The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Friday the 13th (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24396)

DMZ-LT 12-13-2002 05:44 AM

Friday the 13th

In Bitnam I really didn't know or care what day it was , except to subtract one day from my days left # , however today is Friday the 13th ( and payday for those of us paid semi-monthly ) - be careful out there today - I got one of them feelings. Who's walking point ?

exlrrp 12-13-2002 06:13 AM

Re: Friday the 13th

Quote:

Originally posted by DMZ-LT
[B- I got one of them feelings. Who's walking point ? [/b]
John
Yr humble undersigned, same as always.
Yr in the hands of an expert now, this'll only end one way
You never outgrow yr need for ammo

James

(PS Don't worry! Be Happy! Do it for yr old buddy)

DMZ-LT 12-13-2002 06:30 AM

Thanks James , I'll take slack then. I feel much better now - rock and roll !! :a:

Andy 12-13-2002 07:43 AM

13th

LT
While living at 13 Sutton Place and being badge 13 we had our second child and I got promoted to detective. Always thought the 13th was a lucky day and Friday the 13th all the better. Don?t seem to have bad luck on those days. Maybe I?m a carrier. But thanks for the thought.
Don?t recall anything bad happening in Vietnam on a 13th. Maybe suffered a bedroom ailment but nothing more than that.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: My .50 will give you guys the fire power you need. Yes, we have lots and lots of bullets.

Keith_Hixson 12-13-2002 08:11 AM

I read a study!

I read a study on Friday the 13th several years ago.

It stated that from their research that Friday's the 13 were safer than most days overall. They concluded that people become extra cautious on Fridays the 13's and therefore it is one of the safest days of the year for travel, and other activities. Probably true! I usually don't even remember that its the 13th until its over. So, I assume you'll all probably have a safe one, if statistics are correct.

Keith

My Daughter is taking her GRE test today to get into the Master's Program. She brought home the statistics on how well different professions are expect to perform on the test.

I was surprised! Ministers scored had the highest overall average.
They didn't do as well in verbal skills as English but were very close. The didn't do as well in Math as the Math base majors but scored much higher than most. However I was surprised the Math based majors did very poorly on verbal skills and English, was way below average.
I now have proof I'm a well balanced person!!!
I told my wife that and she said, "Ya right dear, you expect me to believe that." :D At least I tried!

DMZ-LT 12-13-2002 08:32 AM

Ok y'all have convinced me it's a safe day. Think I'll go home , get the bike and go to Happy Hour naked tonight. You sure we got enough ammo for that 50 Andy ? Well balanced my a$$ !

Keith_Hixson 12-13-2002 09:49 AM

Hey John,

You know how you can tell a well balance preacher?
They got their bubble in the middle.

I told that to my wife and she said, "But yours has 'done lopped' over and is sagging."

Oh well so much for that theory. I keep trying!

Keith :D

1CAVCCO15MED 12-13-2002 10:26 AM

Staying inside...

A pregnant black cat moved into our garage a few months ago and now we have about five of them running around the yard. A yard full of black cats on Friday the 13th, whew!

Packo 12-13-2002 11:14 AM

Keith!

Ministers do well on GRE'S? Great for you guys/gals.

You ought to see how well I did. My scores were so bad on every part of the exam, I had to go to Chapel Hill wearing knee pads to beg to get in. I guess I looked so pitiful, they had to do it.

Hope she did/does well on the test. I was out of college for too many years to remember all the crap they wanted me too.

Packo

Andy 12-13-2002 12:15 PM

GRE

We had an option of taking the GRE (4 hours) or the Millers Analogy (45 minutes). I opted for the Millers. You know what?s sad, we had to get high scores than people who wanted to became teachers. Keith, pass my good luck along to your daughter. Although I?m sure that with her gene pool she?ll do fine. Her mom is pretty smart.

Lt. Never left base camp without 5,000 rounds minimum for the .50. Sometimes wished we had taken a lot more. BTW: Don?t get naked and then get on your bike. I?m going to have to take a drink tonight to get that picture out of my mind. It?s not a pretty sight.

Stay healthy,
Andy