The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Hello from a newbie :) (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36463)

PatriotLady 10-05-2004 12:13 PM

Hello from a newbie :)

Hello; I've just joined this forum and thought I would take a second to introduce myself.
I'm an oldie, but a goodie, lol, 54 and from Rochester Michigan.
My dear hubbie is a Vietnam Vet ( Army )and we are the proud parents of a son serving his second tour of duty in Iraq
(Also Army).
I also served briefly as an Army nurse in Vietnam.

My current occupation is that of a teacher. I love teaching and am never hesitant to tell those whose futures I am trying to help shape, what a wonderful country we live in and how important it is for us to support our military.

Well, I am on break at the moment and must get back to the classroom; but you can be sure that I will be back often and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Hugs, Patriot Lady

David 10-05-2004 12:19 PM

65535 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the site PatriotLady :)

DMZ-LT 10-05-2004 12:24 PM

Welcome PL ! Welcome home and thanks for you and your familys service. Did I tell you I was an Opa ? :D

b3196 10-05-2004 01:01 PM

PL
Welcome home to you and your husband., and prayers to your son in Iraq.
Bob K

Bill Farnie 10-05-2004 01:08 PM

Welcome to the PF and welcome home to both you and your husband.
Please if you get a chance to speak to your son or when you write to him, thank your son for his service from me and America.

Gimpy 10-05-2004 01:11 PM

Welcome aboard!

And welcome home to you and your husband...................and like Bill said,"thank your son for his service from me and America."

Boats 10-05-2004 01:55 PM

Michigan - my grand-parents on my Mother's side lived in Michigan. Leroy, MI just outside of Cadillac. Had two uncles up there - one did milk cows (Uncle Chuck) and the other died so long ago I can remember his name (I feel bad cause his name is lost to me right now) but when we were young we'd ride his old horse with a sway'd back. Three of us could lay side by side across his back.

I also remember the Michigan snow apples. Ugly on the outside but snow white on the inside. They are all gone now but I remember them clearly and can see their faces.

Welcome aboard we can always use some new input as we older dogs are getting abit weathered - if ya know what I mean. ha ha

Jerry D 10-05-2004 05:55 PM

Welcome home PatriotLady :ae:

Tina 10-05-2004 11:10 PM

PL,
This is something I will never get tired of saying. Said a million times and hope I get to say a million more..
You will meet a great bunch of ppl here and will make some of the greatest friends here.. I love them all....
Welcome to the site.. Thanks to you and your husban for serving for our country.. And please no that I Thank your son for the duties he is serving now.. Please also know that your son is in my every pray I say.. May he come home safe and sound..
Love you
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina

SEATJERKER 10-06-2004 02:34 AM

Early rising,...

...A welcome to the site,...

... You are home, rest here for so many here are your comforters,...