump them or mess with their heads...'least not too much anyway! LOL. When the biggest risk someone runs in yer house is nappin' out in the living room, you might be on to something. I can't put my finger on that something, but it's around my house somehow, somewhere, someway. Ya know what. I don't mind havin' that 'something' around my house a bit.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a new day! A new week! We'll get it right this time. Might even do it a bit better! After all,it's a new opportunity. Enjoy yerselves....but take advantage of it. It might be a good day for a nap....;)

catman 02-16-2003 07:42 AM

wrbones...good post and thanks for the coffee. Have a chair just like that in my livingroom, i only wish I didn't have to fight the wife and kids for it so much!

Trav

thedrifter 02-16-2003 08:41 AM

LAZY SUNDAY MORNING........
Sure can use that coffee this morning............It started snowing early this morning, wasn't suppose to start until later today. They be saying 12 to 20 + inches thru tomorrow afternoon......Looks like another couple of days snowed in.....LOL
At this rate, probably will not be able to see my car soon.......LOL
Have to blame it on Sparrowhawk, he said he was going to pass all that rain over here, only trouble it turned to snow......LMAO
Should be a nice day to cuddle up next to Ellie and enjoy the day. Always nice to spent time with your loved ones.
Everybody have themselves a great day and spend some time with those who are most important in their lives...........

Sempers,

Roger