The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Patriots (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Female POW (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25915)

judyvillecco 03-25-2003 05:31 PM

Female POW

Ever since I saw the POW's I was especially haunted by our woman vet's face. My prayers are with all our brave men and women and much is being said on other forums about them but i thought it might be fitting to honor her here with our thoughts, hopes and earnest prayers for a safe return. :a:

plummobile 03-25-2003 05:53 PM

The Iraqi's are noted for their especially cruel treatment of women. I pray for her and her loved one's. May God watch over her and send angels to her side.

Jerry D 03-26-2003 12:11 AM

I hope the Army female POW in IRAQ gets better treatment from her jailors then our young lady from the last war She was in Supply if I remember and was captured when they also got lost across the border in IRAQ.

nang 03-26-2003 07:27 AM

My prayers are with all of those brave men and women. Lord, please bring them home soon. :(

philly 03-27-2003 07:34 AM

The POW footage was terribly disturbing. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

judyvillecco 03-27-2003 11:01 PM

I heard today a female journalist is missing. :md: The closer they all get to Bagdad the worse it will get for them all. My heart is so heavy for them all but with their hatred and disregard for women it is especially heavy for our missing women and pow. Praying for peace and safe return soon. :a:

judyvillecco 03-28-2003 08:27 AM

I was deeply saddened by Jesse Ventura's statement when asked about the female prisoners on TV on MSNBC 2 nights ago. He said "well if women insist on being in the military they got to pay the piper" Ha Ha. The commentator also laughed and said "you tell it like it is don't you Jesse and he said I alway's have." What struck me about his statement was the laughter and levity of both men. This mindset still prevails. Women have been in all wars but they just didn't get paid or benefits or recognition. How can this ignorance still prevail in a society that claims to be liberating Iraqi women? I pray for the women and men; but especially for all our female troops subjected to this mindset that they deserve what they get. I find it shocking. :cd:

Keith_Hixson 03-28-2003 09:19 AM

Much of the Third World views

Much of the third world views women as objects rather than human beings. However, I hope and believe, that they realize the world is watching and probably will treat the women better than the men. I hope. But, with sadist bunch in Iraq there are no guarantees.

Keith

vetgirl 04-26-2003 06:34 PM

I'm a little late but I was praying for Shashana. It was something in her eyes that reminded me of my own daughter. Then I heard the news that thy rescued the female POW. Low and behold she wasn't my girl, however my prayers were answered! She is nback in the states. would really like to e-mail her... but I don't know how. Any sugestions?

Deb

judyvillecco 04-28-2003 07:11 AM

So good to hear from you vet girl! Yes I rejoiced about her too! I still grieve for the lost one that we don't yet know much about except her shredded clothes in blood but we can guess her sad fate. However I ONLY PRAY THE US MILITARY DOES THE RIGHT THING FOR THE ONES RETURNING. They are already saying they will be okay. Sure POW's will be fine. Our prayers are answered and they are home and I rejoice in that! :a: